Girl Scout cookies (not selling, just eating)

Hawndoh

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Aldis and Walmart have respectable cheap knock offs.

We can buy that shit all year long.  For me, GS Cookies are awesome because of the charity aspect and some of the lessons involved are supporting a constructive activity for kids.  I'm not a fan of people at work doing all of the work for their kids, but I have vetted some folks out and know their daughters are putting in their steps.  LOL.  I will pre-order from them.  A couple of them will call me, and i know Mom or Dad are in the room,  " Mr Slorch would you like to order any cookies this year?"  Why yes.  Yes I would/ no pedo.  I would like a truckload of X, Y, and Z.

IMHO, it's not as much about the cookies...

Edited by slorch

15 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Where are you getting Smores? Those were cancelled a year ago. At least in Central Texas.

My kid has sold 1,200 boxes so far. She would make an excellent drug dealer.

Dallas. I'd assume we have different bakeries from Central Texas. 

First few booths this year people were thrown off by the new $6/box price and were only buying 1-2 when last year the normal purchase was 4 for $20.  So, my kid started a new sales spiel of "1 FOR $6 OR 5 for $30!!!"  People can't do simple math but love to think they're getting a deal.  She went from selling an average of 70 boxes per booth to 110 boxes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2024 at 6:37 PM, CooterBrown said:

Where are you getting Smores? Those were cancelled a year ago. At least in Central Texas.

My kid has sold 1,200 boxes so far. She would make an excellent drug dealer.

She should get a job at the Clifton Dairy Queen.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/state/2024/02/06/dairy-queen-meth-clifton-texas-waco-arrests/72480298007/

On 1/25/2022 at 7:09 AM, Landomatic said:

14 posts in and no bitching about parents at work stopping by everyone's office to guilt you into buying their kid's cookies? We're slippin.

Hated that time of year when I was working in corporate America. Pretty surefire way to instantly rank the political importance of people in my office though.

Entry level hourly employee (knock knock)...sure I'll take a box and I'm pissed for being put in that position.

CEO (knock knock)...sure gimme 20 boxes and I consider it a great investment in my future.

When my daughter was selling cookies, I put a sign in the office break room with QR code that went to a google form which had my Venmo account.

I had her deliver the cookies, but why sell cubicle to cubicle when you can use technology?

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, deadshank said:

My haul came in.  One of my employee’s daughter is a GS.  

IMG_0058.jpeg

A desk calendar -- how quaint.  I see you got entered on the 7th.  Congrats on the sex.

Those peanut butter patties are my #1.  Out here they call 'em Tagalongs.  You failed by only getting one box of them.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

A desk calendar -- how quaint.  I see you got entered on the 7th.  Congrats on the sex.

Those peanut butter patties are my #1.  Out here they call 'em Tagalongs.  You failed by only getting one box of them.

There’s another box behind the one in the picture.   I’m no fool. 

• Hook 'Em 1