2018 Rockets Offseason Thread - LeBron or bust

Chapo

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I think Capela is going to end up signing a relatively cheap, 1 year qualifying offer with the Rockets then go full unrestricted FA next year when there’s more money available.

that's not a good outcome for the rockets imo.  you want to come out of this summer with capela locked up for the next several years.  letting him hit UFA next summer is an extremely risky move.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Moute was a big, big loss.  

Ariza was a bigger loss than luc. Luc made no contributions during the playoffs but healthy I believe he would have helped a lot. Losing both of these guys is a massive step backwards. And if we are thinking melo is a priority then im

giving money a F.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So we think Carmelo and green are better options than ariza and luc? I guess focusing on defense was a one hit wonder haha.

When you miss a thousand three pointers in a row in the biggest game for your franchise in 20 years and your coach is an offensive genius, apparently yes. 

I think the "new math" plan got canned as soon as Ariza got Phx offer. 

Not sure what the plan is now and sure as hell dont understand the Melo fascination. 

There doesn't seem to be a way to improve on last years roster now, shit we are not even running it back to the same level.

Melo and Ennis are very likely. The Rockets are a well run organization. Ariza is not worth $15M, and my bet is the medicals on Luc are not encouraging. Plus, Morey consistently finds guys in the 2nd round that contribute. They don't spend millions to move to take Edwards if their computer didn't say this guy is worth drafting, not too mention Gary Clark's game is very Luc like as well.

There are still plenty of wings remaining including Ellington and Graham.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Melo and Ennis are very likely. The Rockets are a well run organization. Ariza is not worth $15M, and my bet is the medicals on Luc are not encouraging. Plus, Morey consistently finds guys in the 2nd round that contribute. They don't spend millions to move to take Edwards if their computer didn't say this guy is worth drafting, not too mention Gary Clark's game is very Luc like as well.

Luc also had two decent stretches where he was injured and he didn’t recover from the second at all for the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Serious question from an outsider: why the fuck are the Rockets pursuing Melo? Who in their right mind would want that lollygagging cancer on their team?

sort of agree with this. Melo destroys the offensive flow with completely selfish ball. He thinks he's 10 years younger but the body doesn't respond. 

• Like 1

again, summer league, but there was a lot to like tonight:

• melton: 26 points, 9/16 FG, 5/10 from 3, 10 rebounds, 5 assists
  • zhou qi: 12 points on 4/6 shooting, 8 boards, 5 blocks
  • vincent edwards: 20 points, 8/12 FG, 2/4 from 3, 8 boards

i'd really like to see qi get more NBA minutes this year and see if he can do anything.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-nba-free-agency-rumors-clint-capela-wants-a-contract-worth-100m-rockets-initially-offered-far-less/

Sources told ESPN that the Rockets' initial offer to Capela was in the four-year, $60 million range, with the blossoming star center seeking a deal similar to Oklahoma City Thunder big man Steven Adams' four-year, $100 million contract.  

I can definitely see why he felt he was "undervalued" now.

Edited by Viper

sort of agree with this. Melo destroys the offensive flow with completely selfish ball. He thinks he's 10 years younger but the body doesn't respond. 
he won't even get the ball until 4 secs left., so this issue doesn't exist with the rockets.

10 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

what will this team look like in 3 years with an old CP3 with a massive contract and only Cap, Harden while the other dudes age /decay/ go away. Houston might be a sub 500 team in 3 years.

Yea because we can't make moves over the next 3 years. What we have now is what we have for the next 3 years. 

10 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

what will this team look like in 3 years with an old CP3 with a massive contract and only Cap, Harden while the other dudes age /decay/ go away. Houston might be a sub 500 team in 3 years.

3 years from now? Do you realize how unpredictable the NBA is 3 years from now? Rockets have had 3 sub 500 years in the last 35 years. But your gonna tell they might do it in 3 more years? SMH

4 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

the big 3 contracts will be close to $90 mil+ right? Add a old CP3 and a not so fresh Harden and what do you have to work with?

Whatever Morey has added to the roster, he's kinda good at drafting late 1st rounders and 2nd rounders that get huge contracts on other teams. Right now I would say that Melton is looking like the 1st rounder everyone thought he could be. Duval looks pretty good as well, and is only 19.