2018 Rockets Offseason Thread - LeBron or bust

Chapo

I feel like we are about to overpay for capella but not sure what choice we have.
weird as shit that ariza signs with the suns. He’s looking for that payday and not wins I guess.
curious who we go after and knowing morey I know we will see a trade soon. Gonna be a wild week.
He was the only interior player worth playing. It's not overpaying. When he didn't play, the team was neutralized.... even with two max guys. The Rockets have said he's one of the most valuable guys. That was either smoke or truth. If it's true, is not overpaying.

If Kawhi gets shipped somewhere other than LA it sure seems like a sign & trade to Houston is his best bet unless he really did take Shaq's advice to heart and magically doesn't GAF about rings.
San Antonio isn't going to trade him in division.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Ariza has his ring. Can't blame him for chasing a little more money.

It's interesting because he took a 1 year deal.  He's 33, at any time his health or athleticism could drop  off a cliff.  I would have thought he look for a longer contract even if it had a lower per-year salary.   

Ariza shot 29% from 3 in the playoffs, and that’s rounding up. 0-9 in the most important Rockets game in 20 years.  I’m not sad to see him go. Go and get someone who can make fucking wide open 3’s in the playoffs. I think Morey can improve the roster.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

Ariza shot 29% from 3 in the playoffs, and that’s rounding up. 0-9 in the most important Rockets game in 20 years.  I’m not sad to see him go. Go and get someone who can make fucking wide open 3’s in the playoffs. I think Morey can improve the roster.

You're right. I'm sure the Rockets didn't want to keep him.

17 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I think his biggest strengths are his defense, 3-point shot, and athleticism on the wing.

Yeah sure, should have said under rated strength. Nonetheless, he noticeably declined last year.

Morey said Rockets have "new math", ppl thought that meant he had a blank check from Fertitta. Maybe 15m for Ariza was too much or he has something else under his sleeves (hopefully it is not MCW).

Just now, Chapo said:

Yeah sure, should have said under rated strength. Nonetheless, he noticeably declined last year.

Morey said Rockets have "new math", ppl thought that meant he had a blank check from Fertitta. Maybe 15m for Ariza was too much or he has something else under his sleeves (hopefully it is not MCW).

Of course. You can lose a good player and it still be the right decision because of payroll. 

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Trust in Morey?

I mean I’m sure he will try but what is even available? Even if we traded for that rumor of Wilson chandler which would be awesome still wouldn’t even move the needle. We have nothing to really spend so we? Trade Anderson for what? This sucks. 

Does a guy like fertita block morey of a trade or signing doesn’t move the needle? Why would you want to pay a shit load in luxury tax now when there is clearly no shot at all. We are worse without ariza and nothing on the horizon that even gets us close to competing with the warriors. 

2 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

honest question -- 

how is Ariza worth $15mil/yr and Gerald Green only $2.4mil/yr ?

Green is a energy guy that fits perfect for this offense but I wouldn’t trust him in a starting role. Plus he plays horrid defense. He was a great compliment to ariza. 

honest question -- 
how is Ariza worth $15mil/yr and Gerald Green only $2.4mil/yr ?
Gerald Green was on his couch in December, about to retire.
Trevor Ariza was starting at SF for the #1 team in the nba, and guarding the opposing team's best wing every night.

I like Gerald Green... he's not even close to Trevor Ariza in terms of nba value.

Welp, BUST it is then. Our main free agent addition is gonna be Nunnally? FML.

Only chance now if enough players gets pissed off (reports state that they are), say screw the verbals, reneged on offers and we get chaos.

11 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I mean I’m sure he will try but what is even available? Even if we traded for that rumor of Wilson chandler which would be awesome still wouldn’t even move the needle. We have nothing to really spend so we? Trade Anderson for what? This sucks. 

That was sarcasm on my end. Morey made a terrible move signing Ryan Anderson and that's going to haunt until the contract is up. I fear he's done the same with CP3 because 4 years at max is too much.