EPL 2018-19

Goo Punch

20 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

We have a +8 goal differential over Arsenal. We’re effectively in regardless of Sunday’s results.

Anyone else would be effectively in.  But since it's Spurs, there's a real chance they lose 5-0 and Arsenal wins 4-0.  

On 2/28/2019 at 9:32 AM, MoJames said:

Yep looks like Chelsea isn't going to make it.

Here to eat crow.  Well done, you saw your boys bounce back in mediocre fashion, but it was more enough.  Hazard is the truth and I love watching him play.  

Half of United should be taken out back and shot for prides sake.  Incredible meltdown with abysmal fucking effort.  I haven't posted in a while on this because making an effort to be frustrated over a team that doesn't care is tough to take.  I guess I don't have to worry about missing work next year on Tues/Weds.  Yay Glazers & Woodward!

Enjoy Champions league.  You were right.  

30 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

Here to eat crow.  Well done, you saw your boys bounce back in mediocre fashion, but it was more enough.  Hazard is the truth and I love watching him play.  

Half of United should be taken out back and shot for prides sake.  Incredible meltdown with abysmal fucking effort.  I haven't posted in a while on this because making an effort to be frustrated over a team that doesn't care is tough to take.  I guess I don't have to worry about missing work next year on Tues/Weds.  Yay Glazers & Woodward!

Enjoy Champions league.  You were right.  

Very curious what happens with the transfer season.

If it were up to you, who do you keep/sell/pursue?

In retrospect, would you have preferred to finish the season with Mou or the way it did end?

only question at this point is who finishes 1 and 2.

I understand that Liverpool is pinning all their hopes on Leicester, but even if City doesn't pick up all 3 points, Liverpool would still need to beat a very good Wolves team, where as City would have a much easier task in Brighton.

Yes, if City drops points today, it tips in Liverpool's favor, but not a forgone conclusion by any means. so....

City loses to Leicester today (by less than 2 goals)

Liverpool - 94 points | City - 92 points going into Sunday

Liverpool draws with Wolves

City beat Brighton

City wins on GD.

Lots of interesting scenarios still.

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Very curious what happens with the transfer season.

If it were up to you, who do you keep/sell/pursue?

In retrospect, would you have preferred to finish the season with Mou or the way it did end?

No way Mou should've stayed.  His idea was to spend a lot to get older and play defense, plus he'd lost the dressing room.  It is not a sustainable model.  There's a reason he never lasts anywhere.  Woodward must go.  Ole better bring some help on the bench.  He ran out of ideas, but also squad isn't great.  

Off the top of my head must leaves are simple.  Alexis, Lukaku, Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Lingard, Fred.  All were remarkably worthless this year.  I personally wouldn't mind seeing Pogba gone, but I don't know how you replace him, plus he's too big of a money maker for the team and Woodward loves kit sales.  

Central defense is a must as well as striker. Pogba needs a partner, I'd kill for Konte, but that ain't happening.  I am will to take a year and bring up some of the young guys from U23s/Reserves.  This is a full on rebuild job and it must be done with youth.  The only goal next year is a good run in the league and a top four.  I haven't looked around enough to come with a signing list yet.  The problem is no Champions League next year.  It's going to take a very special big name guy who wants to play for United to sign instant impact guys.  

I'd kill for Frenkie de Jong and Matt de Ligt from Ajax

I really like Declan Rice

Veran from Madrid

Bale is going to need a home, that would be fun, but very expensive.  

Those five guys wold be a hell of a start.  I'll start looking around, but truly I've been sent to a DGAF place right now with this season.  I don't think I've ever been this frustrated as I was in the last month and a half. 

On 8/8/2018 at 11:26 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

2 more days...

Prediction time, guys (Top 4, relegation)

1. City

2. Liverpool

3. ManU

4. Spurs

Relegation:  Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth

I'll give myself a B+. Thought Fulham would stay up, though Mou could get his team in top 4. 

No way Mou should've stayed.  His idea was to spend a lot to get older and play defense, plus he'd lost the dressing room.  It is not a sustainable model.  There's a reason he never lasts anywhere.  Woodward must go.  Ole better bring some help on the bench.  He ran out of ideas, but also squad isn't great.  
Off the top of my head must leaves are simple.  Alexis, Lukaku, Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Lingard, Fred.  All were remarkably worthless this year.  I personally wouldn't mind seeing Pogba gone, but I don't know how you replace him, plus he's too big of a money maker for the team and Woodward loves kit sales.  
 Central defense is a must as well as striker. Pogba needs a partner, I'd kill for Konte, but that ain't happening.  I am will to take a year and bring up some of the young guys from U23s/Reserves.  This is a full on rebuild job and it must be done with youth.  The only goal next year is a good run in the league and a top four.  I haven't looked around enough to come with a signing list yet.  The problem is no Champions League next year.  It's going to take a very special big name guy who wants to play for United to sign instant impact guys.  
Veran from Madrid
Those five guys wold be a hell of a start.  I'll start looking around, but truly I've been sent to a DGAF place right now with this season.  I don't think I've ever been this frustrated as I was in the last month and a half. 
Pretty sure frankie already is signed to head to barca

21 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
38 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:
Veran from Madrid

Read more  

Thanks.  That sucks, but good for them.  I haven't been paying attention to transfers at all.  

27 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
45 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:
Veran from Madrid

Read more  

*frenkie, and he is.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

After giving this some thought I absolutely would've rather ended the season with Mou.  The ride was fun with Ole as caretaker, especially the night in Paris, but the hope I had at the beginning of March and the feeling of despair I have now weren't worth it.  It was fun to see the side play with belief and freedom again, but it also shows how little pride some players have in United and how far we've fallen in talent.  I hope the latter is a boost to make a large change in club structure and the squad, but I doubt the Glazers have balls to do the right thing.

It would be a much better start to the transfer market with a new manager and vision.  I think having Ole at the helm during the worst run in club history will give a lot of guys pause who might have otherwise come play for a Pochettino or someone new.  I don't know how good of a recruiter of talent Ole is, but he's going to have to hard sell some folks on a vision instead of results.  

Toughest spot United have been in since I started following twenty years ago.  The next two years will shape the next decade.  We won't ever be a Leeds, but we certainly could become a joke.  

51 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

After giving this some thought I absolutely would've rather ended the season with Mou.  The ride was fun with Ole as caretaker, especially the night in Paris, but the hope I had at the beginning of March and the feeling of despair I have now weren't worth it.  It was fun to see the side play with belief and freedom again, but it also shows how little pride some players have in United and how far we've fallen in talent.  I hope the latter is a boost to make a large change in club structure and the squad, but I doubt the Glazers have balls to do the right thing.

It would be a much better start to the transfer market with a new manager and vision.  I think having Ole at the helm during the worst run in club history will give a lot of guys pause who might have otherwise come play for a Pochettino or someone new.  I don't know how good of a recruiter of talent Ole is, but he's going to have to hard sell some folks on a vision instead of results.  

Toughest spot United have been in since I started following twenty years ago.  The next two years will shape the next decade.  We won't ever be a Leeds, but we certainly could become a joke.  

Right? I was thinking about this the other day. It was a curse that Ole did as well as he did. If he comes in and does the normal caretaker job (thanks Guus) and simply maintained, you would be in such a better position. Decent squad with some turn over needed, but also a manager to come in and lift the team. With Ole doing as well as he did, it would almost be better for the team to struggle through Mou for a couple more months. Granted it could've been like us a couple seasons ago where Mou dropped us out of European comps altogether.

55 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

It would be a much better start to the transfer market with a new manager and vision.

I think you'll get that. Ole is a decent manager, but he can't manage people who don't want to be managed and don't want to play for the badge. This will always be a problem when you try to get "the best players" without a plan. Mou had no plan for Pogba, Sanchez or Lukaku. I think Ole has a decent foundation & should have plenty of support to build a new team.

12 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

In about 4 hours we'll know if we have any drama left this season

No matter what happens, I think their will be drama Sunday.  This has been too epic of a title race to have someone walk away with a 4-0 win Sunday to kill the thing off.  Unfortunately I won’t get to watch the game today until around 5:30 or 6 so by the time I finish it up, you all will have been celebrating or depressed for a good 4 hours.  

No matter what, it has been a fantastic year and I am sad that at this time next week it will be over.

No matter what happens, I think their will be drama Sunday.  This has been too epic of a title race to have someone walk away with a 4-0 win Sunday to kill the thing off.  Unfortunately I won’t get to watch the game today until around 5:30 or 6 so by the time I finish it up, you all will have been celebrating or depressed for a good 4 hours.  
No matter what, it has been a fantastic year and I am sad that at this time next week it will be over.
Not sure next week will have drama if city wins today...city vs brighton doesnt inspire hope