Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

So the accusation was made they were giving out crack pipes in their safe smoking kits.

They denied it.

An article posted here showed there was safe smoking kits included, but didn’t list what was in the actual kit at all. And that was taken as proof that Joe Biden is giving out crack pipes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Democrats are polling so bad they are talking about natural immunity and banning Congressmen from buying stocks. 

Two weeks ago Youngkin was a murderer for getting rid of mandates.  Now they got new talking points from their pollsters.  Democrats are shitty, shitty people.  Glad America is waking up to this.  See Biden’s sub 40 approval ratings.  

The Corral and Reddit think he’s doing swell.  November is going to be a rough month.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

So the accusation was made they were giving out crack pipes in their safe smoking kits.

They denied it.

An article posted here showed there was safe smoking kits included, but didn’t list what was in the actual kit at all. And that was taken as proof that Joe Biden is giving out crack pipes. 

Seems like you get it.  Durr. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Two weeks ago Youngkin was a murderer for repeating mandates.  Democrats are shitty, shitty people.  Glad America is waking up to this.  See Biden’s sub 40 approval ratings.  

The Corral and Reddit think he’s doing swell.  November is going to be a rough month.  

This guy donates to Ted Cruz and calls Democrats shitty people. Just terrific.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Seems like you get it.  Durr. 

Biden is doing a hell of a job.  Democrats are so smart and wise and better than everyone else.  Look at Biden.  And Hillary.  You just can’t find better people than them in the last decade. It’s why they have the moral and intellectual high ground.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Beto is a great guy.  Married a billionaire’s daughter and has never had a real job. Never worked.  He’s everything about white privilege you dipshits profess to hate. 

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Ignoring all other meme-worthy troll elements entirely, this guy's entire assertation is that elected Democrats are "shitty, shitty people" for *checks notes* listening to pollsters? Because I guess elected officials should not respond to shifts in public opinion?

Actually, that's pretty consistent with GOP orthodoxy these days, so that checks out.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Okay Aggie.  Your life is great hanging around on a Texas football message board past ten on a weeknight goaltending for Joe Biden.  

You have more posts than I do Mr. "I spend more time outdoors than 99% of the world." What's your excuse? Why do you assume that I live in the central time zone? I'm not a poor.

Also, fuck Joe Biden. But at least he'll lose gracefully in 2024 and not throw the world's biggest temper tantrum for all of his "alpha male" supporters to jerk off to.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You have more posts than I do Mr. "I spend more time outdoors than 99% of the world." What's your excuse? Why do you assume that I live in the central time zone? I'm not a poor.

Also, fuck Joe Biden. But at least he'll lose gracefully in 2024 and not throw the world's biggest temper tantrum for all of his "alpha male" supporters to jerk off to.

I have zero posts on any Aggie boards.  

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Democrats are polling so bad they are talking about natural immunity and banning Congressmen from buying stocks. 

You mean the stock ban that is gaining significant traction from both patties… the one tuberville commented on with “they might as well start sending robots up here. You can’t do anything. I think it would cut back on the amount of people that would want to come up here and serve.”

1 minute ago, bluto said:

You mean the stock ban that is gaining significant traction from both patties… the one tuberville commented on with “they might as well start sending robots up here. You can’t do anything. I think it would cut back on the amount of people that would want to come up here and serve.”

I always giggle when I remember that Tommy Tuberville is a United States senator. Like holy fuck. Raw stupidity is encouraged.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Weird.  Because it says it includes safe smoking kits in about three different spots in the government's Program Grant document.  

https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/grants/pdf/fy22-harm-reduction-nofo.pdf

Except it doesn't.  It talks about smoking and smoke free workplace in several spots.

What it does say is this, under required activities:

"Grant funds must be used primarily to support the following required harm reduction activities:

• Purchase equipment and supplies to enhance harm reduction efforts, such as:

o Harm reduction vending machine(s), including stock for machines; o Infectious diseases testing kits (HIV, HBV, HCV, etc.);

o Medication lock boxes;

o FDA-approved overdose reversal medication (as well as higher dosages now approved by FDA);

o Safe sex kits, including PrEP resources and condoms;

o Safe smoking kits/supplies;

o Screening for infectious diseases (HIV, sexually transmitted infections, viral hepatitis);

o Sharps disposal and medication disposal kits;

o Substance test kits, including test strips for fentanyl and other synthetic drugs;

o Syringes to prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases;

o Vaccination services (hepatitis A, hepatitis B vaccination); and

o Wound care management supplies."

See page 8.

So, while it is a "required activity," the purchase and distribution of safe smoking kits, whatever they may comprise, is one of several options, meaning it's not required or mandatory.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Ignoring all other meme-worthy troll elements entirely, this guy's entire assertation is that elected Democrats are "shitty, shitty people" for *checks notes* listening to pollsters? Because I guess elected officials should not respond to shifts in public opinion?

It's almost like they don't really stand for anything, huh?  Just an all out attempt to stay in power and keep those investments paying in.   

Beto back on the wagon wrt to the 2nd, I see.  Back, and forth, back, and forth.  Would be nice if he could decide what he believes on that, regardless of his pollsters advice.  

• Fuck You 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

My BoTh SiDeS! beacon just lit up like a Christmas tree.

Oh I believe the R's believe their bullshit hook, line, and sinker.  It's clear and simple to see Beto's outlook on the 2nd, Stacy A's thoughts on mask efficiency, and Joe's racial "gaffes" throughout his entire life (through his words and policies).   At least the R's aren't afraid to show you how they really feel. 

9 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

They denied it.

“HHS and ONDCP are focused on using our resources smartly to reduce harm and save lives. Accordingly, no federal funding will be used directly or through subsequent reimbursement of grantees to put pipes in safe smoking kits,” HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra and Office of National Drug Control Policy Director Rahul Gupta said in a statement. “The goal of harm reduction is to save lives.”

The kits do contain rubber tips that a user can place on a crack pipe to help reduce disease transmission.

One thing I find odd is that the FOX crowd has been whipped into a frenzy about crack pipes, but they don't seem to have a problem with clean needle distribution, which actually IS part of the program.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Aren't they the same?

Nope, crack is a by product of coca leaves (think super high octane coke), and meth is a manmade, synthesized drug.  He's trying to play games, they're both equal opportunity drugs regardless of race.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

16 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not talking about executive salaries or bonuses.  They're a drop in the bucket.  I'm talking about product price hikes that are "justified" by cost increases and yet profits soar 31%.  That math doesn't work and it's offensive that they would think it does.

Ignoring crackpipe-gate for a second and getting back to this; how does the math not work exactly? And do you have access to more data than I do to make determinations?

• Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, Bravo said:

No, the pipes. I know meth and coke are different. 

I think they are functionally fairly interchangeable, but historically, a crack pipe is just a glass tube and you put steel wool or brillo in it as a "filter" and rocks in one end and heat.  While a meth pipe has a round "bowl."  The small functional difference being that crack comes in fairly large chunks, while meth more resembles a powder.

Christ, the internet is so full of right-wing propaganda on this you can't even find pix.

Also disturbing, in a pearl-clutching way, some harm reduction kits include heroin "works."

The reality of this is almost all harm-reduction strategies are cringey to those of us not deeply immersed in street-drug culture.  

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

The reality of this is almost all harm-reduction strategies are cringey to those of us not deeply immersed in street-drug culture.  

The reality is the Austinites who in theory see a practical and pragmatic way to help people get their fix in a safer way (because they know they will get the fix no matter what) are also the same people who who will melt down when this is implemented by a Greg Casar-like pol and all the druggies are walking around the city like walking dead and openly using and being an eyesore and bringing their dark demons from the hidden corners of society into the light.

Homeless people camping out front shoulda told ya.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I’m genuinely confused here. Maybe I just need to watch more FOX News.

Of course the shift from the Democrats is political and based on what the hearing/seeing from the electorate - bad poll numbers, dwindling support for COVID measures among Democratic voters, etc. We all agree on that, right?

Where you start to lose me is the assertion that elected officials changing policy based on public opinion means they stand for nothing and are desperate to stay in power? I mean, isn’t representing their constituents kind of an elected official’s job? The implication here is that you think the job of elected officials is to be resolute in their stance no matter what new information is presented to them. I mean, I can’t argue with that if that’s what you really believe, but that’s incredibly stupid and childish. Since you mentioned the Governor’s race, I’m sure you’re just beside yourself with righteous indignation given his much Greg Abbott has changed his approach to appease the MAGA crowd? Otherwise this is a standard you just invented that applies only to Democrats.

If I didn’t know any better I’d say this entire “issue” grasping at straws to bitch about Democrats, but there’s just no way you’d be doing that, right?

I think the distinction is that, a party evolving and morphing to what it's constituents want (polling) is the job, versus a single politician changing to remain in power or to get elected for the sake of being elected.

A single politician (he used Beto as an example) who will change stances and oscillate based upon polling is someone without integrity/honesty/steadfast belief. That person is an opportunistic politician versus the political body which is being a good steward of constituency. 

In the individual case if you say and get elected because you believe A but the tide turns and now B is in fashion, by changing to B just to remain elected means you are a power-hungry politician and not a true representative. The individual who believes B should then be elected.

Did I get that right?

• Fuck You 1

It’s a problem. When you have only one city that wants to help people, more people needing help show up. Then you have the homeless camps. God forbid we take a top down plan of action from the governors office and even out the burden across metropolitan areas. Abbott is too busy spending $1 billion on 900 feet of a fence.

• Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

They denied it.

"Ah, so it doesn't prove that there isn't crack pipe in there!." - MAGAts

13 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Beto is a great guy.  Married a billionaire’s daughter and has never had a real job. Never worked.  He’s everything about white privilege you dipshits profess to hate. 

I assume this was posted with no hint or sense of irony, huh?

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon