Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Not good enough today. 

Probably not good enough to win it. 

Let's see what Arch has. 

He played terribly in the first quarter, but he also did play well enough to win the game. His last real drive ended in points and the lead. The defense fucked us. 

8 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Funny, pregame Sark was saying Quinn’s confidence was the biggest difference this year

I heard something in the broadcast today about Quinn saying he met with a team doctor on Thursday to discuss his fear of failure.  Anybody else catch that?

• Like 1

I heard something in the broadcast today about Quinn saying he met with a team doctor on Thursday to discuss his fear of failure.  Anybody else catch that?

Yep. And it tracks. He’s not an alpha extrovert. He feels the weight of the expectations and he’s still learning how to handle it.

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Yea, met with a sports psychologist. Nothing special really. A lot of pros do it.

Edited by Hank_Hill

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea, met with a sports psychologist. Nothing special really.

Glad he's dealing with it.  Not an uncommon fear, and I'd guess at that level of football, it's something a lot of players deal with. 

Edited by dcbc

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not good enough today. 

Let's see what Arch has. 

You’re normally a solid poster. This is an awful fucking take, man. Quinn had a bad two drives and then played lights out. If there is something to be pissed about it’s not this. You think arch is going to play better? 

Take a play or two off and put your phone down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

Glad he's dealing with it.  Not an uncommon fear, and I'd guess at that level of football, it's pretty pervasive. 

Based on his press responses and overall improved composure this year (idiot takes saying otherwise aside) he’s probably been doing it all offseason.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea, met with a sports psychologist. Nothing special really. A lot of pros do it.

Probably needs to enlist the sports psychologist the Musers have on their program, Dr. Carlton Maxwell I believe

Edited by Dilligas

27 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Totally different players. Rattler suffers from being supremely over confident. Quinn suffers from a lack of confidence.

Possibly true, but the net result is that both are erratic as hell about halfway through, while showing glimpses of why they were highly regarded. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not good enough today. 

Let's see what Arch has. 

Goddamn you people need to chill the fuck out. 

31 minutes ago, troph said:

Jesus he was 31-37 for over 300 yards led us from behind and the only play that hurt us was the first INT. 

For real. For an extended stretch he went 23-24 for 300+yards. 

As disappointed as I am this game feels eerily reminiscent of when Sam told them to take the loss, pussy. But they had a better team and when we played again OU won the Big 12. I see the same thing happening again this year in our favor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Noozak said:

You’re normally a solid poster. This is an awful fucking take, man. Quinn had a bad two drives and then played lights out. If there is something to be pissed about it’s not this. You think arch is going to play better? 

Take a play or two off and put your phone down. 

Quinn threw two picks in the 1Q and we never recovered from that. 

This team could still win a national championship - I think they're that good - but we can absolutely upgrade at QB. 

I think Arch is going to make a lot of you realize how limited we are with Quinn. 

• Hook 'Em 3

This team could still win a national championship - I think they're that good - but we can absolutely upgrade at QB. 
I think Arch is going to make a lot of you realize how limited we are with Quinn. 

We never recovered? We had the lead with just over a minute left. We definitely recovered from the turnovers. Shit, maybe if Sark had put the ball in Quinn’s hands on 3rd and 9, we would have won the fucking game.

Go take a walk or something man.

Just now, ztejas said:

C’mon man, we did recover. I’m pissed too but this isn’t it. Quinn finished 31/37. The defense didn’t play well enough to win. If you want to blame the offense for anything it was the penalties. Quinn’s turnovers resulted in 7 points. Sark’s call on 3rd and 9 was soft as hell, the defensive playcalling on the last drive was soft as hell, and the team had way too many missed tackles and penalties. AD mitchell had a shit game. There is plenty to be mad about but Quinn is not it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, dcbc said:

If you aren’t talking to a sports psychologist these days you’re doing it wrong. Listen to Pete Carroll talk about the mental game, the difference between the good and the great is all mental. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm just glad we have a functional passing QB for the 1st time since Colt.  It's a low standard....but the past 14 years have sucked.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is where I'm at ( I think) QE isn't bad but it's not like he's great. We play QBs week in week out I would trade for straight up.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Of course this team is scary good guy would say that. News flash - the lines got fucking beat all day. OU drove 75 yards in a minute. This team is not scary good. 

12 minutes ago, Noozak said:

Quinn’s turnovers resulted in 7 points.

How many potential points did they take off the board for us?  Also, just because OU didn't score on each turnover, it gave them more opportunities on offense and wears out our D more.  Quinn didn't lose the game for us, but doing things like trying to truck a defender when you're 5 yards short of the sticks and coughing up the ball isn't going to help.  If he slides there, he probably gets hit late and there's a 48% chance the refs call the penalty.  Credit on his 2nd half passing, though.

Edited by OU Sucks

2 minutes ago, Noozak said:

C’mon man, we did recover. I’m pissed too but this isn’t it. Quinn finished 31/37. The defense didn’t play well enough to win. If you want to blame the offense for anything it was the penalties. Quinn’s turnovers resulted in 7 points. Sark’s call on 3rd and 9 was soft as hell, the defensive playcalling on the last drive was soft as hell, and the team had way too many missed tackles and penalties. AD mitchell had a shit game. There is plenty to be mad about but Quinn is not it.

I don't think Ewers is our ceiling. You have me fucked up.

I think we can win a national championship with Ewers under center. This season. 

I also think that we can upgrade at the position. I'll be shocked if Arch isn't better. I'm sorry that some of you get so fucking offended at that idea.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, RichUT said:

33ae5a579546f67a70c8070d441ebef3.jpg

So when it was 30-27 with 1:17 left, we in fact were NOT in the lead?

My bad - you're right.

4 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Of course this team is scary good guy would say that. News flash - the lines got fucking beat all day. OU drove 75 yards in a minute. This team is not scary good. 

I expect us to win out and make the CFP.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, troph said:

If you aren’t talking to a sports psychologist these days you’re doing it wrong. Listen to Pete Carroll talk about the mental game, the difference between the good and the great is all mental. 

Yeah, as someone who listened to an audiobook with his then-thirteen year old called Zen Tennis, I get that.  I just never have heard it mentioned in a broadcast before. 

3 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

How many potential points did they take off the board for us?  Quinn didn't lose the game for us, but doing things like trying to truck a defender when you're 5 yards short of the sticks and coughing up the ball isn't going to help.  If he slides there, he probably gets hit late and there's a 48% chance the refs call the penalty.

This is a fair point. I’m not sure I have a good response for you. So many things contributed to the loss though. My point is that this is bigger than just Quinn. Defense SHOULD have stepped up, but didn’t. Special teams should have stepped up, but didn’t.  Clean up the mess in Texas wins by two scores. That’s what makes this shit so frustrating. 

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think we can win a national championship with Ewers under center. This season. 

I also think that we can upgrade at the position. I'll be shocked if Arch isn't better. I'm sorry that some of you get so fucking offended at that idea.

I can agree with this. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The staff clearly thinks he isn’t better today. There is a clear difference between what ewers does for this team and Arch does for next years team. I hope to god Arch is better than Quinn. That doesn’t mean Quinn isn’t good? I’m not sure what you’re getting at here. We were talking about Quinn being good enough to win today, not Arch being good enough to win next year. Don’t move the goal posts 

22 minutes ago, Noozak said:

This is a fair point. I’m not sure I have a good response for you. So many things contributed to the loss though. My point is that this is bigger than just Quinn. Defense SHOULD have stepped up, but didn’t. Special teams should have stepped up, but didn’t.  Clean up the mess in Texas wins by two scores. That’s what makes this shit so frustrating. 

For real how many times are we going to extend drives running into punters before the coaches do something about it? I've never seen a team that does it so much since Sark/Banks got here. A lot of blocks too but jeez.

Also just fair catch the damn kickoffs against good teams who have equal athletes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Noozak said:

The staff clearly thinks he isn’t better today. There is a clear difference between what ewers does for this team and Arch does for next years team. I hope to god Arch is better than Quinn. That doesn’t mean Quinn isn’t good? I’m not sure what you’re getting at here. We were talking about Quinn being good enough to win today, not Arch being good enough to win next year. Don’t move the goal posts 

Holy shit dude read what I'm posting. I never said we should bench Quinn. You're the one making up that argument in your head. 

What I'm saying is that Arch next season is probably going to blow a lot of you away. Quinn is fine. I actually think he's better than that - I think he gives us a decent chance at winning a national championship this season. Yes - this season. 

I think a RS frosh Arch wins this game going away. I don't think he dicks around and throws two picks in the 1Q. I think he's that fucking good - and I think that the standard for QB play at Texas should be very high. 

Vince doesn't lose this game today. Colt doesn't lose this game today. That's the fucking point. This is Texas. This isn't aggy or Baylor or Tech. You show up to win the fucking game. You don't show up and throw 2 picks in your first 9 attempts. That isn't what this is about. 

Your mileage might vary. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, KeysPhoneWallet said:

and that’s with the two early picks.

That's the entire FUCKING POINT.

Angry Atp Tour GIF by Tennis TV1

God fucking dammit why the fuck does this kid get a fucking pass for everything with you people. He fucked up today. It's okay. We have more games to play. But he was absolutely a huge fucking part of the problem. Jesus fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I watched Casey fucking Thompson hang 70 on Tech with Sark pulling the strings. Quinn fucks the game off before it even gets started then he plays well and he's somehow above fucking criticism. 

God fucking dammit I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. That shit is not our standard and it shouldn't be going forward.