Dallas Kimball basketball player arrested after bringing gun to State Finals

Helobious

Kid had it in his athletic bag, it discharged while bag was being moved and hit a student trainer in the ankle. The player was arrested on 2nd degree felony charges, being held on $40,000 bond. He was committed to West Texas A&M to play football. Kimball is the favorite to win the 5A championship this weekend in SA. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/basketball/2022/03/10/kimball-basketball-player-arrested-in-san-antonio-after-accidental-shooting/

Dumb dumb dumb, but then there is this

Westlake lost to McKinney in state semifinal tonight in hoops in double OT.  Westlake was up by 1 with 1.5 seconds left.  Mckinney was inbounding ball in their own backcourt.  Kid Westlake put in to guard the inbound pass was apparently wearing the wrong jersey number.  Tech foul.  McKinney hits 1 of 2 to send to OT and goes on to win on a steal/dunk at buzzer of second OT.

That's pretty dumb for a smart school

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Dumb dumb dumb, but then there is this

Westlake lost to McKinney in state semifinal tonight in hoops in double OT.  Westlake was up by 1 with 1.5 seconds left.  Mckinney was inbounding ball in their own backcourt.  Kid Westlake put in to guard the inbound pass was apparently wearing the wrong jersey number.  Tech foul.  McKinney hits 1 of 2 to send to OT and goes on to win on a steal/dunk at buzzer of second OT.

That's pretty dumb for a smart school

Yeah gonna go with Kimball dude keepin it real being dumber than Westlake. 

10 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Yeah gonna go with Kimball dude keepin it real being dumber than Westlake. 

If you look at it from a "gross dumb (D)" standpoint yea probably right. 

If you look at it from a "dumb (D) to expected dumb (xD)" a hooper from a more "inner city school" carrying a gun has a lot lower net dumb than coaches at a 6A Texas sports powerhouse who are expected to win blowing it on of all things a dumb jersey mistake.  So the coaches converted on a much lower dumb probability than the kid.

7 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

That's why when I was in high school when I brought my piece to a debate tournament, I didn't keep one in the chamber. Maybe those TOC bigshots do, but my goal was just a mundane TFL qual.

so, not a stoner or an inline skater, eh?

@shank:

SING IT, MUTHAFUCKA

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2022 at 8:55 PM, Ignatius Reilly said:

the student was probably defending himself there are lots of reasons to have a gun. What if he had a Gang chasing him

Aren’t there laws in place to not allow guns at public sporting events?  Why would he need a gun there?

21 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Aren’t there laws in place to not allow guns at public sporting events?  Why would he need a gun there?

Same reason I need a gun at Wal-Mart.  To stop bad people from doing mass shootings.  Shooting up a sporting event is an easy target if nobody there is armed.

We can wait for the Facts to come out. it is probably harder to play basketball with a gun on your leg. because it is heavy

3 minutes ago, Balcones said:

If he would have had it holstered on his body instead of loosely hiding it in a bag, some guy may still have his ankle.  

He is retarded for how he treats a loaded weapon, but he also is a product of our society thoughts on guns.

49 minutes ago, Ignatius Reilly said:

We can wait for the Facts to come out. it is probably harder to play basketball with a gun on your leg. because it is heavy

As opposed to carrying a duffle bag up and down the court?

The news story said the gun was in his bag.