Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

10 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Not sure if this is the same poll that Sack got the state by state breakdown from, but even if so it’s a different breakdown   

I'm not sure there is enough info to break it down on pure R/D poll respondents, and I'm sure some didn't identify either way, but it's pretty clear that they polled more Republicans than Democrats (probably 54/46 or thereabouts).

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Here's a fun thought experiment: Where would inflation be on the list of issues if the press never reported on it?

I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that prices are rising...  I guess if you're a child or a trust fund baby then it doesn't matter. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Here's a fun thought experiment: Where would inflation be on the list of issues if the press never reported on it?

The rich and wealthy don’t like inflation since it ultimately impacts them more and reduces their wealth so the press reports on it.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The rich and wealthy don’t like inflation since it ultimately impacts them more and reduces their wealth so the press reports on it.

This is wrong, but otherwise great point. Great job Jimbo

This might work for immigration. It doesn’t affect every person and most of the country would never know what the numbers are.

Inflation has to be tracked for policy purposes and everyone is aware of their costs going up. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

This is wrong, but otherwise great point. Great job Jimbo

This might work for immigration. It doesn’t affect every person and most of the country would never know what the numbers are.

Inflation has to be tracked for policy purposes and everyone is aware of their costs going up. 

Since you disagree, that’s how I know I’m right.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

53 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I can see the military industrial complex is doing well per usual 

Isn’t bipartisanship lovely?

Thanks Uncle Joe!

The budget would benefit the biggest U.S. defense contractors including Lockheed, Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC.N) and General Dynamics Corp .

Edited by Anastasis

5 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Most people wouldn't get worked up over a 7% increase in consumer goods over 12 months unless someone tells them they should.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Incredulity said:

What a completely out of touch asshole.

It’s not one thing dickbag. It’s everything.

No, it's not everything. It's also not really 7% when you factor in the wage increases that have been happening over the past year.

But man are we gonna act like it's the 70s all over again because boy howdy that gets the juices flowing.

Meanwhile, let's not talk about the $9 trillion funneled to Wall Street since 2008 that mysteriously never seems to trickle down.

Pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Thank Jeebus the repubs are around to be able to help us solve inflation... oh wait, they are no shows and letting inflation go unaddressed for their own personal gain?  What a shocker.  Time and time again, the repubs have proved that they only want to play by their own rules, and their own rules have repeatedly and consistently shown to only make this country worse.  Fuck off with your pretend worry about milk going up a quarter.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

who does inflation hurt more is not actually that simple of a question.

Empirically, we find a strong negative link between inflation and income inequality in a
panel of 10 OECD countries over the period 1970-2010. The relationship between the
two variables is statistically significant over the whole sample and robust to the
exclusion of individual countries. When we allow for nonlinearity, the relationship turns
into a U-shape. At low inflation levels, the observed income inequality is high. It then
decreases to reach a minimum at an inflation rate of about 13%, and then rises as
inflation goes further up. Other studies also highlight this non-linear relationship (Galli
and van der Hoeven, 2001, Bulir, 2001, and Auda, 2010).

https://www.cepweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/CEP_WP_Inflation_and_Income_Inequality.pdf

Edited by elfenix

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, that hurts.

not you though.

And it is absolutely fucking ridiculous that anyone is arguing inflation hurts rich people more.  Yeah, it might take a bitter nominal bite out of their money but that's because....they have money.  Po folks have to make decisions on what groceries to buy less of or to downsize their shelter, or to stretch out how long they wear certain clothes, etc etc.  Rich people just get a little annoyed about the cost of their sushi or decide to only go out to eat twice a month or take one less vacation a year.   Cry me a river.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon