Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

5 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

not you though.

And it is absolutely fucking ridiculous that anyone is arguing inflation hurts rich people more.  Yeah, it might take a bitter nominal bite out of their money but that's because....they have money.  Po folks have to make decisions on what groceries to buy less of or to downsize their shelter, or to stretch out how long they wear certain clothes, etc etc.  Rich people just get a little annoyed about the cost of their sushi or decide to only go out to eat twice a month or take one less vacation a year.   Cry me a river.

zQf.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

not you though.

And it is absolutely fucking ridiculous that anyone is arguing inflation hurts rich people more.  Yeah, it might take a bitter nominal bite out of their money but that's because....they have money.  Po folks have to make decisions on what groceries to buy less of or to downsize their shelter, or to stretch out how long they wear certain clothes, etc etc.  Rich people just get a little annoyed about the cost of their sushi or decide to only go out to eat twice a month or take one less vacation a year.   Cry me a river.

so now we're fans of marginal utility?

26 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Fuck those truckers and people! I have black face on thought like a good Fuhrer. amazing how the working people are now Rs. Serioiusly the Rs are going to have the biggest pick up in the history of the US.

I can guarantee you that Trudeau will not carry the American working class vote.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 2/18/2022 at 1:28 AM, TexLonghorn said:

Thank Jeebus the repubs are around to be able to help us solve inflation... oh wait, they are no shows and letting inflation go unaddressed for their own personal gain?  What a shocker.  Time and time again, the repubs have proved that they only want to play by their own rules, and their own rules have repeatedly and consistently shown to only make this country worse.  Fuck off with your pretend worry about milk going up a quarter.

Republicans do not want to govern. There is a hundred years of evidence. That’s the lie they tell constituents or the media. Their sole objective is obstruction and defunding government for the sole purpose to say that government is broken so they can make more money in the private sector because they have all the money. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Bravo said:

Serioiusly the Rs are going to have the biggest pick up in the history of the US.

They will not, after this round of redistricting, there are simply not enough competitive seats.

Edited by gmr548

On 2/18/2022 at 12:28 AM, TexLonghorn said:

Thank Jeebus the repubs are around to be able to help us solve inflation... oh wait, they are no shows and letting inflation go unaddressed for their own personal gain?  What a shocker.  Time and time again, the repubs have proved that they only want to play by their own rules, and their own rules have repeatedly and consistently shown to only make this country worse.  Fuck off with your pretend worry about milk going up a quarter.

Quick question: who controls the House, Senate, and executive branch? Dems are now fingerpointing at republicans because they can’t actually agree on anything. It’s quite funny actually.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

19 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Quick question: who controls the House, Senate, and executive branch? Dems are now fingerpointing at republicans because they can’t actually agree on anything. It’s quite funny actually.

They don't control the senate, or at least they have no practical control. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

What does any of that have to do with the video posted? Do you know how the Federal Reserve Board nominations are approved? Are you really this ignorant?

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/15/1080890000/senate-republicans-nominations-federal-reserve-sarah-bloom-raskin-inflation

“Senate Republicans blocked a committee vote Tuesday on five of President Biden's nominees to the Federal Reserve board, delaying their confirmation at a time when the central bank is under growing pressure to crack down on inflation.”

So no, even with control of all three branches, the Democrats can’t magically disregard rules and procedures. This isn’t Russia. The Democrats have the votes, but they need quorum to actually vote. The Republicans are obstructing. So when they say they give a shit about solving inflation, it is clearly a lie. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

On 2/19/2022 at 7:51 AM, Neonmoon said:

Republicans do not want to govern. There is a hundred years of evidence. That’s the lie they tell constituents or the media. Their sole objective is obstruction and defunding government for the sole purpose to say that government is broken so they can make more money in the private sector because they have all the money

TRUTH. 

This needs to be hammered into the public consciousness by Democrats but they are too enamored with playing nice and always cowtowing to a mainstream media that demands civility and bipartisanship from one party while moving the goalposts when the other comes to power. 

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

So no, even with control of all three branches, the Democrats can’t magically disregard rules and procedures. This isn’t Russia. The Democrats have the votes, but they need quorum to actually vote. The Republicans are obstructing. So when they say they give a shit about solving inflation, it is clearly a lie. 

i mean they could, the other side never seems to have a problem doing it. i say again, if Democrats were bigger liars, cheaters and assholes like their Republican counterparts we'd all be better off.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2

Wow, you know the CR cabal is hating this. This is the 1st post since Sunday in the Biden chat. He slurs through this speech. He campaigned on controlling Putin. Don't make me post those vids. BTW if Trump was bought and sold by Putin then he waits until he is gone to invade? Then all we do is some sanctions. Or did he wait until the tuff unstable guy was out? Then see how how Biden fucked up the withdrawal from Afghanistan and see how he is senile? 
MSM loved his speech. So funny. So weak and slurred. Putin smells blood and soon will be China. 
I seriously didn't think another Trump presidency could ever happen but us looking like bitches and showing no strength could make it so. I'm not even talking about the anti woke shit which will be the most massive blood bath in Democrat politics ever. Not hyperbole. 
We have Kamala sent over and she is a fucking moron. She has done more damage also. 
Biden campaigned on knowing Putin and how to deal with him. 
Can any CR OG admit he is a fucking disaster? 

Also, is there anything Biden has done that is good? He is a fucking disaster. Even I think some fringe CR guys can admit that. Jimmy Carter 2.0 on steroids. 
Trump had the world leaders knowing he may do anything. Now we see the shit show. Most here won't want to admit this. BTW most Americans don't care what Europe thinks about us. I'm sure now we look like bitches like they have been for 300 yrs 

More wee hour musings from our totally real American friend Bravo. Comrade, might I suggest that this site is more your speed? https://www.texags.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

What was posting a Dan Price tweet supposed to mean, in response?

It seems a lot of people who like Dan Price and don't think him a half-baked attention horse, are replying that they think companies are purposely creating a bottleneck. But the article linked talking about the insane supply/demand which has driven freight rates through the roof (and thus accounting for the operating profit mentioned in the tweet) seem to say otherwise.

And you are responding to a post about a blockade. Can you explain your point for those of us who are missing it?

• Fuck You 4

I’ve refrained from commenting on Biden because what I have to say isn’t good but I’m still glad he got out of Afghanistan. I’m glad Trump isn’t President anymore either. I’ll probably wait until after the midterms to vent on Uncle Joe/Dem’s leadership. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ve refrained from commenting on Biden because what I have to say isn’t good but I’m still glad he got out of Afghanistan. I’m glad Trump isn’t President anymore either. I’ll probably wait until after the midterms to vent on Uncle Joe/Dem’s leadership. 

I mean, it's early, but it really does seem like he's actually crushed the Ukraine issue in terms of legit sanctions, helping get allies together, and uniting the world (minus Rs) against Russia.  Not sure how much of that was actually his doing, but it certainly doesn't look like he fucked it up.  No jinx.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, it's early, but it really does seem like he's actually crushed the Ukraine issue in terms of legit sanctions, helping get allies together, and uniting the world (minus Rs) against Russia.  Not sure how much of that was actually his doing, but it certainly doesn't look like he fucked it up.  No jinx.

Ukraine is getting leveled on his watch, not exactly a success story.  

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

What would you have rather he done?  Avoiding WW3 so far seems like a pretty decent plan.  Again, it's early.

Sorry you’re getting raped, I would do something but there are risks involved, wouldn’t want to start WW3.

Our inability to stand up to this guy is why he keeps pushing the envelope. He’s already started WW3 and will continue until stopped. He’s not going to nuke us over a no-fly zone, that’s ridiculous, we’re not going to invade Russia either.  Our foreign policy has always been based on the credible threat of force and Biden has completely abandoned that stance preemptively when it comes to Ukraine. Putin isn’t going to stop at Ukraine either. Biden doesn’t have to put troops on the ground but he doesn’t have to take them off the table either. Again, credible threat has value. No one wants WW3, especially Putin, but he’ll level Ukraine if he can get away with it and move on to the next atrocity. Some superpower we are.  

I hope the Ukrainians can win on their own, I hope this works out but if it doesn’t, it’s because we did stop it early on and then we will have bigger problems. 

• Fuck You 2

*because we did not stop it early on

I don’t believe we aren’t allowed to stop it. We are members of NATO. We must act with respect to our agreements. Biden is and has done what he can within the membership of NATO. We aren’t leading this either.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

I don’t believe we aren’t allowed to stop it. We are members of NATO. We must act with respect to our agreements. Biden is and has done what he can within the membership of NATO. We aren’t leading this either.

According to the 1994 Budapest accords we are obligated to defend Ukraine’s independence. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

But as Putin has already demonstrated, agreements don’t mean shit.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Sorry you’re getting raped, I would do something but there are risks involved, wouldn’t want to start WW3.

Our inability to stand up to this guy is why he keeps pushing the envelope. He’s already started WW3 and will continue until stopped. He’s not going to nuke us over a no-fly zone, that’s ridiculous, we’re not going to invade Russia either.  Our foreign policy has always been based on the credible threat of force and Biden has completely abandoned that stance preemptively when it comes to Ukraine. Putin isn’t going to stop at Ukraine either. Biden doesn’t have to put troops on the ground but he doesn’t have to take them off the table either. Again, credible threat has value. No one wants WW3, especially Putin, but he’ll level Ukraine if he can get away with it and move on to the next atrocity. Some superpower we are.  

I hope the Ukrainians can win on their own, I hope this works out but if it doesn’t, it’s because we did stop it early on and then we will have bigger problems. 

If you are for assassination, I'm for that too.  If you have an Operation Crossbow up your sleeve, let's fucking go.

hqdefault.jpg

But again, what would you have Biden do?  Should we bomb them?  Should we nuke Moscow preemptively?  None of that is worth the risk.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

According to the 1994 Budapest accords we are obligated to defend Ukraine’s independence. 

Wrong. Don't start that bullshit. It just requires us not to attack and to support them in the UN in case of nuclear attack. It doesn't require we do anything militarily to provide protection. 

"Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used"."

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Wrong. Don't start that bullshit. It just requires us not to attack and to support them in the UN in case of nuclear attack. It doesn't require we do anything militarily to provide protection. 
"Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used"."

Thank you. I knew there was more to it than what was posted.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

again, what would you have Biden do?  Should we bomb them?  Should we nuke Moscow preemptively?  None of that is worth the risk.

I already told you, credible threat of force is the first thing.  Just starting to talk about entertaining a no fly zone can have an effect on the ground.  Biden needs to stop conceding ground rhetorically, it’s an unforced error. That’s been his mistake.  Start acting like the superpower we are, just a little. 

It sucks this situation is on Biden’s plate and there is a laundry lists of events and mistakes on our part that led up to this before Biden but if Russia captures Ukraine he will absolutely get the blame.  I don’t want that to happen nor do I want to see a genocide. 

I see the Biden Administration making the same mistakes as the Obama Administration when it comes to Putin and it sucks.  They will work their ass to justify not doing the right thing and everyone will just go along with it because there was nothing we could do. I call bullshit on that. Additionally, my opinion doesn’t mean shit. 

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

First, my mistake, my understanding of the agreement was in error. 

Second, Russia violated the agreement when they invaded Ukraine. Who is supposed to enforce that?  Seems like these pieces of paper are worthless. 

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

First, my mistake, my understanding of the agreement was in error. 

Second, Russia violated the agreement when they invaded Ukraine. Who is supposed to enforce that?  Seems like these pieces of paper are worthless

Yes. Pretty much. 

15 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

What Irwin said.  

What thing should he be doing that he's not?

I agree with what we have done thus far. I hope we keep letting other nations in Europe make the public decisions while we stay in the background doing work behind the scenes to aid the Ukrainians. I believe there is a lot we are doing to help the cause that we are not broadcasting and I am good with that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Show me where we have that obligation. What I’ve read is far from clear.

Russia clearly has violated its promises to respect Ukraine’s sovereignty. I’ve yet to see anything where we agreed to defend Ukraine against Russian aggression.

That said it is extremely frustrating to watch this unfold and know that our hands are tied absent aggression against a NATO ally.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I agree with what we have done thus far. I hope we keep letting other nations in Europe make the public decisions while we stay in the background doing work behind the scenes to aid the Ukrainians. I believe there is a lot we are doing to help the cause that we are not broadcasting and I am good with that. 

Biden has done several things in this crisis that have been great. Spoiling the surprise invasion way in advance, preempting Russia’s false pretext. Undercutting the information war.   I’m livid we’re at this point though. Putin is to blame. However “the West” provided so many enablers over the last 15 years for him to get here and that isn’t Biden’s fault, but they too should be held accountable. I’m done here. Slava Ukraini!

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon