Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

47 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

In the top of the 9th, those guys moved down behind the net and just sort of stood in the aisle and started getting into it with the Texas fans around them. One of the event staff guys started walking down the steps presumably to move them out of there and then I guess he decided he doesn’t get paid enough for that shit and turned around and walked back up after he got about halfway down.

Probably can't blame him. They were close to being shitfaced BEFORE the game started. 

40 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

I wasn't at the game, but that's what I heard from my friend's that were.

I've been around their fanbase multiple x's (and probably will more now that my BIL is part of their football staff) through baseball and a few football games. They are not but highly obnoxious (sometimes fun) fans like LSU are. Ones I talked too were great.

2 hours ago, DanRydell said:

I wish I could say the same for the Louisiana Tech fans who made the trip but at least the ones around us behind their dugout were largely assholes. Their starting pitcher’s brother in particular was a first class prick but he’s also an aggy so that tracks.

The coonass doesn't fall far from the aggy tree.

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I highly doubt La Tech is saving Gibson to throw Whorff in an elimination game. 

Maybe they're taking a huge risk to save Gibson but my guess is he's still injured. 

????  They started Whorff in the CUSA championship game.  And 3 innings later, Gibson was in.   Seems like that would also be the plan today.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They are mad. 

Isn't aggy doing ok in their regional? Why do they even give a fuck what's happening in our regional, much less spend time posting about it on S/M? Oh yeah, that's right - because aggy inferiority complex. Most aggy thing ever. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Oh brother, you're definitely right. 

Looks like that pitchers family is running their mouth on twitter with an aggy profile picture. This is the most aggy shit ever. Your son gets beat and then you start bragging about other teams while not even repping your son's school. 

Joint twitter account means Kevin had some boundary issues with his secretary, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, Beau Vine said:

????  They started Whorff in the CUSA championship game.  And 3 innings later, Gibson was in.   Seems like that would also be the plan today.

Gibson came in relief for the CUSA championship game after starting a previous game in the conference tournament. 

Lots of things in play but I think Gibson would be starting this one if he's healthy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Isn't aggy doing ok in their regional? Why do they even give a fuck what's happening in our regional, much less spend time posting about it on S/M? Oh yeah, that's right - because aggy inferiority complex. Most aggy thing ever. 

He's an angry little brother that we live rent free in his head. His son pitched great last night and instead of celebrating him, him and his other son (at the game last night) have made it ALL about them/aggy. Just another reason I don't ever care to have anything to do with these loser assholes. 

Oh, and I tweeted him this regarding his stupid tweet about us not being not deserving of a regional, and  stupid sips.👇 Crickets from the asshole. 😂

Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

• Hook 'Em 1

Probably more discussion of LA Tech's 3rd and 4th starter on this board in the last 2 days than in the history of their program. 

Agree with Ricky though in that you would certainly expect Gibson to start the 1st game today if he's healthy.  They were certainly taxed in the conference tournament and slugged their way out of it with a couple of one-run wins.

Edited by zlavydra
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Also, I'm going to bet this played a part in Gibson's arm tightness. 

Starting a game and then coming in for relief in the conference tournament is unusual for a starter that only throws 1 time a week. Yes, they still throw a bullpen session but it's different. 

14 minutes ago, wood said:

They’re scared because Texas is coming to the SEC.