Castle Rock on Hulu

dcbc

• 1 month later...

Just watched the first episode.  Thought it was outstanding.  Great dialogue, creepy atmosphere, strong actor choices, lots of subtle visual clues to flesh out the exposition, and a general weird/mysteriousness that reminded me  of 'The Leftovers'.  

Tons of potential.  Really hope they can keep this up because that first episode had my full attention.  

Edited by Monster
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

4 episodes in and it's still going strong.    Very underrated show.   Not sure how a show with these names attached to it can fly under the radar, but apparently, it is.  If you like creepy, psychological mysteries, it's worth watching. 

17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Started 2 tonight. While the lawyer is in the old warden’s office, he flips through a file of newspaper clippings. Each one is a King story, but I only recognized Stand by me and cujo. Did anyone catch the others?  Fire at an oddity store and something else. 

The fire one is needful things, and glenn's character Allen Pangborn was a main character

I wonder if the same HBO executive who oversaw Westworld is overseeing this. "Hey, let's play crazy games with time! That's really cool!"

They've lost me as to the chess pieces and Sissy's grasp of what is the now. Her "when is this?" is so similar to Arnold in Westworld that I fear that I will have PTSD flashbacks to the disintegration of that series.

King is a master story teller. I'll keep the faith even if I don't like the level of confusion right now.

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I wonder if the same HBO executive who oversaw Westworld is overseeing this. "Hey, let's play crazy games with time! That's really cool!"

They've lost me as to the chess pieces and Sissy's grasp of what is the now. Her "when is this?" is so similar to Arnold in Westworld that I fear that I will have PTSD flashbacks to the disintegration of that series.

King is a master story teller. I'll keep the faith even if I don't like the level of confusion right now.

Except King isn't the story teller for this series.  

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I kind of saw Westworld devolving so I stopped after the first episode this season.  I assume from your post that I was correct?

54 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I kind of saw Westworld devolving so I stopped after the first episode this season.  I assume from your post that I was correct?

I have to say yes. It doesn't improve. We watched every episode and ended up shaking our heads. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Is no one still watching this?

WTF did I just watch last night?

You saw the universes of "Black Henry" and "White Henry" scrape against each other... when they're in each other's universes, they're fucked up.

Remember the "Schisma" is the sound of those universes conflicting/coming together/etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

You saw the universes of "Black Henry" and "White Henry" scrape against each other... when they're in each other's universes, they're fucked up.

Remember the "Schisma" is the sound of those universes conflicting/coming together/etc.

Yeah, I felt like I was watching "Counterpart-New England"

On 9/6/2018 at 3:26 PM, RamjetFDO said:

Once I realized/they showed that this was the issue, I tried to recall how the langoliers  went down. Maybe the same thing, but I can’t recall much of that story.