Texas Basketball 2022-23

shadow_operative

24 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't care one way or another if it's a win for Texas Tech. I don't have anything against them, but I don't have a rooting interest in their success.

The college sports landscape has changed in a lot of "get off my lawn" ways for me over the last 40 years, and at no time has the acceleration been more rapid then the last few seasons. My priority as a Texas fan is that Texas is best situated to compete at the highest level in whatever division they choose to be in. There's a huge part of me that would be satisfied in following Texas as a Div II type school with much fewer scholarships and resources devoted to athletics, but that's unrealistic. But if we're going to compete at the FBS/Div I level, let's do it to the best of our ability. That's no longer going to be possible in the Big 12. That conference can still ultimately position themselves as the third best conference, with a lineup of solid programs that the B1G and SEC don't want. But that's its highest realistic aspiration. Texas Tech with their recent investments in facilities and NIL is already showing a serious commitment to being among the best of that group. So maybe you're right, in that it works out great for them. Wouldn't bother me a bit.

But in the professionalization of college sports, the B1G and the SEC are going to have the inside track in writing the rules by which all the other participants abide by. They'll have way more resources at their disposal. And they'll end up with a more united voice in the sense the governor/speed limiter of smaller programs with fewer resources holding back the spending of resources by the bigger programs will no longer exist, or will be so muted as to be immaterial. 

I can't say I'm 100% thrilled with this brave new world, but I am excited about UT's potential place in it. Especially given the amount of talent and effort being invested in NIL on behalf of the program. 

All good points, however I remain unconvinced that the fortunes of Texas football will be significantly better than those left languishing in the B12, especially in an expanded playoff paradigm. If schools like Baylor, Tech, OSU and a few others can be exploitive of their opportunities to improve, their path to playoffs could prove less problematic than a Texas in a top heavy Sec. The early ROI on McGuire  has resulted in recruiting and financial support on level normally unassociated with Tech. Should that continue, they could thrive in the new B12. The most any of us can do is wait and see. 

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

All good points, however I remain unconvinced that the fortunes of Texas football will be significantly better than those left languishing in the B12, especially in an expanded playoff paradigm. If schools like Baylor, Tech, OSU and a few others can be exploitive of their opportunities to improve, their path to playoffs could prove less problematic than a Texas in a top heavy Sec. The early ROI on McGuire  has resulted in recruiting and financial support on level normally unassociated with Tech. Should that continue, they could thrive in the new B12. The most any of us can do is wait and see. 

It all depends on the head coach. It always depends on the head coach. Texas has now gone through Akers, McWilliams, Mackovic, Brown, Strong, Herman, and Sarkisian over the last 45 years. Of those, only Brown was the best hire possible given all potential candidates. If you're insisting on handicapping yourself in the hiring process, you get what you deserve. Go out and money whip the best possible candidate and let's see what he can do. This is assuming Sarkisian doesn't work out. Who knows? Maybe he does. I just always remember Darrell Royal's quote, "If he's going to bite, he's going to bite as a pup."

But this is the basketball board. 

Personally, not only do I think the Big 12 is the best basketball conference in the country, I think it's going to remain that way after UT/OU's departure. Sampson has UH on a roll. I have a tremendous respect for him as a basketball coach. I've never seen anyone get more effort out of his players year in/year out than Sampson. I don't know what he does in that regard, but it works. They're a top 10 program right now and I don't see that changing.

But it will be fun renewing things with Arkansas in basketball in ways it won't be for me in football. Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, et al. Plenty of exciting matchups. If it's a downgrade it's not by much. Feels more like a lateral move. And A&M will always pack in fans, both home and away.

Facing Tech in an NCAA tournament setting would be a lot of fun. Or one of those NYC/Hawaii/Bahamas type tournaments. Again, I don't have any ill will towards Tech or their fans, really. I just want to be in a different conference. I felt the same way at the end of the SWC but Baylor and Tech had the political connections to make sure that didn't happen. I'm glad it worked out the way it did this time, even if the SEC isn't exactly my ideal destination. But better the SEC if it gets us out of the Big 12 than remaining in what I consider a lesser affiliation, and have since the Nebraska/Missouri/Colorado/A&M departures. 

15 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

It all depends on the head coach. It always depends on the head coach. Texas has now gone through Akers, McWilliams, Mackovic, Brown, Strong, Herman, and Sarkisian over the last 45 years. Of those, only Brown was the best hire possible given all potential candidates. If you're insisting on handicapping yourself in the hiring process, you get what you deserve. Go out and money whip the best possible candidate and let's see what he can do. This is assuming Sarkisian doesn't work out. Who knows? Maybe he does. I just always remember Darrell Royal's quote, "If he's going to bite, he's going to bite as a pup."

But this is the basketball board. 

Personally, not only do I think the Big 12 is the best basketball conference in the country, I think it's going to remain that way after UT/OU's departure. Sampson has UH on a roll. I have a tremendous respect for him as a basketball coach. I've never seen anyone get more effort out of his players year in/year out than Sampson. I don't know what he does in that regard, but it works. They're a top 10 program right now and I don't see that changing.

But it will be fun renewing things with Arkansas in basketball in ways it won't be for me in football. Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, et al. Plenty of exciting matchups. If it's a downgrade it's not by much. Feels more like a lateral move. And A&M will always pack in fans, both home and away.

Facing Tech in an NCAA tournament setting would be a lot of fun. Or one of those NYC/Hawaii/Bahamas type tournaments. Again, I don't have any ill will towards Tech or their fans, really. I just want to be in a different conference. I felt the same way at the end of the SWC but Baylor and Tech had the political connections to make sure that didn't happen. I'm glad it worked out the way it did this time, even if the SEC isn't exactly my ideal destination. But better the SEC if it gets us out of the Big 12 than remaining in what I consider a lesser affiliation, and have since the Nebraska/Missouri/Colorado/A&M departures. 

Fair enough. I’m just one of the few who wasn’t pretending not to like the Sec before Texas and OU bolted.  I can see Texas and Tech crossing paths in BB on a going forward basis. Fans bases in Austin, Waco and Ft, Worth hate and secretly admire how Tech fans support that program.

31 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Fair enough. I’m just one of the few who wasn’t pretending not to like the Sec before Texas and OU bolted.  I can see Texas and Tech crossing paths in BB on a going forward basis. Fans bases in Austin, Waco and Ft, Worth hate and secretly admire how Tech fans support that program.

k

10 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't know what to tell you. They're not consequential to me. Well, that loss in 2008 was very consequential, but that doesn't make me think of the series with fondness. There's a lot of shitty losses to TCU, UH, and Baylor, that don't make me think of any of those schools as any more consequential, either.

Chance Mock had lost his starting job to Vince Young but Mack Brown subbed him in for the late scoring drive to win the game. Now he lives in a basement bitter as fuck about his career at Texas. Talking about when he sobbed on the field after a win isn't compelling to me. He probably has the end of that game on permanent playback around his house.

I don't hate Texas Tech. I hate being forced to play them. I look forward to not playing Tech, Baylor, or TCU. I especially look forward to not playing Tech in basketball, because they are going to be butt hurt about Chris Beard until the Sun is a dying ember. I don't blame them for it. I just don't want to be party to it. 

I also want to make it clear that Texas has a lot of the responsibility for all these dysfunctional dynamics, which we're really going to see when Texas goes to the SEC. A lot of it has to do with in state schools and everything that goes along with that. But a lot of it has to do with the inherent arrogance of Texas. We're an easy institution and fan base to develop a certain distaste for. It just ends up being more fun to beat Texas than other programs. That was never more apparent to me than the field goal tearing down tour of 1997, Mackovic's last season, but it's not like it's changed. 

I'm ready for a different set of schools to hate Texas, and for it to have nothing to do with instate dynamics. We'll have a good start with Arkansas. Wait until our players head to Fayetteville for their first time and they have 20k screaming Pig Sooie's greet them in Bud Walton Arena, because those inbreds have had Texas Longhorn hate passed down generation to generation even when we don't play them. They're licking their chops at the first matchup with the Longhorns in basketball, especially with Musselman in charge there. 

In any case, I'll be happy to see Tech in the rear view mirror. I don't wish them ill. I really like Mark Adams and hope he's very successful at Tech. I just don't want to play them any more except in the tournament. 

I am going to guess maybe incorrectly that you've never been to Fayettenam.

31 minutes ago, Satchel said:

That's a bizarre take. 

First of all, you have too many negatives in this statement: " I’m just one of the few who wasn’t pretending not to like the Sec before Texas and OU bolted."

Does that mean you liked the SEC before? Or you weren't pretending you liked the SEC before? Or you weren't pretending you didn't like the SEC before? I'm confused.

I didn't like the SEC before. I don't like the SEC now. But college sports is going to a professional model where the money is heading towards another period of hockey stick growth, and star players are going to be paid 6 and 7 digit salaries by third parties. The Big 12 is not united in how to handle that paradigm, and it made the conference commissioner an ineffective advocate for UT's position. They needed to be in the B1G or the SEC. The B1G wanted to do everything above aboard, and some of the members weren't in favor of bringing UT/OU on, while the SEC was all in favor of making the talks secret, sidelining A&M, and making sure the conference said yes if OU/UT wanted to join. That fit Eltife's agenda of going around the legislature in their off year, with a UT alum in the governor's house who wouldn't call a special session. As opposed to the clusterfuck UCLA finds itself in, which UT went through as well as they had the UT/A&M PUF domination seriously threatened when they wanted to leave the SWC. It's the best scenario given the circumstances. Doesn't mean it's my druthers, but of all the options that were legitimately on the table, it's by far the best path.

As far as hating and secretly admiring how Tech fans support that program, what drugs are you on? They had their first sellout since Texas was there in 2018 in football. They were hardly a rabid basketball fan base before Beard got up there. 

In 2015 they averaged 6623 per game.

2016 (Beard's first season) 8284

2017 - 9026

2018 12098

2019 14050

2020 Covid

2021 13973

You know what I actually admire? Beard driving an avid basketball culture up there. Which he's now in the process of doing here. What do I have to hate and admire about Tech fans? I'm indifferent to them. I just don't want to be in the same conference. That's it. As the saying goes, nothing personal. It's business. I understand it can FEEL personal when you're on the other side of the equation, but that's not my problem. It's not UT's responsibility to help carry a conference with its brand, and I'm glad the leadership sought the path it did. 

I honestly don't understand your position on this. I'm not trying to curtail the discussion, but your takes have been strange to me. 

23 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I am going to guess maybe incorrectly that you've never been to Fayettenam.

This is literally what I said in the thread you're quoting:

"Wait until our players head to Fayetteville for their first time and they have 20k screaming Pig Sooie's greet them in Bud Walton Arena, because those inbreds have had Texas Longhorn hate passed down generation to generation even when we don't play them. They're licking their chops at the first matchup with the Longhorns in basketball, especially with Musselman in charge there."

Yes, I've been there. Not for a basketball game, though. I did go to SWC tournaments in Barnhill South, and that was bad enough. 

The difference is in basketball I hate them, too. I always thought it was a fun, bitter, hateful rivalry both ways with Lemons/Sutton and Penders/Richardson. In football I've always felt it was more one way, although I've been in a number of arguments with people who insist, no, it was a big deal every time Arkansas came to Austin. It wasn't, but whatever. People are going to believe whatever they're going to believe. Including me. 

16 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

tech hates texas more than they hate all other athletic programs combined. this is not up for debate. 

Nope.

Love beating Texas.  Just fucking hate aggy.  It's different.  Much.

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

This is literally what I said in the thread you're quoting:

"Wait until our players head to Fayetteville for their first time and they have 20k screaming Pig Sooie's greet them in Bud Walton Arena, because those inbreds have had Texas Longhorn hate passed down generation to generation even when we don't play them. They're licking their chops at the first matchup with the Longhorns in basketball, especially with Musselman in charge there."

Yes, I've been there. Not for a basketball game, though. I did go to SWC tournaments in Barnhill South, and that was bad enough. 

The difference is in basketball I hate them, too. I always thought it was a fun, bitter, hateful rivalry both ways with Lemons/Sutton and Penders/Richardson. In football I've always felt it was more one way, although I've been in a number of arguments with people who insist, no, it was a big deal every time Arkansas came to Austin. It wasn't, but whatever. People are going to believe whatever they're going to believe. Including me. 

I read what you said. That's why I asked. Maybe if you had actually gone to the Old Barnhill, you might not be so quick to have our kids go there. It's one thing to play in a rivalry game but that's not Barnhill or Bud Walton.

47 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I read what you said. That's why I asked. Maybe if you had actually gone to the Old Barnhill, you might not be so quick to have our kids go there. It's one thing to play in a rivalry game but that's not Barnhill or Bud Walton.

You want a hug? Have you tried therapy?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

That's a bizarre take. 

First of all, you have too many negatives in this statement: " I’m just one of the few who wasn’t pretending not to like the Sec before Texas and OU bolted."

Does that mean you liked the SEC before? Or you weren't pretending you liked the SEC before? Or you weren't pretending you didn't like the SEC before? I'm confused.

I didn't like the SEC before. I don't like the SEC now. But college sports is going to a professional model where the money is heading towards another period of hockey stick growth, and star players are going to be paid 6 and 7 digit salaries by third parties. The Big 12 is not united in how to handle that paradigm, and it made the conference commissioner an ineffective advocate for UT's position. They needed to be in the B1G or the SEC. The B1G wanted to do everything above aboard, and some of the members weren't in favor of bringing UT/OU on, while the SEC was all in favor of making the talks secret, sidelining A&M, and making sure the conference said yes if OU/UT wanted to join. That fit Eltife's agenda of going around the legislature in their off year, with a UT alum in the governor's house who wouldn't call a special session. As opposed to the clusterfuck UCLA finds itself in, which UT went through as well as they had the UT/A&M PUF domination seriously threatened when they wanted to leave the SWC. It's the best scenario given the circumstances. Doesn't mean it's my druthers, but of all the options that were legitimately on the table, it's by far the best path.

As far as hating and secretly admiring how Tech fans support that program, what drugs are you on? They had their first sellout since Texas was there in 2018 in football. They were hardly a rabid basketball fan base before Beard got up there. 

In 2015 they averaged 6623 per game.

2016 (Beard's first season) 8284

2017 - 9026

2018 12098

2019 14050

2020 Covid

2021 13973

You know what I actually admire? Beard driving an avid basketball culture up there. Which he's now in the process of doing here. What do I have to hate and admire about Tech fans? I'm indifferent to them. I just don't want to be in the same conference. That's it. As the saying goes, nothing personal. It's business. I understand it can FEEL personal when you're on the other side of the equation, but that's not my problem. It's not UT's responsibility to help carry a conference with its brand, and I'm glad the leadership sought the path it did. 

I honestly don't understand your position on this. I'm not trying to curtail the discussion, but your takes have been strange to me. 

I have never liked the Sec. I don’t like the Sec now. Nothing really strange about my position. Many posters didn’t like the Big12 before and they don’t like it now. It happens.

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

I have never liked the Sec. I don’t like the Sec now. Nothing really strange about my position. Many posters didn’t like the Big12 before and they don’t like it now. It happens.

I'm with you. That's not a strange position to me. Your wording was strange to me. I hate the SEC, too. I just think the Big 12 is an albatross, particularly in the modern age of professional college sports (which I'm also not a fan of, but it's a Supreme Court ruling). Texas needs to be in a conference where the commissioner is an unadulterated advocate for big revenue programs, and that was simply never going to happen in the Big 12. 

Your position on other fans hating and secretly admiring Tech support is the bizarre take. 

21 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I'm with you. That's not a strange position to me. Your wording was strange to me. I hate the SEC, too. I just think the Big 12 is an albatross, particularly in the modern age of professional college sports (which I'm also not a fan of, but it's a Supreme Court ruling). Texas needs to be in a conference where the commissioner is an unadulterated advocate for big revenue programs, and that was simply never going to happen in the Big 12. 

Your position on other fans hating and secretly admiring Tech support is the bizarre take. 

Do you think it’s bizarre to believe that prior to joining it, Longhorn fans didn’t love the Sec but secretly admired its success from afar?

6 hours ago, HookEm said:

I admire the SEC in football. But the Big12 is a vastly better basketball conference in my opinion. This is a big downgrade for hoops.

KenPom has the Big 12 and SEC as the two best CBB conferences in 2022. So it's a step down but not a gigantic one.

The SEC has definitely gotten better recently and made much better coaching hires. The problem in the past was usually that the conference had rosters full of great athletes but mediocre basketball players. They could posterize the crap out of you but had no footwork or fundamentals.

1 hour ago, Gohogs14 said:

KenPom has the Big 12 and SEC as the two best CBB conferences in 2022. So it's a step down but not a gigantic one.

Regardless of what it was like in the past, the Big 12 is about to get a lot weaker IMO.  If you look at last year, the worst Big-12 team according to KenPom was West Virginia at #66.  And 7 /  10 were in the top-35 nationally.  There were zero games easy games. Was anyone remotely relaxed about playing WV or K-State, even at home?  And you had to play ALL the extremely good teams twice.

Now, they add much easier games against #58 BYU, #101 Cincinnati and #104 UCF. And because they will probably be in divisions, you may only have to play Kansas, Baylor, Houston or Tech only once.  

In the future SEC, it will be so much easier only having to face Kentucky or Tennessee or Arkansas once.

Pomeroy had the following rankings at the end of the 2022 Season:

Future Big 12 had:

• #2 Houston
  • #3 Kansas
  • #4 Baylor
  • #7 Texas Tech
  • #26 TCU
  • #34 Oklahoma State
  • #43 Iowa St.
  • #58 BYU
  • #61 K-State
  • #66 West Virginia
  • #101 Cincinnati
  • #104 UCF

Future SEC had

• #6 Kentucky
  • #9 Tennessee
  • #12 Auburn
  • #15 Texas
  • #18 Arkansas
  • #21 LSU
  • #28 Alabama
  • #33 Aggy
  • #49 Mississippi State
  • #59 Florida
  • #64 Vanderbilt
  • #99 South Carolina
  • #108 Mississippi
  • #137 Missouri
  • #219 Georgia

Future Big 12 still looks a good bit better.  Most of those teams have fans that are passionate about basketball.  Not so much in the SEC.

2 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Not from you. I haven't trued therapy. Did it work for you?

Nope. I’m still a condescending asshole no matter how many electroshock treatments they apply. So that part about you wouldn’t change.

But I thought it might help you not wet your bed at night when you think about sending our poor kids in to play Arkansas at Bud Walton Arena. PTSD is real. You have my sympathies, if not my hugs. 

51 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Regardless of what it was like in the past, the Big 12 is about to get a lot weaker IMO.  If you look at last year, the worst Big-12 team according to KenPom was West Virginia at #66.  And 7 /  10 were in the top-35 nationally.  There were zero games easy games. Was anyone remotely relaxed about playing WV or K-State, even at home?  And you had to play ALL the extremely good teams twice.

Now, they add much easier games against #58 BYU, #101 Cincinnati and #104 UCF. And because they will probably be in divisions, you may only have to play Kansas, Baylor, Houston or Tech only once.  

In the future SEC, it will be so much easier only having to face Kentucky or Tennessee or Arkansas once.

Future Big 12 had:

• #2 Houston
  • #3 Kansas
  • #4 Baylor
  • #7 Texas Tech
  • #26 TCU
  • #34 Oklahoma State
  • #43 Iowa St.
  • #58 BYU
  • #61 K-State
  • #66 West Virginia
  • #101 Cincinnati
  • #104 UCF

Future SEC had

• #6 Kentucky
  • #9 Tennessee
  • #12 Auburn
  • #15 Texas
  • #18 Arkansas
  • #21 LSU
  • #28 Alabama
  • #33 Aggy
  • #49 Mississippi State
  • #59 Florida
  • #64 Vanderbilt
  • #99 South Carolina
  • #108 Mississippi
  • #137 Missouri
  • #219 Georgia

Future Big 12 still looks a good bit better.  Most of those teams have fans that are passionate about basketball.  Not so much in the SEC.

#30 OU

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

Future Big 12 had:

• #2 Houston
  • #3 Kansas
  • #4 Baylor
  • #7 Texas Tech
  • #26 TCU
  • #34 Oklahoma State
  • #43 Iowa St.
  • #58 BYU
  • #61 K-State
  • #66 West Virginia
  • #101 Cincinnati
  • #104 UCF

Future SEC had

• #6 Kentucky
  • #9 Tennessee
  • #12 Auburn
  • #15 Texas
  • #18 Arkansas
  • #21 LSU
  • #28 Alabama
  • #33 Aggy
  • #49 Mississippi State
  • #59 Florida
  • #64 Vanderbilt
  • #99 South Carolina
  • #108 Mississippi
  • #137 Missouri
  • #219 Georgia

It’s brand will most definitely be weakened and will suffer because of the loss of its two most iconic teams. In terms of the best in the Big 12 being able to hold their own against the two mega conferences, I don’t see much changing there.

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

UT and OU BB were a value added to the B12, but mostly to the overall brand.

I don't understand the point you're making. Successful basketball programs don't need football revenue. They don't even need football teams. The "brand" of basketball conferences is largely independent of other sports. It's why there is a power basketball conference full of teams with dogshit football programs. 

Unless you're ranking brand strength - I thought the discussion was best teams. 

Just now, ztejas said:

I don't understand the point you're making. Successful basketball programs don't need football revenue. They don't even need football teams. The "brand" of basketball conferences is largely independent of other sports. It's why there is a power basketball conference full of teams with dogshit football programs. 

Well, that’s certainly one way of looking at it.

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Well, that’s certainly one way of looking at it.

What in the fuck are you talking about? I'm not sharing my opinions I'm stating facts. Do you follow college basketball? Are you aware that independent of Texas and Oklahoma the B12 has the two most recent national champions? Did you watch Villanova win 2 titles in 3 seasons? Or Butler and Gonzaga make multiple national championship games? 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What in the fuck are you talking about? I'm not sharing my opinions I'm stating facts. Do you follow college basketball? Are you aware that independent of Texas and Oklahoma the B12 has the two most recent national champions? Did you watch Villanova win 2 titles in 3 seasons? Or Butler and Gonzaga make multiple national championship games? 

Relax and stop taking yourself so seriously.

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

Homie you need to take two steps back, you've been ultra aggressive on the boards lately!

You're right, but chill lol

20 hours ago, HookEm said:

Most of those teams have fans that are passionate about basketball.  Not so much in the SEC.

This is very true. Some SEC fanbases even put college baseball on equal footing as basketball. 

You'll still get the casual fans to show up for teams like Alabama and Auburn when they're ranked in the top 10 but very few are dedicated enough to show up for Wednesday night against directional schools like in some other conferences. 

1 hour ago, Gohogs14 said:

This is very true. Some SEC fanbases even put college baseball on equal footing as basketball. 

You'll still get the casual fans to show up for teams like Alabama and Auburn when they're ranked in the top 10 but very few are dedicated enough to show up for Wednesday night against directional schools like in some other conferences. 

Arkansas even lost their way a bit when they were less competitive. 

But I remember telling all kinds of people who said that Kentucky has the only passionate basketball fanbase in the SEC that they're sleeping on the Razorbacks. And now that Musselman has it going on, you see the passion roaring back. 

Do you have any idea if the charity game between Texas and Arkansas is a quid pro quo deal?

Yes, it's quid pro quo in that most of the ticket money and concession sales will be sent to the two children's charities.  And then Brett Favre will steal most of that.  

But no, I don't think it'll take place next year.  We always do 2 or 3 closed exhibitions with marquee teams, but sounds like they opened this one up to us regulars to see how the Moody Center will function in basketball mode.  

"A Soft Opening for a Good Cause...the South Austin's Mom Classic"  (we're still workshopping it) 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Arkansas even lost their way a bit when they were less competitive. 

But I remember telling all kinds of people who said that Kentucky has the only passionate basketball fanbase in the SEC that they're sleeping on the Razorbacks. And now that Musselman has it going on, you see the passion roaring back. 

Do you have any idea if the charity game between Texas and Arkansas is a quid pro quo deal?

I was excited for the Hogs inclusion to the SEC due to their fanbase, the Nolan/Pitino clashes was fantastic basketball. 

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yes, it's quid pro quo in that most of the ticket money and concession sales will be sent to the two children's charities.  And then Brett Favre will steal most of that.  

But no, I don't think it'll take place next year.  We always do 2 or 3 closed exhibitions with marquee teams, but sounds like they opened this one up to us regulars to see how the Moody Center will function in basketball mode.  

"A Soft Opening for a Good Cause...the South Austin's Mom Classic"  (we're still workshopping it) 

this reminds me of a tpe or whoootex post. 😂