Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh noes. For profit companies making…profit. As designed.  Will someone please think of the children?!?

Really?  Record profits justify price hikes? 

I think the causality is the other way around.  I mean, I couldn't give a fuck what Sandy Soccer pays for her shitty grande half-lat almond smoothie, but when it skews closer to the every-day man on the street companies (the WalMarts, etc.) then that sucks.  (No accusation against WalMart, I don't pay attention to their quarterly reports.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Highest inflation in 40 years is overblown? 

Either that argument is wrong or the IMF is wrong. 

1% contribution. 

Global debt cycle, money printing etc etc

half of US inflation per the IMF is energy (read: oil/gas) pricing.  somehow that's even worse in europe.  depending on whether you consider that a supply issue (the IMF discusses energy separately from supply chain so i don't think they do), then yes, supply issues would be the largest driver of inflation (and new/used cars is also a supply issue, and is the second biggest driver of inflation in the US behind energy)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so what is sack of shit and others' talking point(s) gonna be now?

Weird.  Because it says it includes safe smoking kits in about three different spots in the government's Program Grant document.  

https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/grants/pdf/fy22-harm-reduction-nofo.pdf

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think the causality is the other way around.  I mean, I couldn't give a fuck what Sandy Soccer pays for her shitty grande half-lat almond smoothie, but when it skews closer to the every-day man on the street companies (the WalMarts, etc.) then that sucks.  (No accusation against WalMart, I don't pay attention to their quarterly reports.)

Justify, no. But I’m not up in arms that a business man that sells luxury coffee was awarded a bonus after finding  a way to make more money for his company.  It’s how it’s supposed to work.  He’ll get blowback from reports like that tweet, or not, but he did his job and is getting rewarded for it. I have no issue with that 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Weird.  Because it says it includes safe smoking kits in about three different spots in the government's Program Grant document.  

https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/grants/pdf/fy22-harm-reduction-nofo.pdf

You mean maybe Jen isn’t telling the truth? We need to make sure those pipes are clean, to reduce disease transmission. Forget about the gutter dick that got sucked for $9 worth of crack a half hour before it went into the shiny new pipe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, fattyflattie said:

You mean maybe Jen isn’t telling the truth? We need to make sure those pipes are clean, to reduce disease transmission. Forget about the gutter dick that got sucked for $9 worth of crack a half hour before it went into the shiny new pipe. 

Man, I gotta get a new drug....

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why are we assuming they are correlated?

Profit went up 31%. Could it be because YoY people were not going out for coffee as much during an epidemic?

Could it also be true that prices went up (and were passed along to the customer) due to supply and raw goods pricing going up (e.g. almond milk, milk, coffee beans, etc.)?

Couldn't it be the case that the raising of the prices were a 1:1 to the raising of the cost of raw materials, and unrelated to the profit number?

Also, could a 39% raise also be in comparison to past pay during an epidemic where raises/wage growth was delayed, in a true-up? Could the raise be in response to it being an extreme buyers market in the labor market and as a retention method?

Seems like the answer is E) Not enough information to answer the question, but of course you have people on twitter ad libbing together some percentages and a big company name and trying to make a "big bad company" narrative out of it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Snopes: Mostly False. Joe Biden isn't handing out crack pipes to black people. He is handing out crack pipes and syringes to black people.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Fascinating to watch the development and execution of a talking point in real time.  The rollout on Fox News/twitter/you losers of crack pipes is genuinely an impressive and terrifying lesson in efficiency.  

Were you all in on the "good people on both sides" horseshit narrative from the left?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Fascinating to watch the development and execution of a talking point in real time.  The rollout on Fox News/twitter/you losers of crack pipes is genuinely an impressive and terrifying lesson in efficiency.  

I've long stated that lightning fast connectivity and technology is the rope we are (have begun?) to hang ourselves with.

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know dudes who spout everything that comes directly from talk radio and Fox who swear up and down they've never listened to our watched either of them. 

They fucking lie so much I'm not even sure they know they're doing it anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Were you all in on the "good people on both sides" horseshit narrative from the left?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/08/very-fine-people-charlottesville-who-were-they-2/

On the night of Aug. 11, the neo-Nazi and white-supremacist groups marched on the campus of the University of Virginia, carrying flaming torches and chanting anti-Semitic slogans.

This is where Trump got into trouble. While he condemned right-wing hate groups — “those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans” — he appeared to believe there were peaceful protesters there as well.

“You had people — and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally,” Trump said on Aug. 15, several days after the rally. “But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists.”

He added: “There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before — if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones.”

But there were only neo-Nazis and white supremacists in the Friday night rally. Virtually anyone watching cable news coverage or looking at the pictures of the event would know that.

This is the rally and these are the people he was referring to:

image.jpeg.04222312b24bbb732cefd454b803e62c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I know dudes who spout everything that comes directly from talk radio and Fox who swear up and down they've never listened to our watched either of them. 

They fucking lie so much I'm not even sure they know they're doing it anymore. 

My in laws do the same thing.  They are definitely unaware.  

35 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Justify, no. But I’m not up in arms that a business man that sells luxury coffee was awarded a bonus after finding  a way to make more money for his company.

I'm not talking about executive salaries or bonuses.  They're a drop in the bucket.  I'm talking about product price hikes that are "justified" by cost increases and yet profits soar 31%.  That math doesn't work and it's offensive that they would think it does.

He very clearly said he was not referring to neo-Nazis and white supremacists who were there. 

You're free to point out the people there who were protesting the removal of the statue but weren't neo nazis or white supremacists. Go on, take your time. I'll wait.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You're free to point out the people there who were protesting the removal of the statue but weren't neo nazis or white supremacists. Go on, take your time. I'll wait.

You think everyone in Charlottesville who was protesting the removal of Lee's statue was a neo Nazi or white supremacist?

I guess with you fucker's insane definition of racism and what is a white supremacist, you probably do think that.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

You think everyone in Charlottesville who was protesting the removal of Lee's statue was a neo Nazi or white supremacist?

I guess with you fucker's insane definition of racism and what is a white supremacist, you probably do think that.

You being the board's biggest racist, I can only assume you have an extraordinarily high bar and you don't want to count some of those plebes as your own.

• Fuck You 1

You absolute coward. He was specifically referring to the late-night tiki torch rally. These guys: 

2017-08-12t080132z-1893804928-rc1223b41d

I'm sure you're embarrassed to say you drink with some of these guys, but don't pretend we're the ones who are full of shit on this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Looks to me like their gross margins are pretty flat.  Perhaps there are other reasons profits increased.  Same store sales volume increase?  Lower expenses.  Looks like to me they had a really shitty 2020 -- which is not surprising -- and the margins returned to normal.

Capture.JPG

• Hook 'Em 1

no, see, this it how it works: if you're on someone else's boat when a third person says the N word, you're racist.  but if you're at a march surrounded by people carrying swastikas and chanting, "jews will not replace us," you're a fine person who totally isn't racist or a nazi.  you just don't want the government to remove a statue put up in honor of white supremacy during the jim crow era.  which isn't at all a racist thing to want. 

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon