Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

19 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Although I often disapprove of the performance of politicians, I still will generally vote for the one who's not a real jerk.

Hell, I tend to vote for folks who don't actively light shit on fire like the last fucking guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Or you could have a realistic perspective on what is achievable and push that instead of an all-in-one, leftist, wishlist megabill. 

See, you say this, but when something more centrist is put forward, you then say THAT is leftist.  Basically, you aren't arguing in good faith (shocker).  Anything that isn't right to far right is LEFTIST NONSENSE in your book.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Joe Biden blessing the Texas economy with $115/bbl oil. Our budgets restored and deficits erased. O&G guys throughout the industry love this man, and curse that loser Trump who somehow managed to invent negative prices.

Can’t believe I ever wasted time lighting candles for job creators when I could’ve gone straight to Joe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Or you could have a realistic perspective on what is achievable and push that instead of an all-in-one, leftist, wishlist megabill. 

Yeah, I don't think that would have made a difference. But hey, at least he got some infrastructure stuff done in his first year. Did Trump ever make good on that promise, or is it still tied up with his healthcare plan?

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah, I don't think that would have made a difference. But hey, at least he got some infrastructure stuff done in his first year. Did Trump ever make good on that promise, or is it still tied up with his healthcare plan?

They got tax reform.

McCain was Trump’s Manchin.  

it’s all been done before.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

See, you say this, but when something more centrist is put forward, you then say THAT is leftist.  Basically, you aren't arguing in good faith (shocker).  Anything that isn't right to far right is LEFTIST NONSENSE in your book.

Jackoff.gif

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Joe Biden blessing the Texas economy with $115/bbl oil. Our budgets restored and deficits erased. O&G guys throughout the industry love this man, and curse that loser Trump who somehow managed to invent negative prices.

Can’t believe I ever wasted time lighting candles for job creators when I could’ve gone straight to Joe.

Yeah I hear ya.  I mean if Trump wasn't sucking Putin's and  a dismembering Saudi Prince 'smurdering cocks... there still might be a healthy fracking industry in Texas and the US in general.  But you know... Jared needed a loan.  Trump needed silence. Too bad Trump was emasculated with those two.

The war has put the now White Nationalist lean of the GOP in an awkward place.  Despite all the stupidity on the war repeatedly on FOX, propaganda is beginning to be noticed. And that disinformation will penetrate a VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE of the GOP voting base.  That percentage will grow as the incessant criticism, and running down of a war time President are going to take a toll.  Lying about reality is what Russia is all about.  Just enough folks will begin to notice how the GOP and Putin operate.

Nice to see Biden crushing in the Job production department.  Where Trump could not even keep up (PRIOR TO COVID) with the economy he inherited. 

Midterms my be tougher. But the Lies the GOP pedals, are gonna be tougher to sell going forward, as the mainstream media focuses on Russian disinformation.

Edited by horn4life

On 3/5/2022 at 11:21 AM, Dbeasy said:

Both parties are at fault. The Dems should have pushed for a less aggressive but reasonable legislative agenda and then showed how the GOP was nothing but an obstructionist organization. Build momentum towards the tougher agenda items.  Instead they went for it all and lost badly.

The infrastructure bill was simply a GOP tactic to get grift for their constituents and show disingenuously a willingness to cooperate with Democrats, which they will never do earnestly. 

Being less aggressive hasn’t gotten the Democrats nowhere.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 12:21 PM, Dbeasy said:

The Dems should have pushed for a less aggressive but reasonable legislative agenda and then showed how the GOP was nothing but an obstructionist organization

Oh yes, once the public finds out the GOP is nothing but an obstructionist organization, then the tide will turn!!!

The GOP has been an obstructionist organization since jumpstreet. Conservatism is literally oppostiion to change. That’s their whole fucking platform. Everyone is quite aware what they are, and why they do it. The idea that Democrats should scuttle their own legislative ambition in hopes that the GOP will meet them in the middle or be exposed as obstructionist is laughable, and in fact plays into their hand. 

The Democrats need better leadership, messaging, and a spine. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

On 3/5/2022 at 11:21 AM, Dbeasy said:

Both parties are at fault. The Dems should have pushed for a less aggressive but reasonable legislative agenda and then showed how the GOP was nothing but an obstructionist organization. Build momentum towards the tougher agenda items.  Instead they went for it all and lost badly.

The infrastructure bill was simply a GOP tactic to get grift for their constituents and show disingenuously a willingness to cooperate with Democrats, which they will never do earnestly. 

I don't know what makes you think the Dems are capable of something like this. They're not even using the Russian invasion of Ukraine to remind voters that the GOP went hard pro-Putin during Trump's term and that much of the party still supports Putin. The Democratic party are the Washington Generals of domestic politics.

As for legislative strategy, they had to try packing a lot of stuff into a reconciliation bill because they didn't have the votes to abolish the filibuster. There was no other option. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't know what makes you think the Dems are capable of something like this. They're not even using the Russian invasion of Ukraine to remind voters that the GOP went hard pro-Putin during Trump's term and that much of the party still supports Putin. The Democratic party are the Washington Generals of domestic politics.

As for legislative strategy, they had to try packing a lot of stuff into a reconciliation bill because they didn't have the votes to abolish the filibuster. There was no other option. 

If you ask a majority of Republicans about Russia right now they will tell you Trump and his administration was the hardest president ever on Russia/Putin and Biden is the one that is on Russia’s side.  Facts don’t matter to these people and they go by what Fox News and the R’s tell them.  I watched like 5 minutes of the Sunday political shows yesterday and got to see Nikki Haley spewing how Trump was incredibly tough on Putin and of course Chuck Todd was not able to call her out on that crap.  

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

If you ask a majority of Republicans about Russia right now they will tell you Trump and his administration was the hardest president ever on Russia/Putin and Biden is the one that is on Russia’s side.  Facts don’t matter to these people and they go by what Fox News and the R’s tell them.  I watched like 5 minutes of the Sunday political shows yesterday and got to see Nikki Haley spewing how Trump was incredibly tough on Putin and of course Chuck Todd was not able to call her out on that crap.  

It's not like there aren't facts that can be used to refute those claims.  I mean, it took quite a while for Trump to begrudgingly institute some of the sanctions against Russia that had been drafted yet not yet put in place.  He was notoriously soft on Russia, regardless of any and all claims to the contrary.

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The Dems are absolutely incapable of savvy or cleaver political messaging and strategy.  I'm constantly amazed at how inept they are. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Dems are absolutely incapable of savvy or cleaver political messaging and strategy.  I'm constantly amazed at how inept they are. 

Y’all are getting this “Dems are bad at messaging” talking point backwards.

Dems don’t have a dedicated 24 hour propaganda channel and their base aren’t conspiracy theory numbnuts.

Fox News is GREAT at messaging/propaganda and they’re persuading idiot lunatics.

Democrats have a much harder job.
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Dems don’t have a dedicated 24 hour propaganda channel and their base aren’t conspiracy theory numbnuts.

Fox News is GREAT at messaging/propaganda and they’re persuading idiot lunatics.

Well, they do have MSNBC, and while that is not a perfect analog to Fox News by any stretch, they need to make the most of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

That's true, but the fact that they have a harder job doesn't excuse them from even trying to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.axios.com/biden-saudi-trip-oil-b7a91070-8045-4155-9120-a35d59fd7603.html

Scoop: Biden advisers weigh Saudi Arabia trip for more oil

President Biden’s advisers are discussing a possible visit to Saudi Arabia this spring to help repair relations and convince the Kingdom to pump more oil, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: A hat-in-hand trip would illustrate the gravity of the global energy crisis driven by Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Biden has chastised Saudi Arabia, and the CIA believes its de facto leader, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was involved in the dismemberment of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.

The possibility also shows how Russia's invasion is scrambling world's alliances, forcing the U.S. to reorder its priorities — and potentially recalibrating its emphasis on human rights.

Biden officials are in Venezuela this weekend to meet with the government of President Nicolás Maduro. Some Republicans and Democrats in Washington suggest Venezuela's oil could replace Russia's, according to the New York Times.

Any visit to the Persian Gulf would come amid a busy presidential travel schedule during the next few months.

Biden will likely take trips to Japan, Spain, Germany and, potentially, Israel, Axios has also learned.

thumbs-up-nice.gif

• Rage+1 1

Yay!! aligning closer with murderous assholes

US producers could take one for the team and ramp up production

Or US consumers could take one for the team and deal with high energy costs. 

What really will happen?

Everyone will point fingers at everyone else because we're all selfish cunts. 

• Hook 'Em 5

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yay!! aligning closer with murderous assholes

US producers could take one for the team and ramp up production

Take one for the team?

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Or US consumers could take one for the team and deal with high energy costs. 

Everyone will point fingers are everyone else because we’re all selfish cunts.

Interesting framing. The American middle and lower class should “take one for the team” otherwise they’re selfish. You make it sound like this was all unforeseen or just happenstance. 

Broad based inflation and a mishandled transition to green energy globally were already happening before Putin decided to go full war criminal. Those forces are inherently destabilizing and set the table for other dominos to fall if the conditions presented themselves.

Next will be food shortages around the world, but specifically in the Middle East after wheat prices have spiked.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 4

I really don't get how they can be so shitty at so many things when they've been so effective at rebuilding our diplomatic relationships that Russia is basically North Korea now. They're seriously going to go groveling to the fucking Saudis, who haven't given this administration shit even though they're still getting all the bombs they want to drop on Yemen? The alternative of renewing the push to pass BBB, with even more investments in alternate energies, and branding it as a patriotic energy independence/fuck Putin bill is right there and they don't even see it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The alternative of renewing the push to pass BBB, with even more investments in alternate energies, and branding it as a patriotic energy independence/fuck Putin bill is right there and they don't even see it.

Im going to suggest that maybe, just maybe, they don’t actually believe that it would fix the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Im going to suggest that maybe, just maybe, they don’t actually believe that it would fix the problem. 

of course you would say that. you haven't offered a real solution to anything - going however many usernames back included.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Well, you can pass three bills per year of various categories and instead of failing in it all, they had two more bills they could have passed last year, and then three more in the future. They simply lost out on two bills  

As for messaging, I’ve probably been the most vocal person on Surly about how the Dems have been terrible at it and it’s the single biggest mistake they keep making. 

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

of course you would say that. you haven't offered a real solution to anything - going however many usernames back included.

Short to medium term it is a difficult problem to fix. Probably the best shot is to fly to Saudi Arabia and beg MBS to pump more. With oil and NG prices this high we will have demand destruction and economic slowdown before much can be done though. Especially if they go higher which they should if we somehow sanction Russian exports. Then we’ll have to see how NG prices affect fertilizer usage and crop yields going forward. But no, I don’t think the answer is printing a couple trillion and a solar panel in every pot or anything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

47 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Hasn't the leftist cabal always wanted high oil prices to help facilitate the transition to clean energy

Well, here ya go, fucktards. 

I think a few billion people need to starve to death first, but yeah

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

When was this? Be specific.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=42735

In November 2019, the United States exported 772,000 barrels per day (b/d) more petroleum (crude oil and petroleum products) than it imported, marking the third consecutive month in which the United States was a net petroleum exporter. Although the United States is a net petroleum exporter as a whole, most regions other than the U.S. Gulf Coast region remain net petroleum importers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2021/10/22/the-us-oil-supply-is-still-out-of-balance/?sh=1447b93d7ec3

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon