Texas A&M @ Texas Game Thread

Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

did everyone think the staff that got rolled by UCLA, Souf Carolina, College of Charleston and Texas State, was gonna come out and beat aggy?  this staff with Witt was pretty good.  without him they are the definition of average.  we'll do well to host a regional and win that.  will be considered a success given 80% of our staff can't throw strikes and is generally 88-90 mile an hour meat.

Average is about right currently. Woof 

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

This fucking team.

Wake me up when they win 10 out of 12.

Until then, they deserve every bit of shitrain being dumped on them. To date, they’re a bunch of insufferable pussies.

What the hell are you talking about man? Look our pitching staff sucks, it doesn't mean they are terrible human beings or moral failures somehow.

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

This fucking team.

Wake me up when they win 10 out of 12.

Until then, they deserve every bit of shitrain being dumped on them. To date, they’re a bunch of insufferable pussies.

Talk about being an insufferable pussy.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Average is about right currently. Woof 

its hilarious we don't have anyone that can throw faster than 92.  everyone was all gung ho when some of us were calling out some of the BS early.  now the calls will be just be patient.  

We have a DH batting 9th and have no 3rd starter and maybe 2 decent guys in the pen. it's a shitshow but the big 12 is bad enough we could host a regional so I'm all in on that.  maybe our lineup can go all LSU 90's gorilla ball for us for a season.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

did everyone think the staff that got rolled by UCLA, Souf Carolina, College of Charleston and Texas State, was gonna come out and beat aggy?  this staff with Witt was pretty good.  without him they are the definition of average.  we'll do well to host a regional and win that.  will be considered a success given 80% of our staff can't throw strikes and is generally 88-90 mile an hour meat.

You say losing to a shitty Aggie team and others then follow it with we’ll host a regional. Hosting a regional with this staff would be a miracle at this point. Calling the staff average is very  generous imo considering we suck at first pitch strikes and finishing up clean innings.  I think we’ve got the bats and defense for a 2 seed at the moment tho. 

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Seriously though in regards to our pitching staff, is skip still at OU because if not we should be on the phone with him.

Wow didn’t realize he got the big job there now. 

He’s probably going to be fired.  They’ve sucked since he got there.  But I’m not sure if coming back is in the cards.  Too early to worry about 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

its hilarious we don't have anyone that can throw faster than 92.  everyone was all gung ho when some of us were calling out some of the BS early.  now the calls will be just be patient.  

We have a DH batting 9th and have no 3rd starter and maybe 2 decent guys in the pen. it's a shitshow but the big 12 is bad enough we could host a regional so I'm all in on that.  maybe our lineup can go all LSU 90's gorilla ball for us for a season.

Wut? Southard hits upper 90s, Zane hit 92 multiple times tonight. Stehle hits 93 at times also. 

7 minutes ago, chase25 said:

This is on Pierce and Allen. The whole pitching staff should not go to shit because one guy goes down for the season. Don’t get to watch enough of the games because of work but there is way more to it than every guy on our pitching staff all of a sudden forgot how to pitch

Absolutely. At the end of the day the buck always stops with them. 

Just now, DoneWithit said:

You say losing to a shitty Aggie team and others then follow it with we’ll host a regional. Hosting a regional with this staff would be a miracle at this point. Calling the staff average is very  generous imo considering we suck at first pitch strikes and finishing up clean innings.  I think we’ve got the bats and defense for a 2 seed at the moment tho. 

the big 12 is that bad.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

He’s probably going to be fired.  They’ve sucked since he got there.  But I’m not sure if coming back is in the cards.  Too early to worry about 

Pierce is loyal to his guys, always has been. He will sink or swim with them.

We would need some other school to hire one of them away before something like bringing Skip back happens.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Pierce is loyal to his guys, always has been. He will sink or swim with them.

We would need some other school to hire one of them away before something like bringing Skip back happens.

I meant it more jokingly but I thought there was something between Pierce and Skip? Or maybe it’s just that Skip was salty about not getting the job after Augie? 

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the big 12 is that bad.

It’s definitely top heavy but taking care of TCU or okie st seems tough right now. The way the bullpen has played its almost likely they’re gonna goof a series we have no business losing. 

Edited by DoneWithit