2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Seems like half our bullpen is unpitchable right now.

Brown is just destroying AAA right now. He should absolutely be up with a serious audition for the playoffs. You see guys come up all the time late season with big power arms and have an October impact. You aren’t wrong- it’s getting dicey in a hurry. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Brown is just destroying AAA right now. He should absolutely be up with a serious audition for the playoffs. You see guys come up all the time late season with big power arms and have an October impact. You aren’t wrong- it’s getting dicey in a hurry. 

he’ll be up in September 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Haha 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

he’ll be up in September 

The way I heard Click talk in July it sure does seem like he will be.  
Then September should be a month long audition between Stanek, Neris, Brown and Abreu for who gets leverage spots 2 and 3 behind Presley. 
Smith no way should he be on the roster. Maton not rostered if Brown is good, last guy in the pen if Brown isn’t good for the playoffs. 

I’m not reading back to see if this sentiment has been mentioned already, but one thing I loved about the Altuve/Springer/Correa trio was that they seemed capable of ignoring the Astros legacy of futility, one of the prime examples of which is a total inability to hit against a starter the first time they see him.  

I feel like tonight’s current tie is what happens when 2/3rd of them are gone.  It’s not logical, it’s the baseball gods and I blame it on our failure to re-sign Nolan.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

I read that Yordan’s issue was the fireworks smoke after Riley’s HR.  If that’s the case send him to the plate.

If that’s the case it would be the first time we’d see pre-emptive fireworks before a HR by a visiting player 

but yes, it was reported the smoke was messing with him 

Edited by UTexasFight