Jump to content

2022 Fuck Fantasy Football


shadow_operative2.0

Recommended Posts

Apparently, I drunkenly accepted the offer to join a 3rd fantasy league a few months back and totally forgot about it.  Glad I did.  We had the draft Sunday evening, which I didn't know about, and found out after the fact that it was a 34 round draft in a 12 player league.  Full lineup of individual defensive players in addition to the standard set of offensive players, plus backups.  Fuck me.  My autodraft netted me a shittastic defensive team and managed to draft me 3 extra QB's and 3 kickers.  Time to find some rookies no one knows about to fill out my team.  Uggh.  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2022 at 11:06 PM, Baboontyme said:

One thing I can't recommend enough for a snake drafter is go use the Fantasy Pros draft toolkit. I'm not sure what's paid and what's not at this point because they give you a free membership if you deposit $10 in one of their partner sportsbooks. 

Alright 'boon, it's your ass if my draft sucks tonight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Rank these 4

Harris

Cook

Kamara

Mixon 

 

I have the 7th pick in my main league and find myself picking between these 4 guys every time. Last night I went kamara in that spot but curious to know what y’all think.

half ppr by the way 

 


Cook

Kamara (looks like he will play)

Mixon

Harris (Steelers look bad)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

It worked perfectly for the the first 4 picks (wraparound at #11), but then it got buggy. Had to refresh either site more often than I would have liked for FP to get synced back up to live. Still worth the $10 though, I'll play around with the extras more later. 


 

first 4 picks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Mixon/Swift/Allen/Pitts, then it kinda struggled to stay synced. 

I'll be trying it on Friday with my buddy's work draft. 51 fucking years old and $100 league and he has to bring me in on halfsies because he has no idea how to work a laptop or phone. Who did you round out with?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have a 500 dollar keeper league. You get to keep one player at where you drafted him the year before. We won last year so we have pick 12. Options to me are Mark Andrews as a 4th (pick 37) or Michael Thomas as a 7th (pick 84). Both are good value. Jameis can push the ball downfield. It’s just if Thomas can stay healthy. Andrews may get a ton of targets with Hollywood Brown gone. Also could keep Devante Adams as pick 12. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Have a 500 dollar keeper league. You get to keep one player at where you drafted him the year before. We won last year so we have pick 12. Options to me are Mark Andrews as a 4th (pick 37) or Michael Thomas as a 7th (pick 84). Both are good value. Jameis can push the ball downfield. It’s just if Thomas can stay healthy. Andrews may get a ton of targets with Hollywood Brown gone. Also could keep Devante Adams as pick 12. 

I like them both at those but have to lean Thomas with the later pick. I see the upside with as slightly higher with MT but obviously the floor is lower vs Andrews. I took Andrews because he was valued at anywhere between $34 and $40 in my league and the bidding just stopped at 20 so I jumped in. But I think he probably regresses a bit this year. 107/1361/9 last year and I've read some stuff about how much better he was when Huntley was playing and Lamar was hurt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Thomas as your keeper too.  My favorite analysts are the CBS crew and Chris Harris.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/rankings/ppr/top200/

https://www.harrisfootball.com/top-200-ranks-draft

Both guys are a value, but Thomas is probably the better value. Chris Harris especially loves Thomas this year and has him #28 standard/#25 PPR overall.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Have a 500 dollar keeper league. You get to keep one player at where you drafted him the year before. We won last year so we have pick 12. Options to me are Mark Andrews as a 4th (pick 37) or Michael Thomas as a 7th (pick 84). Both are good value. Jameis can push the ball downfield. It’s just if Thomas can stay healthy. Andrews may get a ton of targets with Hollywood Brown gone. Also could keep Devante Adams as pick 12. 


andrews. 
 

Thomas is a complete unknown (and I have drafted him this summer). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did the F Pros assistant overlay thing for my buddy's league to help him as he's clueless. It glitched out once in like the 10th round where it lost sync and all of a sudden the ESPN ding rang and we were up and had to switch tabs. I refreshed the tab with the F Pros assistant and that fixed it. Really happy with this result. We drew 10th. It's a 12 Team PPR. Went Swift, Mixon, hoping Pittman or AJ Brown fell to us and got MPJ, then got Sutton, Lamar, Chase, Dillon, Moore, Toney and Lockett. TE is not great but don't really care. Probably should have taken Njoku as I think he has more upside but oh well. When I look at the experts who liked our draft the most it was the two F Pros guys who both gave it a 99 A+. 

https://i.imgur.com/GrFW4rZ.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My draft.  a D+ according to CBS bitches

 

 
1 / 3 WR | LAR 4 sec 398.00 #1 WR
2 / 22 RB | CLE 4 sec 210.00 #15 RB
3 / 27 WR | MIA 32 sec 255.00 #8 WR
4 / 46 WR | LAC 2 sec 228.00 #18 WR
5 / 51 WR | ARI 7 sec 226.00 #19 WR
6 / 70 RB | SF 3 sec 182.00 #23 RB
7 / 75 RB | KC 4 sec 168.00 #33 RB
8 / 94 DST | CLE 6 sec 195.40 #2 DST
9 / 99 TE | MIA 2 sec 171.00 #9 TE
10 / 118 RB | BUF 4 sec 173.00 #28 RB
11 / 123 WR | SF 24 sec 168.00 #49 WR
12 / 142 WR | KC 1 sec 150.00 #63 WR
13 / 147 TQB | MIA 4 sec 292.00 #18 TQB
14 / 166 RB | LAC 4 sec 14.00 #118 RB
15 / 171 K | LAC 10 sec 64.00 #9 K
16 / 190 RB | BUF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slorch said:

My draft.  a D+ according to CBS bitches

 

 
1 / 3 WR | LAR 4 sec 398.00 #1 WR
2 / 22 RB | CLE 4 sec 210.00 #15 RB
3 / 27 WR | MIA 32 sec 255.00 #8 WR
4 / 46 WR | LAC 2 sec 228.00 #18 WR
5 / 51 WR | ARI 7 sec 226.00 #19 WR
6 / 70 RB | SF 3 sec 182.00 #23 RB
7 / 75 RB | KC 4 sec 168.00 #33 RB
8 / 94 DST | CLE 6 sec 195.40 #2 DST
9 / 99 TE | MIA 2 sec 171.00 #9 TE
10 / 118 RB | BUF 4 sec 173.00 #28 RB
11 / 123 WR | SF 24 sec 168.00 #49 WR
12 / 142 WR | KC 1 sec 150.00 #63 WR
13 / 147 TQB | MIA 4 sec 292.00 #18 TQB
14 / 166 RB | LAC 4 sec 14.00 #118 RB
15 / 171 K | LAC 10 sec 64.00 #9 K
16 / 190 RB | BUF

I don't know your rules but it appears you don't have a QB? Hard to judge. 

My .02 which is not worth a shit. Kupp regresses. Chubb has a big year even if Hunt isn't traded and I kind of think he will be. Waddle is co WR1 in Miami. Mike Williams is a Top 15 WR in non PPR. CEH has the best year of his career. Had gall bladder surgery right before the start of the season last year and didn't advertise it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Drafting from 12 was more difficult than I thought. 2 solid RBs or one RB and grab the stud WR?  Went N Harris and D Adams 1/2

.5 PPR 

T Lance/ A Rogers

N Harris/ T Etienne/ D Montgomery/ D Pierce/ R Mosthurt 

D Adams/ D Mooney/ Michael Thomas/ A Lazard/ J Jones/ M Gallup

Ertz

Ok. I'm not an expert I just got entrenched in this due to boredom basically. Love the QB combo. I was ok with Lance and like him a lot but was looking to back him up with Rodgers or Russ. 

Can't stress enough how much I like Etienne it just didn't work out. 

Could Julio have a sneaky really good year with like 80 catches and 7 TDs? I think so. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I don't know your rules but it appears you don't have a QB? Hard to judge. 

My .02 which is not worth a shit. Kupp regresses. Chubb has a big year even if Hunt isn't traded and I kind of think he will be. Waddle is co WR1 in Miami. Mike Williams is a Top 15 WR in non PPR. CEH has the best year of his career. Had gall bladder surgery right before the start of the season last year and didn't advertise it. 

Tua is my QB.  Our league does "Team QB", for reasons I cannot explain.  LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slorch said:

We all work together, even though we’re spread across Texas.

By Wednesday after our SB, everyone pays up.  If they were a pain in the ass about it,  they probably wouldn’t be invited back.

I don’t get the resistance to paying to me you have to pay before game 1.  These are often the same guys who join late.  
 

 

back to the fun.  Ekeler consensus 3 pick?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I don’t get the resistance to paying to me you have to pay before game 1.  These are often the same guys who join late.  
 

 

back to the fun.  Ekeler consensus 3 pick?

I think you could make a case for Henry or Kupp/Jefferson. I think ekeler is going to have some major td regression this year. And I say that as an ekeler st

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I don’t get the resistance to paying to me you have to pay before game 1.  These are often the same guys who join late.  
 

 

back to the fun.  Ekeler consensus 3 pick?

In our league the mentality is that if I win the league, why should I let you hold my money all season. Again, we don’t have knuckleheads being a pain in the ass getting their money in though either.  I’m not opposed to no pay, no play with a hard cut off a week before the draft so there’s no shenanigans.

 

I picked third in my league, and was set on Ekeler… Until he got picked second.

Then I picked Cupp, but yeah, if Ekeler was there, he was my pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, slorch said:

In our league the mentality is that if I win the league, why should I let you hold my money all season. Again, we don’t have knuckleheads being a pain in the ass getting their money in though either.  I’m not opposed to no pay, no play with a hard cut off a week before the draft so there’s no shenanigans.

 

I picked third in my league, and was set on Ekeler… Until he got picked second.

Then I picked Cupp, but yeah, if Ekeler was there, he was my pick.

Sounds like you passed on CMC? 

 

I don't get letting someone wait to pay.  Someone ain't gonna pay when they are 1-3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Sounds like you passed on CMC? 

 

I don't get letting someone wait to pay.  Someone ain't gonna pay when they are 1-3.

I took CMC #1 last season and traded him before Week 2 for Kelce, with no ragrets.  Yes, i passed on him this season.  Hellova a playmaker, but his health is questionable.

 

As far as paying, again, we all work together and this league is 21 years running.  If someone reneged, they'd just be a POS to 11 other coworkers.  Over $100?  Nah.  They payin...  LOL.

Edited by slorch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, slorch said:

My draft.  a D+ according to CBS bitches

 

 
1 / 3 WR | LAR 4 sec 398.00 #1 WR
2 / 22 RB | CLE 4 sec 210.00 #15 RB
3 / 27 WR | MIA 32 sec 255.00 #8 WR
4 / 46 WR | LAC 2 sec 228.00 #18 WR
5 / 51 WR | ARI 7 sec 226.00 #19 WR
6 / 70 RB | SF 3 sec 182.00 #23 RB
7 / 75 RB | KC 4 sec 168.00 #33 RB
8 / 94 DST | CLE 6 sec 195.40 #2 DST
9 / 99 TE | MIA 2 sec 171.00 #9 TE
10 / 118 RB | BUF 4 sec 173.00 #28 RB
11 / 123 WR | SF 24 sec 168.00 #49 WR
12 / 142 WR | KC 1 sec 150.00 #63 WR
13 / 147 TQB | MIA 4 sec 292.00 #18 TQB
14 / 166 RB | LAC 4 sec 14.00 #118 RB
15 / 171 K | LAC 10 sec 64.00 #9 K
16 / 190 RB | BUF


waddle way too early. Why draft a defense before the second to last round?

 

singletary and Aiuyk were good picks at those spots. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Sounds like you passed on CMC? 

 

I don't get letting someone wait to pay.  Someone ain't gonna pay when they are 1-3.

if this is even a thought that crosses your mind, that’s on you, brotha. Generally speaking, if I’m in a good, competitive league, I want to stay in that league for as long as it’s a thing. The thought of not paying, and ruining that wouldn’t even cross my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

if this is even a thought that crosses your mind, that’s on you, brotha. Generally speaking, if I’m in a good, competitive league, I want to stay in that league for as long as it’s a thing. The thought of not paying, and ruining that wouldn’t even cross my mind.

Say what?  I pay early.  We’re talking 50-100 bucks here. I’m not in Jalen roses 100k league

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m completing my last two drafts in the Drafters Best Ball Million. 150 entries. $3,000. 3,000 picks. I’m thoroughly exhausted but I’m glad I did it. There should be overlay. It’s at 39,000 entries out of 50,000 needed for Drafters to break even. 20% overlay. 
 

Oh and I get a free t-shirt for drafting the maximum 150 teams. 😂

Edited by Irieguy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...