Texas A&M @ Texas Game Thread

Cairn Horn88

7 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Because he pitched last year.  He is acting like he has over powering stuff this this year. He is walking people or getting his shit packed. He isn’t over powering.

I don't follow your logic here. Do you think he is injured or something? Why would pitching well last year mean he can't this year?

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It would certainly make me feel better but I have a feeling there has already been plenty of that this year.

yep. yelling at them ain't gonna work. they suck and don't have good stuff.  recruiting better would help.  Witt was the jenga piece you couldn't afford to pull.  

Did you play baseball at 5 or 6A high school? Did you play in college?  What I am saying is that Nixon doesn’t have overpowering stuff. That requires him to locate.  When he doesn’t locate he gets ripped because he isn’t overpowering. When he over throws he also walks people. Then the people he walks get driven in.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude got gifted 2 strikes but who gives a shit. We really don't deserve to win any of these games giving up double digit runs. 

Deserving has nothing to do with it. We got Dylan on, EK and the top of the order coming up we might have had a chance.

But hey. It's over. On to the next series.

Just now, Cousin Strawberry said:

Did you play baseball at 5 or 6A high school? Did you play in college?  What I am saying is that Nixon doesn’t have overpowering stuff. That requires him to locate.  When he doesn’t locate he gets ripped because he isn’t overpowering. When he over throws he also walks people. Then the people he walks get driven in.

Yes I did and you’re terrible at explaining what you mean then. 

Forget it Jake, It's Chinatown.

2 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Pretty much. His slider has always been his out pitch.  Last year he was painting the edges with his fastball to get ahead.  He can’t do that this year.

the bigger problem is we don’t have a setup guy at all and the long relief is average.   

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Ok so last year he was locating really well and that was why he was good? So why can't start locating again? What happened between now and then?

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Deserving has nothing to do with it. We got Dylan on, EK and the top of the order coming up we might have had a chance.

But hey. It's over. On to the next series.

What I mean is if we want to win we need to pitch better. College umps make shitty calls all the time and sometimes your bats are just unlucky. Both of those were true tonight and Texas still wins if we hold them to 8 runs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Pretty much. His slider has always been his out pitch.  Last year he was painting the edges with his fastball to get ahead.  He can’t do that this year. 

Ah ok. So could he get that working again? And if not, why not?

• Hook 'Em 1

Tell me you have never played college baseball without telling me you never played college baseball.

Sorry Brooks Kieschnick. Didn't realize you posted on here. Go ahead and keep your secrets. If Nixon is going to forever suck from now on then that sucks. But who is the answer then? Anybody else in there has some potential?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Tell me you have never played college baseball without telling me you never played college baseball.

lol this is the 4th or 5th post where you've made sure to let us all know you played college baseball.

Are you Cousin Strawberry or Uncle Rico?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Sorry Brooks Kieschnick. Didn't realize you posted on here. Go ahead and keep your secrets. If Nixon is going to forever suck from now on then that sucks. But who is the answer then? Anybody else in there has some potential?

No one is saying they are Brooks.  I am telling you that a closer that can’t throw 2 pitches for strikes is fucking worthless. You think Pierce is praising Nixon tonight?

• Hook 'Em 1

It will be an interesting close to the season. This lineup has as much potential as any I’ve seen here.

it does seem as though the arms are live enough.  Who knows whether they’ll come around.  If Hansen and Stevens play to their potential, then we have a shot especially if Gordon keeps it going.

Better clutch hitting last Friday and probably tonight has us two more wins.  Tonight in the first several innings we had five guys reach base with no outs but only scored twice (after EK already scored). Obviously better pitching tonight gets a win too.  As far as tonight goes, it’s frustrating but it’s also a Tuesday game which is considerably different than a weekend series.

The bullpen guys are competing for innings.  Do the job or sit.  We have a number of guys to compete for the 3-4 spots needed. It can be done.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Anybody remember when Kelly Wunsch drilled Kieschnick in the back in Sunday's game three back in '93?

Kieschnick threw is bat along the ground, caused all the actual dirt on the astroturf to blow up into a huge cloud, everybody in both dugouts moved to the upper step, it went deathly silent in the stadium.  Kieschnick got to 2nd base, don't remember how, and kept berating Wunsch to the point that Gus came out of the dugout and did the "Gus Stroll"  (forward leaning, hands in back pockets, tortoise slow) all the way to second to let Brooks know to calm down.  Dugouts never emptied but it was a tension filled inning.  Totally fun, especially for my drunk ass sitting on a school bus outside the right field wall.  

Wunsch was 6-6 220 or so, so I assumed he was giving Brooks back everything he was getting, but the following season at Olsen I was sitting behind his parents and I asked them what was the back-and-forth, and they told me Kelly told them, "He kept cussing at me and I kept telling him I'm wild as hell, I can't help it. Sorry!"

LOL

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Sooo, yes we could of done plenty different during the game but curious as to the home plate umpiring….from my vantage just down first base line, was it as bad on TV vs. being at the game? Seems as if the home plate calls were shit the whole game. emoji2371.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He made some bad ones. He also stopped giving the inside half against lefties about halfway through the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

That fucking pyle of shit didn’t call a high strike all night and then he wants to end the game on that? Fuck that umpire 

Thats what was ass. He was consistently calling anything near the letters a ball. That last one was armpits and inside 

Edited by hobbes2702

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Someone should go back and find the comments after the loss in college station last year. I believe we ripped off like 12 wins in a row after that game.

I like your angle, but this is not that team.  This team isn’t even in the same area code.

Not with our pen.

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Thats what was ass. He was consistently call anything near the letters a ball. That last one was armpits and inside 

I thought he missed strike three earlier in the at-bat but who knows. What *is* known is that Dougie is a brutally bad umpire.