2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I have been going to Astros games since the early 80s. (I know that this is difficult to believe, as your idea of “typical Astros fans” are those who began following the club in 2015.)

I can honestly say I’ve never once, not a single time, witnessed a “stadium-wide” - or even section-wide - chant that included “fuck you ______.”

Started watching the Colt .45's in 1962 and have followed the franchise since that time.  I've never seen anything remotely resembling NY's crowd behavior toward Altuve directed at an opposing player by Houston fans.  Asked my buds who are as old as I am (or older) if they'd ever seen any similar behavior and they thought I'd lost my mind (well, I am an old).  Too many NY fans lack the simple grace and courtesy we take for granted in this part of the US of A.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Since it looks like Yordan won’t play today, let’s recap his June. .418/.510/.835, 9 HR, 28 RBI. He’s a lock for player of the month. 

And all of that in only 22 games started (plus 1 PH appearance)

Edited by UTexasFight

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

has it been discussed why they decided to not throw cole tonight?  this would be his regular rest and they didn't have any days off.

guess they wanted to save him for cleveland.  i get it.

I heard somewhere it was because of 20 games without a day off coming up.  They're going to a 6-man for extra rest.

I heard somewhere it was because of 20 games without a day off coming up.  They're going to a 6-man for extra rest.
Yeah so their last off day was June 13 so they did modified 6 man.

Went 6 man, dropped back to 5 man one rotation through, then now back to 6 man til their next off day on the 4th

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yeah so their last off day was June 13 so they did modified 6 man.

Went 6 man, dropped back to 5 man one rotation through, then now back to 6 man til their next off day on the 4th

I’m pretty sure that JV pitches every 5th day no matter what and that works for me.

6 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I have been going to Astros games since the early 80s. (I know that this is difficult to believe, as your idea of “typical Astros fans” are those who began following the club in 2015.)

I can honestly say I’ve never once, not a single time, witnessed a “stadium-wide” - or even section-wide - chant that included “fuck you ______.”

So it probably isn’t “laughable” to expect that that won’t happen. What’s laughable is the extent to which Altuve has gotten under the skin of Yankee fans.

Yep, for Astros fans.

But let's not talk about Oilers fans in the final years....

Edited by clapclapclap