2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I can’t comprehend how Correa has less WAR than Pena

Correa is 70 points higher (more or less) in OPS, he was the platinum glove winner last year and Peña leads the world in errors. Not sure I’m completely and totally buying. 
I badly wanted Correa back. He was my favorite Astro, non-Altuve division. I’ve given up the idea he will be a super star now. Just looks like all star caliber player and not MVP caliber player. If you aren’t going to be MvP caliber then the difference between him and Peña on the field doesn’t match the 34 million in salary so I’ve made my peace with that. 
Just feels like Peña is going to cost us a playoff game with rookie nerves/inability to hit a slider. Just hope he wins us one as well somewhere. 

I can’t comprehend how Correa has less WAR than Pena
Correa is 70 points higher (more or less) in OPS, he was the platinum glove winner last year and Peña leads the world in errors. Not sure I’m completely and totally buying. 
I badly wanted Correa back. He was my favorite Astro, non-Altuve division. I’ve given up the idea he will be a super star now. Just looks like all star caliber player and not MVP caliber player. If you aren’t going to be MvP caliber then the difference between him and Peña on the field doesn’t match the 34 million in salary so I’ve made my peace with that. 
Just feels like Peña is going to cost us a playoff game with rookie nerves/inability to hit a slider. Just hope he wins us one as well somewhere. 

I agree with this. And I’m not saying I would rather have Correa, but I guess it’s just all the butt humping of Peña earlier in the year and trashing of Correa from Astros twitter. Correa was an essential part of where we are, and I will always thankful to him.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I know. And that’s what I’m alluding to that I don’t understand. Peña has a noodle of an arm compared to Carlos (who is God level at SS) and makes a bunch of errors while having a significantly lower OPS. He’s not swiping bags left and right. He must be taking a ton of bases throughout the course of the game and have ridiculous range or something?  I don’t know what else it could be that explains it.  
sorry- thought that was the overall fangraphs that I’d just been looking at and not just defense. Most of the stuff still applies- must just be a huge range advantage. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Can the new guy play OF?

Is this accurate? 

Combined reply feature is ass.

He’s a utility guy I know but all over the IF primarily I believe.  Who knows. 
yeah- I think Abreu has been really good lately. I honestly think we might ought to consider moving him up to leverage spot 2 or 3. 

That was a great AB by Meyers. 12 pitches and he stung the line drive. Too bad it was right at him. 

34 ribeyes for Yuli he hit most of the season in 5 or 6 spot and has played almost every game is just inconceivably bad. Satanic level 666 OPS. When Yordan and Diaz come back he just Can’t play in the post season as a regular. I believe he could have a huge Ph somewhere along the way where he wins a game for us in the playoffs ala Beltran in Boston in 2017. 

Just now, UTexasFight said:

I have a feeling their 9, 1, 2 won’t go 1,2,3 like ours just  did 

Montero went from automatic to close your eyes and worry in the span of a week and a half. This is a big outing for him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Walking the first batter is no bueno

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

34 ribeyes for Yuli he hit most of the season in 5 or 6 spot and has played almost every game is just inconceivably bad. Satanic level 666 OPS. When Yordan and Diaz come back he just Can’t play in the post season as a regular. I believe he could have a huge Ph somewhere along the way where he wins a game for us in the playoffs ala Beltran in Boston in 2017. 

Montero went from automatic to close your eyes and worry in the span of a week and a half. This is a big outing for him. 

So far, not so good