SAS Rogue Heroes

Orale

This is a great series on Prime about the SAS beginnings in WW2 in North Africa. It's got humor, action, and a great story. The cast is spot on. I don't know how accurate it is, but it's fun to watch. I'm a sucker for anything WW2. Unfortunately they only release one episode per week and currently have three up.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

It's funny when the British fellate themselves for all of their glorious WWII accomplishments.  

Maybe but the SAS was partly  responsible for getting the Brits to stop seeing war a gentlemanly.   And it's a precursor to the special forces of today.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/3/2022 at 2:43 PM, tx 3 putt said:

In, as soon as I can watch all episodes at once 

On 12/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, RPM said:

You can also find all 6 S1 episodes on mirror sites like Fmovies. 

Enjoy. It's a fun, very addictive ride. S2 gonna be the shit.

Great show.  There is also a 3 part documentary on Amazon called SAS Rogue Warriors that is good.  I am also going to get the book the show is based on.  Paddy Mayne was apparently pretty close to being as crazy as portrayed.

Edited by kevwun

On 12/7/2022 at 1:24 PM, RPM said:

Just a bump so maybe more people will notice this. It's outfuckingstanding! Only 6 episodes in S1. You can find them if you know where to look.

Say No More Look Into My Eyes GIF - Say No More Look Into My Eyes Nudge  Nudge - Discover & Share GIFs

Just finding out about this series. Sounds like something I am going to have to check out as it is right up my alley of things to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, kevwun said:

There's enough source material for at least a couple more seasons I think.

North Africa, maybe.   But once they moved into Italy they kind of devolved into light infantry.   Not nearly as interesting as the long range patrols and raids in Libya.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

PSA: I was scrolling over to Prime to watch a new Jack Ryan or two before going to bed and saw that SAS Rogue Heroes is available as part of a “Free Trial” if you’re a Prime member. I watched the first episode last night and plan to rush thru them while the trial remains in effect.

UPDATE: It looks like it will be available for another week or so but it's only the first two episodes. Found that out the hard way when I tried to watch the third episode last night. I wound up adding MGM+/EPIX to my DTV plan for $5.99/month.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...

'Bigger and better': Filming begins on SAS Rogue Heroes season two

Filming has begun on the second series of the BBC's popular SAS Rogue Heroes, and its original cast will be returning for more dangerous missions.

The hit drama, which tells the story of the Special Air Service’s founding members, will see Jack O’Connell return as Paddy Mayne, Connor Swindells as David Stirling, Sofia Boutella as Eve Mansour, and Dominic West as Dudley Clarke.

Based on Ben Macintyre's best-selling book of the same name, the series dramatises the origins of the famous special forces regiment during the Second World War.

The cast will also welcome Gwilym Lee as David Stirling's brother Bill, and Con O'Neill as General Montgomery.

The first series of SAS Rogue Heroes attracted an audience of nearly ten million viewers.

Filming for the second series is taking place in the UK and Croatia.

The story picks up in the spring of 1943 with David Stirling in captivity and Paddy Mayne taking over as commander of the regiment.

Series creator, writer and executive producer Steven Knight is also known for the series Peaky Blinders starring Cillian Murphy and Taboo with Tom Hardy.

He said: "It's so good to be back in the wild world of the SAS so soon.

"The second chapter is even more incredible than the first and we hope to do justice to the brave men and women whose story we are telling."  

Lindsay Salt, director of BBC Drama said: "Series one dazzled millions of viewers across the country with its swagger, action-packed set pieces and wit, winning a whole legion of fans in the process.

"Series two goes bigger and better to prove that Steven Knight and the team were just getting started - we can't wait to welcome the Rogue Heroes back to the BBC."

The second series of SAS Rogue Heroes is expected to air in 2024.  

• Hook 'Em 1