False report of delinquent account - should I sue?

My idiot credit union has now made two false reports of me having a delinquent account with them.

I've called them and they have no idea where the report is coming from. They sent a report of good standing but one month later I got another delinquent notice from transunion.

I've filed a dispute. Should that be enough or is it lawyer time? This bullshit has already dropped my credit score over 100 points.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

My idiot credit union has now made two false reports of me having a delinquent account with them.

I've called them and they have no idea where the report is coming from. They sent a report of good standing but one month later I got another delinquent notice from transunion.

I've filed a dispute. Should that be enough or is it lawyer time? This bullshit has already dropped my credit score over 100 points.

File the dispute and send TU the letter from your CU.  That should clear it up.

• Hook 'Em 2

Had this happen with a mortgage a while back. Total pita.

Got it solved but I was absolutely about to sue them in small claims court. And file a complaint with their state AG.

Both of those are things that will get attention from higher ups.

You don’t want to be a sub 700

• Like 1

Any surly law dogs want to take the case?

My understanding is this is why small claims court is good. No lawyers allowed and it will force them to have to respond just like any lawsuit.

You aren’t trying to win any damages but just to get them to pay attention to your issue. B law prof in grad school claimed this was a great way to get whoever company to take notice.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Also bs. You still have a credit score whether you have debt or not. And you don’t want a low one. So pay your bills smart guy.

I never claimed my credit score doesn’t exist. I’m sure it does. I’m sure it’s excellent. It can be zero for all I care though. I have no debts and don’t envision ever needing to go into debt.

We agree on “don’t be a deadbeat” and “honor your obligations” and “pay your bills’’.

Bernard

• Hook 'Em 1