2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

29 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

ECU does not understand what they are getting into. They have no fucking clue the horror that is headed to their door right now. We are going to beat the living shit out of them for two days and then fuck all of their women. 

once in a while a Longhorn will gore a pirate.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Louisville takes the lead...

They are going to wreck the aggy pitching

aggy gave up 9 runs to TCU (#58 in runs per game) and 6 runs to ULL (#123 in runs per game). Louisville is now 5th in runs per game and a couple of their best bats were out during the start of the season. 

Louisville should wreck aggy pitching but Louisville's pitching isn't great. 

aggy would have definitely preferred to play Michigan. 

17 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I hate replay.  And yet I want machine vision  calling balls and strikes. 

the problem with replay in baseball IMO is sometimes you get reviewers that are looking at the play literally and then other times you get reviewers looking at the play "traditionally".

personally I'm not a big fan of it on "tag plays" at bases other than home(home is different IMO).  traditionally big picture, throw and tag/swipe  beats runner in live action then "out", runner beats throw and tag/swipe but hops off the base a slightly/imperceptibly in live action then "safe".

for force plays and catch/no catch I'm kinda for it because it is usually pretty obvious from the replay.

its here to stay so whatever but there is a bit of me that likes a little old school umpiring.  I haven't watched a game on TV with Machine vision but not sure where to find one.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think Austin todd was on that team

I first laughed like @Rickylovesweed, but then I had to go look. You are not making a joke. Austin Todd did play in that regional as a Freshman, though he went 0-10 before being replaced by Travis Jones in the elimination game. Gotdamn, that boy better have 2 doctorates by now.

• Haha 1

Ok finally they decided we can play baseball again. I can't believe they stopped the game to stare at that stupid thing for five minutes...

oh and now we got a pitching change. 

Well I guess stalling tactics is a good way to break the USM momentum LSU.

Hurry up and quit raining, it would be awesome to see LSU, Ole Miss, and OU eliminated in quick succession.

Would also be rooting against the Vandy whistler, but need to first found out if OR St has a child molesting pitcher this year....

Edited by clapclapclap
Don't get hung up on Ole Miss needing another loss
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think this weather delay in Florida helps out OU a little bit. UCLA came out hitting hard after their long delay but it was too little too late. OU will have five outs to get one run. We'll see if Gata can keep it up once they get going again.

Oregon State goes up 7-6 on Vanderbilt in the bottom of the 7th.

LSU got a couple back. 7-6 USM after 7.

OSU and Arkansas oddly scoreless after one.

Maryland ahead of UConn 1-0 in the bottom of the first.

Edited by Valmy77

48 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They had a pedophile scandal back when they won the title in 2019 I think...right? It was right around that era. A player not a coach.

That guy ended up playing in a pro league in Mexico. Actually for a team that played in los dos Laredos, yo creo.