Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Why are we giving grants to buy crack pipes?   It makes no sense.  

Needles I understand.  Crack pipes, I don’t understand.  

Similar reason, to prevent the spread of communicable disease.

It is a simple concept. Harm Reduction kits in part aid in the reduction of the spread of diseases like HIV and Hep C. Drug addicts will share needles and cracks pipes leading to high rates of infection. The needles, pipes, condoms, etc.. are meant to help reduce the spread of disease.

Black and Latino neighborhoods have higher rates of these diseases as well as high drug use. The kits targeting those areas is one method of attempting to reduce health risks that lead to the disparity of HIV/Hep C in poor Black and Latino neighborhoods.

See season 3 of The Wire for a visual description of how these things work.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

Honestly, man, it doesn't cause you to question your information sources when, time after time, they feign outrage over something, only for you to find out later has been around for decades? Not even a little?
Edit: I didn't even read the link below I posted this. I'm glad I did now though. freebeacon.com??? Jesus fucking Christ.

My rep linked the same report on his Twitter and feigned outrage. My rep (Troy Nehls) is a bootlicking GOP foot solider. He sucks and is a moron.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

By handing out new crack pipes? What diseases?

You agree with this?

I don't take issue with it. The research isn't clear on the effectiveness of crack kits but it is a new concept so more studies need to be done. So funding helps these programs which opens them up to further research.

As is noted, such things fall under the heading of "harm reduction," which encompasses a wide area of things.  These have been going on for decades now.

Whether to buy and distribute safe smoking kits is up to the grant recipient, as is buying syringes or condoms, or naloxone or fentanyl test strips.

This isn't some mandate that crack pipes be purchased and distributed.  It's an option for grant recipients, in accordance with local needs and the discretion/judgment of the recipient.

When you google this, you find a bunch of hysteria from dirty cunthole sites like free beacon.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Why?

Like, removing any value judgement on the policy/approach, why do you understand one but not the other?

You don’t see the difference in sharing a needle with someone versus sharing a pipe? And the difference in health risks between the two activities?

Am I being trolled here?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Caponata said:

I think they should try and pass free community college on its own.  Community colleges are supported in a large part by property tax, like public schools.  In fact, the are, in large part, an extension of the public school system and an excellent bridge between high school and college for a lot of folks (or they should be).  Fuck it, make the GQP come out squarely against community college and education.  Make them point blank take the stance that they do not want to help people gain skills to be successful.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think they should try and pass free community college on its own.  Community colleges are supported in a large part by property tax, like public schools.  In fact, the are, in large part, an extension of the public school system and an excellent bridge between high school and college for a lot of folks (or they should be).  Fuck it, make the GQP come out squarely against community college and education.  Make them point blank take the stance that they do not want to help people gain skills to be successful.  

The current high cost of college has been fueled in large part by the proliferation of college loans, and making it free for everyone will only give colleges an excuse to raise tuition fees again. Everyone should not go to college for free,  nor is everyone equipped for college. That's just a simple fact.

Playing the game you're advocating is politics pure, and simple, and doesn't do anything to actually address the root cause of the high cost of college, and in fact may only contribute to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You don’t see the difference in sharing a needle with someone versus sharing a pipe? And the difference in health risks between the two activities?

Am I being trolled here?

One of the justifications is that when pipes are freely available, subcutaneous and intravenous use are reduced. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18502378/

Initially, it does sound kind of "off." 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The current high cost of college has been fueled in large part by the proliferation of college loans, and making it free for everyone will only give colleges an excuse to raise tuition fees again. Everyone should not go to college for free,  nor is everyone equipped for college. That's just a simple fact.

Playing the game you're advocating is politics pure, and simple, and doesn't do anything to actually address the root cause of the high cost of college, and in fact may only contribute to it.

Sigh.  I know there has been a discussion here elsewhere.  While east of student loan dollars is part of the reason for rising college costs, it is not the sole driver.  

Further, the GQP has been playing politics for years.  About time for the other side to fight back.  

I find it amusing that the board right wing contingent screams "playing politics" when some of us suggest that you get the GQP on record for voting against their constituents.  However, they are totally cool to ram through a completely unqualified supreme court justice mere weeks before an election during a pandemic when people had already started voting.  What a bunch of whiny hypocrites you all are.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Sigh.  I know there has been a discussion here elsewhere.  While east of student loan dollars is part of the reason for rising college costs, it is not the sole driver.  

Further, the GQP has been playing politics for years.  About time for the other side to fight back.  

I find it amusing that the board right wing contingent screams "playing politics" when some of us suggest that you get the GQP on record for voting against their constituents.  However, they are totally cool to ram through a completely unqualified supreme court justice mere weeks before an election during a pandemic when people had already started voting.  What a bunch of whiny hypocrites you all are.

Stay on point here.....You can yell GOP all you want. Your concept is still politics, does little to help the problem, and does exactly what you claim the GOP does. I'm a strong an advocate for a better education system, and creating opportunities for people to get a quality education, and that includes a robust skilled trades apprentice program which we need much more than college tuition grants.

EDIT: Yes, a highly articulate and intelligent response . You really hate it when people put points right back in your face, and you have no where to go.  You're cool with playing politics when it suits your needs, or it's from your team, based on your OP.

Have a nice day now ma'am.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Stay on point here.....You can yell GOP all you want. Your concept is still politics, does little to help the problem, and does exactly what you claim the GOP does. I'm a strong an advocate for a better education system, and creating opportunities for people to get a quality education, and that includes a robust skilled trades apprentice program which we need much more than college tuition grants.

Stop your condescension and own what your party has become.  They are all in on not helping their constituents and keeping them stupid to own the libs.  They are fighting Joe Biden tooth and nail not because of the policy itself but because they cannot let him have a win.  Bless your heart.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

7 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

The problem is he's heard news about student loans on the radio since then, so good luck on any educational efforts.

The entire problem with college costs has been created by people like the Obamacare pajama boy taking out $250k in loans to get a degree in Pan-African Poetry, haven't you heard?  It's a singular narrative, to the exclusion of anything else.  Things like.....all college costs skyrocketing, for all degrees.  Or slashing state funding.  Nope.  It's all on stupid kids getting degrees in Albanian Sensitivity Studies.

• Hook 'Em 2

Inflation and the upcoming inflation report that most people think is going to be the ugliest in decades: does Biden bear any responsibility and should he take some ownership? Or is it one of those things that the sitting President doesn't control but gets credit/blame for, like gas prices and the stock market?

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Your concept is still politics, does little to help the problem, and does exactly what you claim the GOP does. 

now see...i am of the opinion there needs to be way more of this, regardless of the issue. if the Dems were bigger assholes, cheaters, and liars like their R counterparts, we'd actually be in much better shape.

3 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Inflation and the upcoming inflation report that most people think is going to be the ugliest in decades: does Biden bear any responsibility and should he take some ownership? Or is it one of those things that the sitting President doesn't control but gets credit/blame for, like gas prices and the stock market?

No, he doesn't.  The Federal Reserve printing money, the pandemic (caused by _________ dealer's choice for that blank spot kids), and energy are the inflation drivers.  Biden is just there.  But he and the Dems will get the blame because they're currently in charge.  

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

No, he doesn't.  The Federal Reserve printing money, the pandemic (caused by _________ dealer's choice for that blank spot kids), and energy are the inflation drivers.  Biden is just there.  But he and the Dems will get the blame because they're currently in charge.  

I'd be curious to hear some of our resident economists talk about MMT and if it works (or doesn't, as it seems to me), but outside of that if what you are saying is true, then Biden isn't responsible for high inflation at this point but if he engineers or oversees any more "printing money" then he will be complicit for any further inflationary growth, yes?

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, DaysOff said:

Something like thirty percent of the inflation numbers is auto sales. Don't buy a car. Problem solved. (My wife bought a car).

My wife is a notorious shopper, but she's a cheapskate when it comes to cars.  She loves her 2015 4Runner.

The problem is, *I* love her 2015 4Runner.  I've tried to entice her into something else for a few years now, but nope, no dice.

• Like 1

I still firmly believe that current inflation is still much more a reflection of supply issues related to a few key goods/services than of an oversupply of dollars  (the dollar is not losing purchasing power relative to other currencies, at least that I’ve seen).  So I think the issue of inflation is being dramatically overblown.  That said, I do think Biden bears some responsibility for the increases in the prices of goods/services over the last few months, as he probably could have done a bit more to alleviate the supply issues; I think he (and many others) were caught off-guard by the omicron wave.

In the end I think Biden is getting very lucky.  I think the pandemic will be in the rear view in time for the supply chain to straighten out and prices to level off in time for mid-terms.  The Fed needs to be very careful not to raise rates too quickly.  And Bidens team needs to avoid an escalation with Ukraine.  Check those 2 boxes and I think the 2nd half of 2022 and (at least) the first half of 2023 are setting up to be extremely prosperous and should be a boon for Biden (even tho it will be mostly the result of good luck).

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 1

Inflation has very little to do with Biden or any other politician.

Take cars for example. The price of cars is going way up, both new and used, because there’s much less supply now due to the chip shortage caused by the pandemic coupled with an increase in demand because everyone is sitting around with more cash than they had before.

MSRP used to be a joke and only suckers paid it. Now it’s basically “The Price” and that’s if you can find the car you actually want. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Looks like both parties are against it.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:23 AM, Snake Diggity said:

I still firmly believe that current inflation is still much more a reflection of supply issues related to a few key goods/services than of an oversupply of dollars  (the dollar is not losing purchasing power relative to other currencies, at least that I’ve seen).  So I think the issue of inflation is being dramatically overblown.  That said, I do think Biden bears some responsibility for the increases in the prices of goods/services over the last few months, as he probably could have done a bit more to alleviate the supply issues; I think he (and many others) were caught off-guard by the omicron wave.

In the end I think Biden is getting very lucky.  I think the pandemic will be in the rear view in time for the supply chain to straighten out and prices to level off in time for mid-terms.  The Fed needs to be very careful not to raise rates too quickly.  And Bidens team needs to avoid an escalation with Ukraine.  Check those 2 boxes and I think the 2nd half of 2022 and (at least) the first half of 2023 are setting up to be extremely prosperous and should be a boon for Biden (even tho it will be mostly the result of good luck).

Highest inflation in 40 years is overblown? 

On 2/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, wildcat09 said:

The fact that most other currencies are also experiencing significant inflation would certainly seem to lend support to the argument that it's primarily supply chain issues.

Either that argument is wrong or the IMF is wrong. 

1% contribution. 

Global debt cycle, money printing etc etc

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon