Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

How can be full Slavic with an obviously North American electrical outlet next to him?  Shouldn't he be on a Type-C?  

See, this is why I only go to facebook for my family's medical advice and do my own Covid-19 research on there.  You do your home electrical wiring research on there and somebody could get ill.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, purplepride95 said:

269270478_456732229149961_83207695753080

Yeah, we were up with my wife's parents and sisters and the man of the house was out of town.  So they bought some T-Bones (pretty nice looking).  They were gonna broil them and I suggested, "Hey, it's not my grill...but I'd be happy to cook them on there if y'all want a nice flavor experience."  They finally agreed because they know I grill my steaks to medium rare, or medium depending on the cut.  But I know they go more well done, and I know this.  I grilled the fuck outta these things and managed not to char the outsides because they also don't like that.  I temped them at 170 as I pulled them off and reminded them that they'll still continue to cook for 5+ minutes on the plate.  Even at 170*, they asked that I cook them some more.  

I eventually took half a t-bone for myself at medium and then gave them 3.5 steaks at 180*, thankfully with no char marks.  I don't even know what's beyond Well Done, but they enjoyed those smoked leather wallets that evening.  I don't give a rat's ass how you like your steak, but at well done and above, there's no point in even buying it, let alone cooking it.  It's just a massive and expensive inconvenience at that point.  You're getting heart disease for no apparent reason other than you like chewing on beef jerky that's been microwaved for 20 minutes.  

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, we were up with my wife's parents and sisters and the man of the house was out of town.  So they bought some T-Bones (pretty nice looking).  They were gonna broil them and I suggested, "Hey, it's not my grill...but I'd be happy to cook them on there if y'all want a nice flavor experience."  They finally agreed because they know I grill my steaks to medium rare, or medium depending on the cut.  But I know they go more well done, and I know this.  I grilled the fuck outta these things and managed not to char the outsides because they also don't like that.  I temped them at 170 as I pulled them off and reminded them that they'll still continue to cook for 5+ minutes on the plate.  Even at 170*, they asked that I cook them some more.  

I eventually took half a t-bone for myself at medium and then gave them 3.5 steaks at 180*, thankfully with no char marks.  I don't even know what's beyond Well Done, but they enjoyed those smoked leather wallets that evening.  I don't give a rat's ass how you like your steak, but at well done and above, there's no point in even buying it, let alone cooking it.  It's just a massive and expensive inconvenience at that point.  You're getting heart disease for no apparent reason other than you like chewing on beef jerky that's been microwaved for 20 minutes.  

I will cook a steak however someone orders it.  Even though it pains me to cook past medium rare.

If someone orders it well done, I cook it to medium rare.  Put it on a plate and microwave it for 30 seconds on both sides.  Works well and the steak is not as tough.

Yeah, i was happy to do it in the end, and they loved it.  I just felt guilty since they sprung for the steaks this time (i usually do on my home turf).  I know they like their steaks tough as nails, but no crispy parts.  I just feel bad torching $75 of somebody else's money.  Let's be honest, if you want your steak cooked that much, USDA Prime/ Choice t-bones isn't the right play.  Either go select, or just get some sirloins and let's rock 'n roll.  

Edited by Lobo

44 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I will cook a steak however someone orders it.  Even though it pains me to cook past medium rare.

If someone orders it well done, I cook it to medium rare.  Put it on a plate and microwave it for 30 seconds on both sides.  Works well and the steak is not as tough.

I had the fortunate/unfortunate experience of smoking/grilling steaks for my bday a couple weeks back. 

Fortunate because of my steak, my son’s (both rare), and the one other guy that wanted a medium rare. I smoked these wonderful ribeyes to 120, then reverse seared them. With the searing, they were a little more well done than I prefer, more like a medium rare. But the slow cooking smoking, with the reverse sear, made them about the best steak I’ve ever had. 

Unfortunate because of the filets I cooked for the ladies. The three of them all wanted medium well to well done. So I had to butterfly those beautiful, expensive cuts, and cook them into oblivion. The ladies loved them, but it was a tragedy. 

22 minutes ago, nnm said:

I had the fortunate/unfortunate experience of smoking/grilling steaks for my bday a couple weeks back. 

Fortunate because of my steak, my son’s (both rare), and the one other guy that wanted a medium rare. I smoked these wonderful ribeyes to 120, then reverse seared them. With the searing, they were a little more well done than I prefer, more like a medium rare. But the slow cooking smoking, with the reverse sear, made them about the best steak I’ve ever had. 

Unfortunate because of the filets I cooked for the ladies. The three of them all wanted medium well to well done. So I had to butterfly those beautiful, expensive cuts, and cook them into oblivion. The ladies loved them, but it was a tragedy. 

In my youth I ate rare.

As I got older medium-rare.

In my 30's and beyond I become a medium guy.

One of the best steaks I've ever eaten was medium well-- though every time I ordered medium well after that it was horrendous so I am back to medium.

• Fuck You 2

55 minutes ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

In my youth I ate rare.

As I got older medium-rare.

In my 30's and beyond I become a medium guy.

One of the best steaks I've ever eaten was medium well-- though every time I ordered medium well after that it was horrendous so I am back to medium.

Negged.  This is some bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, nnm said:

You're a stronger man than I am. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

You're a stronger man than I am. 

I used to think this way in my 20s, now I’m 40 and I’m like toss the SILs steak in the microwave and nuke it till done so the rest of us can eat our steaks on time. You’ll never change those idiots opinions on steak so best to just deal with it and move on. This is actually a life lesson for a lot of things.

• Hook 'Em 1