Really Gone Posters

On 3/2/2022 at 7:59 PM, troph said:

He was a good one. I really enjoyed him, he was full of substance and a light. I’m miss him.

I’m not ready for you assholes to start dropping on me. Truth be known I’ve known a lot of you since I was 21 when I first logged on in the UGL to the world of sports message boards.  Now I’m 46 so that’s 25 years. Good grief. I’ve had not one single friend longer than I’ve known some of you. Some I have known that long though from college. God’s fly swatter isn’t kind to us on this earth and I’m simply not ready for y’all to start dropping like flies. 

Yeah, I'm running up on 20 years in this community and the various versions of it that has existed throughout the years. But that means the posters who were in their 40s when I started are now in their 60s. Life is inevitable.

RIP to those we've lost, so far.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 9:42 PM, BearSchlong said:

Tried to call Diablo tonight and when his phone went immediately to VM I got a chill, then hit up the Waco Obits.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/mark-terry-obituary?id=32396700

back when he was the somewhat deranged unklphucker on TOS he was a bad alcoholic. He eventually got sober a few years back and his posting quality improved accordingly.  I'd stop in and visit with him and we'd do dinner or starbucks, he was a really good natured man.

Prince of a guy in his latter years.  Just listened to his outgoing voice mail greeting a few times.  I'll miss you buddy.

Damn. I always liked him.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:14 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Sad to hear about Diablo, Bash and Zork. Glad Soul Glo is still among the living. EVilhorn sounded like a good guy that I wish I had met over a beer at ABGB.  Surly is a dysfunctional community but it still is family and I wish all you fuckheads well. RIP to the ones that we've lost.

This this this.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2022 at 11:14 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Sad to hear about Diablo, Bash and Zork. Glad Soul Glo is still among the living. EVilhorn sounded like a good guy that I wish I had met over a beer at ABGB.  Surly is a dysfunctional community but it still is family and I wish all you fuckheads well. RIP to the ones that we've lost.

I didn't know about that.

21 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I felt like Chris Hayes ran the inflation thread and the Joe Biden thread pages through ChatGPT and got his segment last night. 15 minutes long, but hey it’s Friday and workswithseed (RIP) would have given you a cartoon podcaster

Workswithseed is dead?