2022 Texans: That’s the Power of Lovie

The Earl of Texas

46 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Haha all of you terrified the Texans would take a QB should be pumped. Hopefully the ‘just draft Caleb Williams next year’ crowd will learn that being a dogshit, terrible team doesn’t mean you’re going to be in a position to draft the guy you want…

This is how I feel (they should not take any qb at #1 this year), but now I’m scared they will burn a #2 or #3 to Chicago to move back up to #1 and take a QB anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

This is how I feel (they should not take any qb at #1 this year), but now I’m scared they will burn a #2 or #3 to Chicago to move back up to #1 and take a QB anyway. 

If they did that when all they had to do is lose this game it will be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

I’m sure I’m way overreacting and the number 2 pick might work out better. Any reason why the bears wouldn’t pick Young? Justin fields isn’t even any good? Why wouldn’t they want young?

Fields has potential but his line, playcalling, and WRs didn’t do him any favors this year. No way we(Bears) will take a QB. I honestly would like to trade back and get an additional 1st and future 2nd rd pick. Will Anderson just doesn’t move the needle for me. The UGA D-tackle is all potential but need to do more research on him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's hard to imagine just looking at the Bears by record, but Fields made significant progress this year, and showed a lot. Frankly, many other young QBs would have been irreparably damaged goods by now if they went through what he did. That team/city/franchise is just so in love with their defensive history and treats the offense like a step-child and it shows. No, Fields is safe for now, the office needs to build around him and for him. This is a QB's league and they need to recognize that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Not a middle finger from Lovie or anyone. Coaches and players have salaries, and on top of salaries they get performance incentives and are always auditioning for their next job - they do not go out and give less than their best, mostly.

Tanking is the GMs job - assemble a roster and coach bad enough that makes winning extremely difficult. Caserio did that. We needed a Pick-six, three turnover first half, a 4th and 13 conversion and a 4th and 20 conversion, and a Hail Mary, and a 2 point conversion to win…. Think about that…

A fucking disaster that we won, but we did what was necessary for the tank. I’m good to get rid of Caserio FWIW.

“I can factually keep pointing out that it’s unheard of in the NFL for a first-time GM with a 6-26-1 record to burn through the starting QB that he drafted and two HCs before year three begins. In the real world, Caserio would be canned with Smith.”

I hope this fucker never has another job in the NFL.

Feeling like Caserio and Lovie will both be gone, based on general chatter of the so called experts in the NFL. Would make for a fun offseason, at least.

Are they already getting rid of casserio? That’s crazy. He has been rebuilding it fine so far.

Who would they get? Bring back the preacher

Just now, Updawg said:

Are they already getting rid of casserio? That’s crazy. He has been rebuilding it fine so far.

Just Shefter and the like suggesting they hear chatter of Nick being in as hot of water as Lovie. No clue if that is true but Shefty always gets fed info like that to leak and test the general waters before teams make moves.

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

The coaches he hired have been an abomination and his first round picks leave a lot to be desired. Stingley over Sauce was dumb from day 1.

5 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Why would either one of them do that?

Because a couple years back the 49’s traded 3 first round picks to move up to get Trey Lance….  If the Texans actually want Bryce Young they might have lost him with that game and the Bears might gain a few picks. 

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Because a couple years back the 49’s traded 3 first round picks to move up to get Trey Lance….  If the Texans actually want Bryce Young they might have lost him with that game and the Bears might gain a few picks. 

Why would Lovie Smith (who knew he was getting fired) or Davis Mills (who knew he had no future as a starter in Houston) give a fuck about that?