Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

8 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Kids are allowed to drink beer in their parents company in Wisconsin, both publicly and privately. 

Wisconsin is one of the few states that would give my alcoholism more credence than Texas already does. 

3 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

Is it the same in Texas? We were in South Padre last weekend and my 16 year old swore that it was the law that he could drink with me. 

Yes, it's called the Parental Exception, been around forever. But it only applies in private residences. Doubtful he would get fined, but it's not legal on the beach.

I know this because when I waited tables/bartended, at least once a month we'd get some shithead father come in who assumed this rule applied everywhere and would demand that we serve his underage kid because he was buying. Usually ended with a manager visit.

1 hour ago, rage-a-holic said:

Yes, it's called the Parental Exception, been around forever. But it only applies in private residences. Doubtful he would get fined, but it's not legal on the beach.

I know this because when I waited tables/bartended, at least once a month we'd get some shithead father come in who assumed this rule applied everywhere and would demand that we serve his underage kid because he was buying. Usually ended with a manager visit.

I believe this is no longer correct per the following in Texas:

Possession is prohibited WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION(S):

• parent/guardian
  • OR spouse

Notes:
In Texas, a minor may possess an alcoholic beverage if the minor is in the visible presence of his adult parent, guardian, or spouse. Tex. Alco. Bev. Code Ann. § 106.05.

https://alcoholpolicy.niaaa.nih.gov/apis-policy-topics/possessionconsumptioninternal-possession-of-alcohol/42

51 minutes ago, ABSR said:

I believe this is no longer correct per the following in Texas:

Possession is prohibited WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION(S):

• parent/guardian
  • OR spouse

Notes:
In Texas, a minor may possess an alcoholic beverage if the minor is in the visible presence of his adult parent, guardian, or spouse. Tex. Alco. Bev. Code Ann. § 106.05.

https://alcoholpolicy.niaaa.nih.gov/apis-policy-topics/possessionconsumptioninternal-possession-of-alcohol/42

That may be true for the public portion, but restaurants/bars have their own rules. They can still be held liable if a minor gets drunk from the drinks purchased by the parent, so most restaurants/bars don't allow it. I only worked at one bar that allowed it, and that was only because the owner was skimming half the profits and didn't give a shit what we did as long as cash was coming in. (Shuck N Jive on Greenville/Lovers in Dallas).

Edited by rage-a-holic