Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Nole-4-Life said:

JW Booth?

The meme specifically says "in a movie theater."  Was not aware that Ford Theater showed motion pictures in 1865, nor that even existed anywhere until about 30 years after that.  I thought it was some joke in poor taste about a movie theater mass shooting or something.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The meme specifically says "in a movie theater."  Was not aware that Ford Theater showed motion pictures in 1865, nor that even existed anywhere until about 30 years after that.  I thought it was some joke in poor taste about a movie theater mass shooting or something.  

Did you miss the thread title?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Good point. IT was a theater tho.

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Did you miss the thread title?

I don't think the person that created the meme intended for it to be dumb intentionally.  

7 minutes ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Good point. IT was a theater tho.

Yes, it was a theater but the word "movie" and the name "John Wilkes Booth" are typically seen anywhere in the same paragraph or line of thinking.  Before kids, wife and I used to go the theater often to see plays and performances (Paramount, Long Center, Zach Scott, etc.).  We'd refer to it as "going to the theater", "what time are we leaving for the theater", etc.  After kids, we both know "theater" now means   "which fucking theater we going to again.  No, that theater doesn't show Pixar movies that one.  Check your fucking email for the correct theater.

Call it the movies, the theater, the movie theater, even the multiplex.  But anybody refers to it, if even it's an arthouse like the Arbor, as "going to the cinema"...shoot that bitch in the back of the head.  

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I don't think the person that created the meme intended for it to be dumb intentionally.  

Yes, it was a theater but the word "movie" and the name "John Wilkes Booth" are typically seen anywhere in the same paragraph or line of thinking.  Before kids, wife and I used to go the theater often to see plays and performances (Paramount, Long Center, Zach Scott, etc.).  We'd refer to it as "going to the theater", "what time are we leaving for the theater", etc.  After kids, we both know "theater" now means   "which fucking theater we going to again.  No, that theater doesn't show Pixar movies that one.  Check your fucking email for the correct theater.

Call it the movies, the theater, the movie theater, even the multiplex.  But anybody refers to it, if even it's an arthouse like the Arbor, as "going to the cinema"...shoot that bitch in the back of the head.  

OK.

• Hook 'Em 1

I guess.  I just thought it was on here because it was done in poor taste given Reubens' recent death and my mind jumped to movie shootings as well. Guess it was just plain ole' dumbass shit on dumb social media.  No need for me to overthink it.  I didn't think I'd miss Pee-Wee Herman but here I am.  RIP dude.  

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Does sunshine ever miss you? 

• Like 1

True story, I drank quite a bit one Saturday night while I was home for the weekend in college. I went to church the following morning with my parents, but got sick and threw up an ascaris roundworm. I knew that was what it was because I had just disected one in my zoology class. I had spent the summer traveling in west Africa, but there were some estimates that the prevalence of them in the US is actually pretty high, so who knows where I picked it up. Anyhow, the math checks out.