2022 Wimbledon Championships

ss13

Rybakina wins it!  And reacts like she just finished a practice session.

A Wimbledon championship to make benefit the glorious nation of Kazakhstan.

Or, Russian tennis federation go fuck yourself.

^^ Yeah, the Croats looked like they might pull away (break serve) but never were quite able.  Points for/against has to be very close; seemed like every game was contested.

Looking forward to the men's final more than any other time since Fed's prime.  Hopefully 2022 Nick shows up and not Old Headcase Nick.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

I am rooting for fireworks. I want to hear Chris Fowler losing his shit over the lack of respect for the game.

Nick yawning in the hall is on brand.

When did Chris Fowler become such a pansy-assed bitch?

His animosity towards Kyrgios is unending.

• Hook 'Em 2

I loathe Djokovic (his beliefs, his personality, his style of play) but Nick is such a disgrace, man. Absolute clown who wilts at the slightest signs of pressure and spends more time verbally abusing his team, the umpire, and line judges than he does playing tennis.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Kyrgios is a whiny ass bitch. Impossible to root for this guy. 

Man, I don't even care that he's a whiny ass bitch--he wouldn't be the first--but all of his whining is at maximum fucking volume to make sure that everyone hears him. His opponent, the judges, his box, and 15,000 people have to pretend to not hear him and not make eye contact 100 times a match to wait it out and not make it worse.

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Kyrgios is a colossal jerk.  Go Djokovic

this. normally I'm rooting for anyone to beat the big 3 just to change it up but at least Djokovic just plays tennis.  djokovic seems like an OK guy like Nadal.  Kyrgios stuff is just an act, there is nothing honest about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

so now it is Nadal at 22, Novak at 21 and Federer at 20 Grand Slam titles. 

If and buts time but Novak probably would have won US and Australia Opens if he’d been allowed to play and be up to 23 titles now.  Baring any serious injury, etc, think he will most likely end up with the most Grand Slam titles before he retires.