Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

McGuire hasn't been all that sharp lately.  He's gotten the job done, but I would have left PJR in.

I never would’ve put PJR in the 8th. 

Raise your hand if four months ago you thought we'd win the Big 12 and go to a Super.

Put your hand down, lying ass.

Serious question: is David Pierce the best coach in the country?  We lost ELEVEN guys to the draft and got better?  How the hell is that even possible?

I love this team.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Serious question: is David Pierce the best coach in the country?  We lost ELEVEN guys to the draft and got better?  How the hell is that even possible?

Let's wait until we get to Omaha under his watch, first.

But he's done a helluva job this season.

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

SIAP:

@KendallRogers 
BREAKING: Sources have informed me that @TCU_Baseball head coach Jim Schlossnagle has pulled his name out of the @HailStateBB job and will remain at #TCU. That’s huge news for the #Frogs on the eve of the draft.

Mentioned during the game.

Goddamn that was a panic-inducing last couple innings. That ump fucking sucked but I'm glad he sucked both ways. I'm not even really a baseball guy and I could tell his zone was fucked the entire night. 

Kody Clemens is a monster and Zubia came up big with that dinger. Shugart came out and whipped his cock out LBJ-style and told IU what was what

IU played fucking tough though, their throwaway starter was goddamn amazing for the first 5 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

That’s Greenspoint, pretty much his thing. 

The blues absolutely nailed that call on the foul ball though. 

Did they? If an outfielder touches a ball in the air in foul territory, and causes it to drop into fair territory, isn't it considered a fair ball?

If so, we caught a break. They could have scored two runs on that "single" Hook 'em.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Wish we could’ve beaten aggys a 2nd time. That’s my only complaint.

Would have been fun, but I also like that we got to play, and beat, every other team in the regional.  That doesn't always happen, obviously.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Did they? If an outfielder touches a ball in the air in foul territory, and causes it to drop into fair territory, isn't it considered a fair ball?

If so, we caught a break. They could have scored two runs on that "single"

Jesus christ, you don’t flip a foul ball fair. Come on, man. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If so, we caught a break. They could have scored two runs on that "single" Hook 'em.

That’s about 1000 miles from a real rule. 

2 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Why yes, yes I can. Keep reading, just like I said. 

What?  Is this the complete rule or isn't it?

“In establishing the validity of the catch, the fielder shall demonstrate complete control of the ball and that the release of the ball is voluntary and intentional. Only two circumstances may be interpreted as creating a voluntary and intentional release.
1)    When the momentum of the catch is complete; i.e., the fielder has reversed his direction and is running the ball back toward the infield or;
2)    When the fielder is reaching for the ball to make a throw.”

4 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Whah?