2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

Just now, dcar00 said:

their Non conf SOS was #5.  they got some credit for that also.  really we should have aggy spot but you know SECSEC.

Both aggy and ECU being a top 8 seeds were questionable but at least aggy had quality wins. 

ECU played 1 good team all season in a series and lost. That should not be good enough to be a top 8 seed. 

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we got hurt by finishing 5th in the big 12 and getting swept by OSU(KSU series loss didn't help).  if we sweep OSU(or even win 2) we probably get their host spot.

NCAA always throws a bone to a smaller school or 2 if they can.  ECU and Ga Southern were those teams this year.

I’d rather not be top-8 and have y’all’s regional/SR-pairing than have ours with Arkansas and possibly onto UNC (if we have anyone left to pitch)

Texas definitely blew chances but that's still a deflection. 
Texas has a better resume than ECU in every single category that matters. The NCAA needs to develop some consistency because you can't constantly bring up "quality wins" and then give a school like ECU a top 8 seed when they have 3 quality wins all season. 

Bullshit

5 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I’d rather not be top-8 and have y’all’s regional/SR-pairing than have ours with Arkansas and possibly onto UNC (if we have anyone left to pitch)

yeah but you get your cozy confines and you won't have to face ECU's raucous crowd...or so I've been told.

4 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Yeah well that's the other part. As I said I am not even slightly worried about ECU. They might beat us, but I definitely think this is a favorable match up. It's not like we are going to Knoxville or something.

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Like Texas gagging away 5 conference losses in the last couple of weeks of the season, maybe?

Well if it were up to VirginiaLonghorn we shouldn't even be in the tournament and we would have arrested David Pierce for criminal incompetence. Maybe shot a few assistant coaches.

So, you know, there are multiple ways to think about what we deserve.

• Haha 1

I guess we want Louisville to play aggy but part of me thinks Michigan won't be affected at all by listeria park.  they'll be like "what? no one is burning couches or throwing full beer cans and batteries? kinda like this place."

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Well if it were up to VirginiaLonghorn we shouldn't even be in the tournament and we would have arrested David Pierce for criminal incompetence. Maybe shot a few assistant coaches.

You got two outta three … 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I remember when VirginiaLonghorn was arguing Texas shouldn't make the tournament when they were top 10 in RPI. Good times. 

Just now, Valmy77 said:

I just know that whenever the team impresses you they have done something special.

As opposed to me who orgasms everytime they throw a strike.

He just hates David Pierce. That's pretty much it. 

Take this discussion for example. He can't provide one point that proves ECU has a better resume than Texas because there isn't one. 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I just know that whenever the team impresses you they have done something special.

As opposed to me who orgasms everytime they throw a strike.

You’re on target.  Top D-1 baseball .. and Texas is in that group .. is equivalent to AA professional level.  I do expect Texas to play smart which they too often do not.  That begins with coaching and ends with execution.

49 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

NCAA always throws a bone to a smaller school or 2 if they can.  ECU and Ga Southern were those teams this year.

They've been throwing a bone to smaller schools for a few years now in baseball. 

Nobody in their right minds could have thought that DBU was better than the likes of Kentucky, NC State, and so on but they gave DBU the at-large bid. If you're a small school they will reward you for playing a tough nonconference schedule. 

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Personally, I think they've been giving way too much leeway to small schools recently with selections/hosts. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed