Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

The Novosti article is a written confession.  If I was a prosecutor at the Hague in the genocide trial of russian leadership, it would be the opening exhibit.

"Here's what Russia intended to do, in its own words -- Exhibit 1."

Then....

"And here's how it put that plan into place - [Exhibits 2-5,000, showing massacre after massacre]"

It's a winnable case.

Russia must never be allowed to participate in the civilized world again.  Ever.  If Russians want a nice vacation, they can go to the lovely beaches of North Korea or some shit.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And what do you think that unpacking will show? Don’t be cryptic - you clearly have thoughts, share them.

We have been lied to about every single war that we have engaged in during both your and my life times.  I don't know what that unpacking will show, and neither do you.  But I do tend towards the observation that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.  

• Hook 'Em 1

We have been lied to about every single war that we have engaged in during both your and my life times.  I don't know what that unpacking will show, and neither do you.  But I do tend towards the observation that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.  

Correct. Thus, neither picture we get is entirely accurate, that’s a no-brainer.
However, one of those pictures is likely significantly more accurate, and less filed with lies, than the other. You know which one. After all, you just raised the “past behavior is the best predictor” rule.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Correct. Thus, neither picture we get is entirely accurate, that’s a no-brainer.
However, one of those pictures is likely significantly more accurate, and less filed with lies, than the other. You know which one. After all, you just raised the “past behavior is the best predictor” rule.

I think that the entire information space is flooded and that the russians need to get their ass kicked all the way back across the border and that they need to feel the pain.  I hope that all plays out before some battlefield tactical nukes get rolled out. I think that most of this could have been avoided. I think that there are parties uninterested in avoiding. So here we are. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You probably listened to Colin Powell and bought that shit hook line and sinker. 

In my defense, I wasn't tapped into US foreign relations the way you clearly are, because you are a special breed, with a vast array of truth-telling alt-media sources that none of the rest of us can leverage. 

Or, maybe, you're just full of shit, as usual.  (Connecting dots.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

In my defense, I wasn't tapped into US foreign relations the way you clearly are, because you are a special breed, with a vast array of truth-telling alt-media sources that none of the rest of us can leverage. 

Or, maybe, you're just full of shit, as usual.  (Connecting dots.)

Jimmy choked this shit down and liked it. Probably condescended to people that pushed back at the time. 

powellmobilelabsiraq.jpg

40 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is the same logic antivaxxers use.

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Who do you think the bigger liar here is Ukraine or Russia? Show your work

eta what do you think Ukrainian response would be if Russia pulled all troops out

Edited by Sawbonz

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

True , but this is one war we aren’t yet actually engaged in, and there’s not much ambiguity about whose lying about the causes, and propagation.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

True , but this is one war we aren’t yet actually yet engaged in, and there’s not much ambiguity about whose lying about the causes, and propagation.

I like all these "true, but" and "correct, thus" responses. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

another actual contribution to the thread

thank you

i will stop pointing these out if you keep it up

• Haha 1

No hate buddy. Self-reflection is a good thing. Especially when it comes to American foreign policy. Admittedly a rare thing, but still. 

Whoosh.

Even if I sort of agree with you.

Edited by Macanudo

No hate buddy. Self-reflection is a good thing. Especially when it comes to American foreign policy. Admittedly a rare thing, but still. 

Walk me through how United States foreign policy forced the leader of one sovereign state to unilaterally invade its sovereign neighbor

• Hook 'Em 1

You question is a red herring. 

Weak.

This is a thread about the current war in Ukraine. A war on the ground between Russia and Ukraine. The question is not a red herring, it is a direct and relevant question.

You want links to all the examples of your refusal to actually discuss things? Here's one:

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/24249-ukraine-war/&do=findComment&comment=4206541

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

how would we know?  98% of your posts don't have an opinion

It is funny because other than crazy WTC shit none of your posts on this sub have ever stuck me as something to pay attention to. You literally only get attention for being a lunatic. 

How can the greatest country ever be guilty of some of the things y'all are accusing it of?  Just given the ops and dates of what some y'all are spouting off about, many of these heinous crimes against humanity pre-date Joe Biden.  So how do we marry that with your "you think we're so innocent" mantra?  

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Non responsive 

I commented on the long and well established history of dishonesty at the intersection of our government/media/military apparatus when it comes to the war drums.  Here we are again.

"What about Russia!" "What about Ukraine!" 

Jesus Christ guys. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

I commented on the long and well established history of dishonesty at the intersection of our government/media/military apparatus when it comes to the war drums.  Here we are again.

Jesus Christ guys. 

But seriously, this thread is about Russia invading Ukraine.   Has the US invaded Mexico or Canada in the last 100 years that I am not aware of?  I mean outside of junior Karens, Chads and Ted Cruz showing up in Cancun?

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Jesus Christ guys. 

Non responsive 

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

But seriously, this thread is about Russia invading Ukraine.

Russia deserves to and hopefully gets their shit pushed in without triggering WWIII.

Ostriching the position that America holds in the world, and thus honest reflection on our own role in where things stand today is lazy, imo. Typical.  But lazy. We have an exceedingly short attention span. We'll do this shit over and over and over again until we don't.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Ostriching the position that America holds in the world, and thus honest reflection on our own role in where things stand today is lazy, imo. Typical.  But lazy. We have an exceedingly short attention span. We'll do this shit over and over and over again until we don't.

What exactly are we doing that you would have us not do, specifically, with regard to Russia & Ukraine?  Bonus points for avoiding the verbification of random nouns.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What exactly are we doing that you would have us not do

Profiteering off death and destruction throughout the world under guise of spreading freedom and democracy while we prop up dictators and authoritarians. 

• Fuck You 1