Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

17 hours ago, Pancho said:

Tech fans have gotten...just obsessive about UT:

Fan.  Singular.

I know no other Tech fan that would do something like that, whereas every single Sooner I know would do that in a heartbeat if it didn't eat into their meth budget.

Edited by Uncle Nate

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

You geniuses do realize that a big contributor to brand value is past success, don't you?

Or, maybe you didn't.

Ask Jerry Jones…

nobody with a brain doubts the brand equity of the Dallas franchise.

They haven’t won anything of significance in 27 years.  People laugh at the Cowboys.

The UT kiss the ring routine makes people giggle.

Edited by slorch

37 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Fan.  Singular.

I know no other Tech fan that would do something like that, whereas every single Sooner I know would do that in a heartbeat if it didn't eat into their meth budget.

Lets be real...theres gotta be at least 2 Tech fans that have Horns Down ink, already halfway there with this guy just hope the other one wasn't dumb enough to put it somewhere he's gonna have to stare at upside down every day for the rest of his life...and its still a stupid thing to get inked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

Ask Jerry Jones…

They haven’t won anything of significance in 27 years.  People laugh at the Cowboys.

Any more than the bell ringer?

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Ask Jerry Jones…

Wait. A TT fan is lecturing us about our team not accomplishing anything recently? 

Does that make sense to anyone?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

Wait. A TT fan is lecturing us about our team not accomplishing anything recently? 

1. It's a Texas Tech thread.  If you expected ring kissing behavior, you fucked up.

2. We didn't start the shit talking.

3. If you can't handle a dialogue then kindly go fuck yourself.

Edited by slorch

accurate.

we'll be shooting the shit and UT fan has to chime in, "yeah, but without us..."

Nobody gives a flying fuck.  Good luck getting your ass kicked.

We all agree Jeff Fisher sucks ass, but so what?

Edited by slorch

16 hours ago, slorch said:

1. It's a Texas Tech thread.  If you expected ring kissing behavior, you fucked up.

2. We didn't start the shit talking.

3. If you can't handle a dialogue then kindly go fuck yourself.

Maybe I should feel offended, but…a fan of a program with exactly one (shared) conference title in over 60 years, that has never played in the B12 CG, that has played in (and lost) only one major bowl game, ever, that has never finished in the top 5…is lecturing me about underperformance. 

one has to laugh

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Meh.  The surly way is that all( most) are welcome.  I'm down for the conversation.

If UT fan can't recognize the correlation with the Cowboys when it comes to brand equity/ results, I thought it was a great analogy.  A few posters try to do the big-brother moves and nobody here really feels that way.  If you're gonna engage, then don't get uppity when there is a response.

Wreck Em!!!

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Makes more sense now why tech is last game...

No reason Tech shouldn't run away with the conference now that they got Yormark openly rooting for them against other conference members right? Must be nice to have that kind of pull at the league office from all the way at the top...

On 8/22/2023 at 3:54 PM, statsman said:

That 1956 Border Conference championship flag flies forever.  It was a hard fought win against conference mate Hardin Simmons to seal the deal

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Haha 7

Crash and burn would imply first achieving flight.

That in and of itself would be an improvement.

You can't big brother a fanbase that has repeatedly been kicked in the nuts by its own football program.

That bullshit by the commish is interesting.   

1) we expected to get fucked by the refs but the commish is openly rooting against texas is a new low.  Fuck this conference.   I say we run it up anytime we can and publicly throw the bush league under the bus every chance we get.  When they start throwing out fines,  tell them to go fuck themselves.  When they threaten to withhold distributions bury their ass in law suits for fiduciary breach,  tortious interference and whatever else the boys can come up with.  

2) Whatever chance Tech had in the Horns looking past that game is gone.   Undefeated or .500,  belmont is going to want an ass beating.  

1 hour ago, TheAuditor said:

That bullshit by the commish is interesting.   

1) we expected to get fucked by the refs but the commish is openly rooting against texas is a new low.  Fuck this conference.   I say we run it up anytime we can and publicly throw the bush league under the bus every chance we get.  When they start throwing out fines,  tell them to go fuck themselves.  When they threaten to withhold distributions bury their ass in law suits for fiduciary breach,  tortious interference and whatever else the boys can come up with.  

2) Whatever chance Tech had in the Horns looking past that game is gone.   Undefeated or .500,  belmont is going to want an ass beating.  

C”mon. You can’t be serious. Not too long ago, we had the presidents of UT and OU attending Big 12 executive sessions while secretly colluding with the SEC commissioner against the conference in which they held membership. Besides, since when has any Texas fan given a rats ass about anything a Big 12 commissioner says?

Edited by Satchel

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

C”mon. You can’t be serious. Not too long ago, we had the presidents of UT and OU attending Big 12 executive sessions while secretly colluding with the SEC commissioner against the conference in which they held membership. Besides, since when has any Texas fan given a rats ass about anything a Big 12 commissioner says?

Since the commissioner publicly stated he and the league office were blatantly biased.  He put the integrity of the league in question and made fair competition among league members suspect.  We can all suspect the fix is in - it’s another thing to say it and not expect consequences  

• Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Satchel said:

"Why would you care that the guy who could possible fix games is speaking out loud about how much he dislikes your school and hopes they lose? You guys are just as bad because you made plans to get away from this group."

extremely low IQ post

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

"Why would you care that the guy who could possible fix games is speaking out loud about how much he dislikes your school and hopes they lose? You guys are just as bad because you made plans to get away from this group."

extremely low IQ post

Chuckle, you believe a conference commissioner would be dumb enough to try to fix games undetected against an outgoing member, and you think my post is low IQ.