Jump to content

Girl Scout cookies (not selling, just eating)


Hawndoh
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

We don't get the better of the 2 girl scout cookie varieties here in central Texas. 

https://www.wideopeneats.com/girl-scouts-cookies-map/

Ehhh, we have used both bakeries and I think each bakery has some that are superior to the other. The Smores we had >> the other Smores, and Lemonades >> Savannah Smiles for sure. I also like Caramel Delites a bit more than Samoas and PB Sandwiches over Dosidos, but Tagalongs >> PB Patties (tho PB Patties still fuck)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

What's the ruling on putting up a sign outside my office saying GS Cookies are available for purchase?  No soliciting, just an informational sign.

 

32 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It's acceptable as long as you're wearing your uniform

Ha! 

Serious answer, no problem at all with posting a sign.  Lots of people like girl scout cookies, and like supporting the girl scouts, and would be happy to buy from you. Anyone that would be bothered or offended by a sign, without you actively soliciting from them, is a miserable dikface.

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, utee94 said:

 

Ha! 

Serious answer, no problem at all with posting a sign.  Lots of people like girl scout cookies, and like supporting the girl scouts, and would be happy to buy from you. Anyone that would be bothered or offended by a sign, without you actively soliciting from them, is a miserable dikface.

Cool.  I also generally throw 6-10 boxes into the breakrooms after the selling period is over.  Don't need all that in the house.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I WFH almost exclusively now, but spent many years in an office cube-farm environment, and folks that were selling GS cookies generally just set a few boxes on top of their upper cabinets, where you could see them above the cubicle partitions.  That signal alone, would bring the droves of eager cookie-purchasers to their cube.  

I'm a GS dad myself now and have access to more than enough cookies, but before my daughter was born I was happy to purchase from those folks.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, Rickylovesweed said:

Anybody who likes thin mints is a terrorist. 

Agreed. Loved them as a kid but they're kind of boring now.

 

On 1/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, irishtexan said:

we got some lemonades last year and were surprised at how good they were. They might be my #1. I get down with Caramel Delights (formerly Samoas), thin mints, Peanut Butter Patties (formerly Tagalongs), the previously-mentioned lemonades, and maybe a few shortbreads and a small glass of milk for dipping. 

Still Tagalongs in Dallas. You get Peanut Butter Patties in Fort Worth. Tagalongs >>>> Peanut Butter Patties.

I re-ordered Tagalongs at least three times from a buddy's daughter last year. They're outstanding!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Where the hell are all the Girl Scouts in Houston? Before covid you couldn’t escape them at the grocery store or even my old neighborhood but I haven’t seen any in like 2 years. 

You can order online and have them delivered to your home now.  If you know any families with girl scouts, ask them and they can give you the link, so the child gets credit for the sale.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

You can order online and have them delivered to your home now.  If you know any families with girl scouts, ask them and they can give you the link, so the child gets credit for the sale.

 

Ok but what if you don't know any?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 sleeve of thin mints is a single serving. 
1 box of Tagalongs is a single serving. 
 
why isn’t that reflected on the box nutritional guidelines?
 
(and now thanks to an above post I’m thinking about a bunch of little thin mint and vanilla ice cream sandwiches. 

If only one sleeve had the same calories as an actual serving size.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 10:05 AM, Texas St. Armadillos said:

What's the ruling on putting up a sign outside my office saying GS Cookies are available for purchase?  No soliciting, just an informational sign.

Depends on your employer's rules on solicitation.

We have a dude at work who does SB squares and straight up, everyone knows 1/2 goes to his kid's baseball team and 1/2 goes to payout. He keeps a sheet in his desk and we can go ask for squares, but he can't be bugging people, "Hey will you buy some squares for my son?" It sells out by mid January every year and he doesn't have to push it on anyone.

Maybe semantics; but in the end, for us at least- just don't be a dick about it.  Don't be openly selling to people to where it interferes with how the office flows.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 9:50 AM, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Cool.  I also generally throw 6-10 boxes into the breakrooms after the selling period is over.  Don't need all that in the house.

You should throw a box into the breakroom now, during selling period. People try one, get hooked, have to come to you for more.

#FreewayRickRoss

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2022 at 8:16 AM, TornACL said:

I bought a box of Thin Mints and threw them in my freezer. They lasted three days, which for me is a personal record for willpower. 

Putting thin mints is supposed to be some sort of like hack.  I get it in theory, but ours barely get cold and they are gone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Depends on your employer's rules on solicitation.

We have a dude at work who does SB squares and straight up, everyone knows 1/2 goes to his kid's baseball team and 1/2 goes to payout. He keeps a sheet in his desk and we can go ask for squares, but he can't be bugging people, "Hey will you buy some squares for my son?" It sells out by mid January every year and he doesn't have to push it on anyone.

Maybe semantics; but in the end, for us at least- just don't be a dick about it.  Don't be openly selling to people to where it interferes with how the office flows.

Yeah, I feel awkward enough putting a sign up.  I never solicit or even tell people "Hey, I have a sign."

The only reason I do it is the GS are a great organization.  At least the troops we have been involved with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Bump just to say that I tried the new GS cookie (Adventurefuls) and while they are fine, the Tagalongs still reign supreme followed by the Samoas.  
Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

The Adventurefuls were good to start but became less interesting Going through the tray. I love the peanut butter sandwich still.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...

gsusa-23-marcomm-cookiepromo-raspberryra

Quote

Meet Raspberry Rally™, the thin, crispy cookie infused with raspberry flavor and dipped in chocolaty coating*. They may look like Thin Mints’® sister, but these cookies have a delicious taste that’s all their own. They're sure to become a new favorite.

Raspberry Rally is an online-exclusive cookie that can only be purchased online and shipped directly to your home. Be sure to find a Girl Scout you know to place your order.

Online-only is rather different for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, it’s time?  My favorite move is to give them $20 for a box of Samoas, a box of thin mints and then let them keep the change.  Also fully support the self serve cookies in the office break room with a Venmo link.  
 

Wife: “what did you do for lunch today?”

Me: “Girl Scouts”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...