2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

If one were to look for an equivalent of CFB streams for college baseball, where would they look? Not saying I'd ever do it, but my beloved Wolverines just went up 2 on Louisville and they're gonna cut off this ESPNU split screen stream soon...

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean it's always been that way. But offense is up this year for some reason, that makes guys who would be 4s now 6s.

This year, because of Covid, you’ve got a lot of 5th year seniors still hanging around, including grad transfers…makes for a lot of experienced players swinging the bats.

Just now, brojangles2 said:

ECU is not all that impressive. They have not just shelled CCU, they are kind of having some shit given to them. Lets also not forget they were beat 9-1 yesterday. I say bring them on. 

Yeah, Coastal is just out of arms. 

This is what happens when a small school team has to play 5 games. You have to go through the losers bracket and you're in big trouble. 

Just now, brojangles2 said:

ECU is not all that impressive. They have not just shelled CCU, they are kind of having some shit given to them. Lets also not forget they were beat 9-1 yesterday. I say bring them on. 

I am not even a little bit worried about Texas going out there. We are used to playing in front of hostile crowds and I doubt their crowd will even be marginally hostile. Why would they hate us like Tech or some of the teams we travel to do? And we get to start Hansen and Gordon. Fully confident we go 2-0.

But it would have been nice to watch it in person. That's all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, Coastal is just out of arms. 

This is what happens when a small school team has to play 5 games. You have to go through the losers bracket and you're in big trouble. 

Hell schools of every size seem to have that problem. Right Oklahoma State?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, choripan said:

If one were to look for an equivalent of CFB streams for college baseball, where would they look? Not saying I'd ever do it, but my beloved Wolverines just went up 2 on Louisville and they're gonna cut off this ESPNU split screen stream soon...

https://mygoodstream.pw/espn/espn3.php?id=ad0fd8bf-69d6-4d5f-8137-55d772c0bce6&co=jm

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I am not even a little bit worried about Texas going out there. We are used to playing in front of hostile crowds and I doubt their crowd will even be marginally hostile. Why would they hate us like Tech or some of the teams we travel to do? And we get to start Hansen and Gordon. Fully confident we go 2-0.

Does LHN travel?

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

ECU has an excellent baseball atmosphere in terms of fan intensity, and they've never hosted a Super (they sort-of-but-not-really did in 2001) so the alums are absolutely stoked, but school is out and the stadium just isn't very big. 

9 minutes ago, choripan said:

If you have the Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ bundle, it’s over on ESPN+.

Just now, texifornia said:

ECU has an excellent baseball atmosphere in terms of fan intensity, and they've never hosted a Super (they sort-of-but-not-really did in 2001) so the alums are absolutely stoked, but school is out and the stadium just isn't very big. 

Can we just buy all the tickets?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, texifornia said:

I am sure they will want their team to win and go crazy when they do something good. I am just saying they won't be talking shit and all that stuff we usually have to put up with. I am not saying they are a weak fanbase.

• Like 1

Coastal radio thinks there will only be a 600 seat-allotment for Texas for a super regional at ECU.

How did ECU get a higher national seed than Texas, anyway?

ECU's schedule was significantly weaker, weaker league & non-conference games....

OR was Texas punished for those 3 losses in row in the state of South Carolina?

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Coastal radio thinks there will only be a 600 seat-allotment for Texas for a super regional at ECU.

How did ECU get a higher national seed than Texas, anyway?

ECU's schedule was significantly weaker, weaker league & non-conference games....

OR was Texas punished for those 3 losses in row in the state of South Carolina?

We lost some series and fucked up against OU in the tournament.

If you want to host, don't suck. And we sucked too much. Frankly I thought we did well by getting the 9th seed.

But it's alright. Let's go win.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

I am sure they will want their team to win and go crazy when they do something good. I am just saying they won't be talking shit and all that stuff we usually have to put up with. I am not saying they are a weak fanbase.

Horns Down Curse activated.

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If you want to host, don't suck. And we sucked too much.

Texas still should have hosted over ECU. We have more quality wins, a higher RPI, a tougher strength of schedule, played in a better conference, and so on. 

It's actually kind of absurd that a team who only has three quadrant 1 wins is a top 8 seed. 

The NCAA committee must have been persuaded by ECU's long winning streak. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas still should have hosted over ECU. We have more quality wins, a higher RPI, a tougher strength of schedule, played in a better conference, and so on. 

It's actually kind of absurd that a team who only has three quadrant 1 wins is a top 8 seed. 

The NCAA committee must have been influence by ECU's long winning streak. 

Sure sure. I get all that. But by finishing 5th, and yes I know everybody was batched together, and not winning the tournament we set ourselves up for it. I get our overall record was great but don't finish 5th if you don't want to risk going on the road in the Super Regionals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If you want to host, don't suck. And we sucked too much. Frankly I thought we did well by getting the 9th seed.

Don't blow that OK State game and maybe we are the #8 seed.  Texas had chances to get themselves a top 8 seed.

Let's just do it the hard way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Don't blow that OK State game and maybe we are the #8 seed.  Texas had chances to get themselves a top 8 seed.

Let's just do it the hard way. 

Texas definitely blew chances but that's still a deflection. 

Texas has a better resume than ECU in every single category that matters. The NCAA needs to develop some consistency because you can't constantly bring up "quality wins" and then give a school like ECU a top 8 seed when they have 3 quality wins all season. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

we got hurt by finishing 5th in the big 12 and getting swept by OSU(KSU series loss didn't help).  if we sweep OSU(or even win 2) we probably get their host spot.

NCAA always throws a bone to a smaller school or 2 if they can.  ECU and Ga Southern were those teams this year.

I’d rather play ECU on the road as opposed to LSU at home (or another Power 5 school like ark, UNC etc..). We got a decent path to Omaha considering our mid -season swoon. Losing 4 of 5 on spring break, blowing the lead to KSU etc. 

Edited by jdhorn92

2 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I’d rather play ECU on the road vs lsu at home (or another Power 5 school like ark, UNC etc..)

Yeah, it's still a very favorable pairing. ECU hasn't beaten anybody all year.  

They've played 1 series against a top 50 RPI team all season. They lost 2/3 against UNC. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Well, the die is cast…so maybe they will underestimate us.  We can just pretend that they are Florida State.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Lulz, this clown announcer thinks we would be intimidated by having to travel to *checks notes* Greenville, NC?

loved how he said that we wouldn't want to play in front of "this crowd" at the exact moment they have a crowd shot showing maybe 2/3rds of the seats filled.

The outfield standing room does kind of look cool, though.

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas definitely blew chances but that's still a deflection. 

Texas has a better resume than ECU in every single category that matters. The NCAA needs to develop some consistency because you can't constantly bring up "quality wins" and then give a school like ECU a top 8 seed when they have 3 quality wins all season. 

their Non conf SOS was #5.  they got some credit for that also.  really we should have aggy spot but you know SECSEC.