2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

That Louisville regional was actually pretty salty.

Oregon as a 2 seed and Michigan as a 3 seed. Michigan didn't have a great season but they've been very dangerous in the postseason recently. I would have been more worried about Oregon and Michigan than anybody that was in our regional. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That Louisville regional was actually pretty salty.

Oregon as a 2 seed and Michigan as a 3 seed. Michigan didn't have a great season but they've been very dangerous in the postseason recently. I would have been more worried about Oregon and Michigan than anybody that was in our regional. 

I wonder how much of that is name recognition though.  Michigan had one run to the CWS in 2019 and have not really done anything else of note in the last couple of decades.  La Tech and DBU were a better RPI pairing than Oregon and Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I wonder how much of that is name recognition though.  Michigan had one run to the CWS in 2019 and have not really done anything else of note in the last couple of decades.  La Tech and DBU were a better RPI pairing than Oregon and Michigan.

They are better in RPI but they aren't better teams. LA Tech and Michigan are similar caliber teams but one was a 2 and the other was a 3. 

DBU's RPI was inflated because of their nonconference schedule. Them going 0-2 was not surprising because they've been horrible for like 3 months now. DBU wasn't even a top 150 team to end the season. 

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Sigh. I guess we were due for this after hosting Tennessee Tech and South Florida our last two super regional appearances.

It's still a good draw. 

ECU is 3-8 against quadrant 1 teams this year. Don't get me wrong, they're a good team but they haven't beaten anybody. The only frustrating part is we should be hosting over ECU. 

Texas has 14 more quadrant 1 wins, a better RPI, and played a tougher strength of schedule. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Alright time to look up hotels in Godforsaken, NC

Hour and a half from Atlantic Beach if you want to mix in a little sun. Beaufort is an unbelievably adorable colonial coast town, too.

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

When was our last road super? Oxford? 

yes.  every super regional we have played in since then has been in austin. 

2009 - austin against tcu.

2010 - austin against tcu.

2011 - austin against arizona state.

2014 - austin against houston.

2018 - austin against tennessee tech.

2021 - austin against south florida.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, sidis said:

glad i checked this thread.  i was getting happy about the outcome.  the ncaa website has it as coastal carolina that's winning.

227715341_Screenshot2022-06-06131718.thumb.png.6c6360a3e17d1fb5aa154bd0d0a91931.png

May have been mentioned way up-thread, but the scores of the other tourney games last night on LHN had aggy up 3-0 on TCU.  Was very pleased to flip over to that game and see TCU up.  Didn't last, of course.

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Sigh. I guess we were due for this after hosting Tennessee Tech and South Florida our last two super regional appearances.

Really? In this crazy Regional season with 7 run innings every 15 minutes you think 4 run lead early in the game is impossible to overcome? This thing is far from over.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'd prefer ECU over sending Coastal home, but also would prefer not to travel.

I don't think we've ever lost a road super though.  Tallahassee and Oxford.

texas is 10-1 all time in super regionals.  lost to tcu in three games in 2010.  2-0 away from home (2004 at fsu and 2005 at ole miss) and 8-1 at home.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The NCAA scoreboard is constantly wrong - i think the home/road team flips confuses the fuck out of the scoreboard. 

can someone tell me if louisville is actually beating michigan 7-3 or is that a screw up?

also, is ucla actually beating dirty okies in okc?

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

can someone tell me if louisville is actually beating michigan 7-3 or is that a screw up?

also, is ucla actually beating dirty okies in okc?

Yes and yes

Edited by Js1