2022 Wimbledon Championships

ss13

"What a disgraceful showing and an affront to the sport that we're going to criticize nonstop...while we make him the featured match on Center Court on national television, not so quietly hoping for an implosion."

Way to take a stand, ATP/ABC.

Edited by aggie08

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

"What a disgraceful showing and an affront to the sport that we're going to criticize nonstop...while we make him the featured match on Center Court on national television, not so quietly hoping for an implosion."

Way to take a stand, ATP/ABC.

its actually on court 1 not center court.

Just now, hookem2010 said:

Just turned it on. What got Tsitsipas all worked up and penalized? 

kyrigos does all kinds of shit.  he started out quick serving, then he started talking to the chair in between Tsitsipas serves, and general he's just non stop shaking his head and arguing with the chair.

tsitsipas then fired a ball that almost hit a fan, then fired another one off the underhand server at the scoreboard.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

In between all that tsitsipas has been trying to hit kyrgios, including once on Nick's serve on a ball that wasn't in play.

yes but that was after all the other BS from Kyrigos.  looks like it is going to work. tsitsipas has lost it.

4 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:
If I was the Italian dude I wouldn't have walked up to Nadal at all.  I would have just pointed to the chair.

I had to leave, what happened?

italian dude tied up the 3rd set 4-4 after they closed the roof.  Nadal called him up to talk to him.  possibly about grunting.  there was a discussion. momentum was shifting a bit and Nadal probably wanted out of there in 3. Nadal wasn't losing but it certainly changed the momentum.

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I can't decide whether this Kyrgios-Tsitsipas match is more like McEnroe-Connors or Piper-Steamboat. Either way, most fun I've had watching tennis in years. 

it is funny hearing McEnroe talk about respect for the game and the opponent...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

italian dude tied up the 3rd set 4-4 after they closed the roof.  Nadal called him up to talk to him.  possibly about grunting.  there was a discussion. momentum was shifting a bit and Nadal probably wanted out of there in 3. Nadal wasn't losing but it certainly changed the momentum.

They talked at the net for a minute or so after the match too. Neither looked happy. Umpire told them to take it to locker room. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sonego is kind of a bitch.  The grunting way after he hits it is bullshit but you could tell Rafa just wanted to change the momentum back.

And I alternate between irritation and admiration for Kyrgios.  The guy has so much talent but he is a total head case.  He thrives in chaos.  Tsitsi is just about the worst possible fit for that guy as he is easily rattled. He actually did hit Kyrgios once.

Fowler needs to STfU about respect for the game though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

this kyrigos dude is such a drama queen/douche.  he so wants to be the dennis rodman of tennis..

Unbelievable talent -- temperament often ruins his play in big matches.

Nick played some awesome shots in that 4th set to knock out Tsitsipas (4) today.  Great match for tennis fans...  

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Unbelievable talent -- temperament often ruins his play in big matches.

Nick played some awesome shots in that 4th set to knock out Tsitsipas (4) today.  Great match for tennis fans...  

that “big balls” point was incredible. I think even Fowler said Nick’s shots were ridiculous. 

• Haha 1

Sonego starts grunting AFTER he has hit the ball and then continues until the opponent is well into his swing. 

There is a short, chunky Italian girl (Trevisan) that does the same thing. Both of the Italians are worse than Sabalenka, who also shows awful gamesmanship with that bullshit, but players should lose the point if they are grunting after the ball crosses the net. It is total horseshit. 

Tsitsipas is a bitch. 

Kyrgios is a head case, but may have the most talent on tour. If he could find a mentor who he could use as a shrink, but that he didn’t realize he was using as a shrink, he could be #1. (If that’s possible while completely skipping the clay court season.)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Sonego starts grunting AFTER he has hit the ball and then continues until the opponent is well into his swing. 

There is a short, chunky Italian girl (Trevisan) that does the same thing. Both of the Italians are worse than Sabalenka, who also shows awful gamesmanship with that bullshit, but players should lose the point if they are grunting after the ball crosses the net. It is total horseshit. 

Tsitsipas is a bitch. 

Kyrgios is a head case, but may have the most talent on tour. If he could find a mentor who he could use as a shrink, but that he didn’t realize he was using as a shrink, he could be #1. (If that’s possible while completely skipping the clay court season.)

the shrink ain't gonna do shit for kyrgios.  he just WANTS to act all pissy all match and quick serve(I don't care about the underhand serve but the quick serve is different).

He's good but he's not that good.  it isn't just his head.  He misses wide open shots all the time.  could he skirt the top 10 without all the BS?  maybe. but there is a reason he's never been past the quarters in a major.  

Tsitsipas did fine with all the BS going on.  he wasn't a bitch about it.  that said, he had way too many unforced errors.

the grunting is dumb but Rafa needed to go to the umpire.  Sonego was dumb enough to take the bait, even though he was gonna lose anyway.

43 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Heather Watson out! God, what a boring match.  

I was definitely pulling for Frau Bigundbürley in this match. I bet that German girl could carry 5 Oktoberfest steins in each hand. 

Ons Jabeur is probably the favorite to win this year’s Wimbledon. No one else can touch her variety. 

Since she’s lost weight, only Iga has been better. 

PS- Ostapenko & Tsitsipas are in competition for Wimbledon’s Biggest Bitch Award. No one else is even under consideration. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2