2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

UCLA opted for Azevedo

And OU leads 3-0 already, no outs.  Walk, double, 3 run HR.

and that is why I said to start Faraimo. Now their hands are tied. OU is too good to fool with offspeed 2-3 times through the order.

Edited by FloridaHorn

50 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I think they start Faraimo, get to the 3rd and then go to Azevedo. You can always bring Faraimo back in if needed to close things out. It will interesting to see what OU does if UCLA can get a couple early off Trautwine.

They should have started Faraimo…in hindsight.

15 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

They should have started Faraimo…in hindsight.

LOL, for me it wasn't hindsight, I posted my opinion in the 6th inning of game 1. If they started Faraimo, they could've went to Azevedo and then reentered Faraimo late in the game. The only way to beat this team is to stay ahead of their adjustments. Now they are going to Faraimo in the 2nd and she is going to have to go the distance.

6 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

LOL, for me it wasn't hindsight, I posted my opinion in the 6th inning of game 1. If they started Faraimo, they could've went to Azevedo and then reentered Faraimo late in the game. The only way to beat this team is to stay ahead of their adjustments. Now they are going to Faraimo in the 2nd and she is going to have to go the distance.

I never have thought KIP to be more than an above-average coach who can recruit well (bc she's at UCLA).  Looks like that thought continues. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I never have thought KIP to be more than an above-average coach who can recruit well (bc she's at UCLA).  Looks like that thought continues. 

She doesn't even recruit well. UCLA recruits itself....if she was that good, she would have Jennings and Alo on her team. 

2 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

She doesn't even recruit well. UCLA recruits itself....if she was that good, she would have Jennings and Alo on her team. 

That's what I meant, UCLA recruits itself.  She's not doing that much to make it better - above-average at best.   

Also this is my fear of exactly how our semifinal would go too - maybe we pull an upset in game 1 out of desperation, but then OSU remembers they're the 2nd best team in OKC and kick our ass in the if-necessary game. 

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

They seem like they're pretty good. You guys took one. That was impressive enough. The only teams the Sooners have lost to this year are in the Final Four.

Yeah, I read they had mercied  the other team something like 39 out of 56 games.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Also this is my fear of exactly how our semifinal would go too - maybe we pull an upset in game 1 out of desperation, but then OSU remembers they're the 2nd best team in OKC and kick our ass in the if-necessary game. 

I think we will lose the first one, but then again I’ve doubted this team all year.

BTW, in the bottom of the 5th, total bases is now OU 23, UCLA 2. 

The difference is UCLA being the home team. We're about to see that evened out here.

Edit - Woo hoo! A baserunner! A real live baserunner! Goooooooo Bruins! You got this!

Edited by SL Xpress
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

It’s their school hand signal. I mean that literally. It’s been that way for decades. They’re the ones that started the whole thing. I used to get kids throwing Horns down at me in an Oklahoma high school back in the 80s because they knew I was a rabid Texas fan. It’s not new. 

They buy all kinds of gear licensed by Texas with the horns down or the Longhorn symbol upside down. They’ll throw the Horns down when they make great play even when Texas isn’t involved  

I get that people are perplexed by it, but it’s ancient fucking history at this point. Every one else doing it is the new thing. 

This is correct. 

Our fans need to stop thinking they do the horns down because they are constantly thinking of Texas.  That is incorrect.  It's clear they fully believe that is just their hand signal.  They've never had one (like the cool other universities) so they've adopted that.  It doesn't really mean "fuck Texas" rather it means "go ou."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

Alo has the swing that all power hitters should be taught. The way she keeps her hands back so long, allowing her hips to clear, creates so much bat speed. It's amazing to watch that girl swing the bat. 

She could have been a great golfer too. And…would make more money!

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

This is correct. 

Our fans need to stop thinking they do the horns down because they are constantly thinking of Texas.  That is incorrect.  It's clear they fully believe that is just their hand signal.  They've never had one (like the cool other universities) so they've adopted that.  It doesn't really mean "fuck Texas" rather it means "go ou."

Well, kinda. It's a nifty combination all in one. Look, they celebrate people who cheated to get their land. They're not right thinking people. No way around that.

It's going to be interesting being affiliated with OU, Arkansas, and A&M all at the same time. They can have a battle royale for who hates us the most.

29 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I feel like UCLA is getting sympathy cards from the Tutsis. 

If Texas somehow makes it past Oklahoma State, I'm not above considering some kind of food poisoning.

do you know a Patel in Stillwater?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Js1 said:

2.5 months ago I thought these girls hated softball and playing for Mike. Because they sure looked like it and Mike’s new style wasn’t working 

Today:

Great stuff Js1

Would be interesting to hear from players after the season about what changed -- they sure seem to have more joy playing now.

Kinda funny seeing Mike "fly the bird" when he felt like his players weren't getting a fair game -- wonder how much of an effective that had for this team as well ??

Really have enjoyed watching the two regionals + WCWS with Horns showing so much fight and heart. 

Been a fun ride -- let's go Horns !!  🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Great stuff Js1

Would be interesting to hear from players after the season about what changed -- they sure seem to have more joy playing now.

Kinda funny seeing Mike "fly the bird" when he felt like his players weren't getting a fair game -- wonder how much of an effective that had for this team as well ??

Really have enjoyed watching the two regionals + WCWS with Horns showing so much fight and heart. 

Been a fun ride -- let's go Horns !!  🤘

Mike has done a masterful job late in the season playing the “Us against to world card.” The team believed it, and the NCAA did him a favor by sending them way out west, as that was just more fuel for his fire.