USMNT 2023

ztejas

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

Damn, but appreciate the commitment.

that guy has 600 something followers, follows 3x more people than he has followers and zero of the USMNT accounts i follow follow him.

oh yeah, and his pinned tweet is about COVID from March 2020.

27 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

false made-up bullshit or bad decision making bullshit?

made up i believe.

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

I'm sure that poster is jumping the gun a bit but there does seem to be growing sentiment that he sticks around. 

https://www.leedsunited.news/news/phil-hay-hints-that-leeds-could-persuade-30m-star-to-stay-despite-villa-interest/

Phil Hay has hinted on The Square Ball podcast that Leeds United hold some hope in being able to persuade Tyler Adams to stay at Elland Road this summer – despite interest from Aston Villa, with Adams still not fully recovered.

Adams, 24, is one of the names in the Leeds squad that is generating interest this summer. Plenty of clubs have been linked. A number of Premier League clubs. Hay says on the podcast that Villa want to sign the USA skipper.

There have been wavering reports in terms of a transfer fee. BolaVip report that he has a £30m release clause in his contract. But with less than a month until the start of the season, Adams still remains a Leeds player right now.

Hay gave an update on his future on Friday. He stated that Villa are interested – but hinted that Leeds might have more chance of keeping the American at Elland Road, than they would with the likes of Jack Harrison or Rodrigo.

“They’d absolutely love him to stay. The thing is with Adams, he obviously had this hamstring operation, he isn’t fully fit at this stage. Although, Leeds would be hoping he would be for the start of the season,” Hay told TSB podcast.

“They would love him to be the focal point. There does seem to be – Villa are very keen – that it might be realistic to persuade him to stay, or more so than Rodrigo or Jack Harrison. They would like to put their eggs into that basket.”

And some fluff:

What a huge boost this would be. Perhaps, the injury and his inability to recover fully from it at this stage could help Leeds – given it may prevent a move away from the club until he is fit. He might not be able to pass a medical now.

Adams would be incredible in the Championship. While you look at the likes of Brenden Aaronson, or Luis Sinisterra who may not have the physicality at this level – Adams is the opposite. We keep him, and promotion is in our grasp.

Edited by ztejas

Huge, if true. Hope Classics do the right thing and put it back into the club to benefit the kids they serve.

So my wife manages a soccer club up here and the amount they gift into low income families and refugees is huge. $180,000 could serve thousands of families over the next decade while they still rake in a shit ton of money.
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Wtf is Landon going on about here?

Landon is like Iverson. He felt that it only mattered how you played in games. He didn’t want to talk about practice. He didn’t jibe with the Euro mindset, especially the Germans’ mindset. 

Landon has shown over the last 12-16 months that it hasn’t mattered how (or if) he was playing with Chelsea, he was good to go in games. 

But even that Max Bretos has said that Pulisic could probably make TWICE as much money if he came back to the MLS right now. 

His team would pay him over $10M/yr and then his endorsement possibilities would at least match that. And he would definitely be playing every week. 

I think that he wouldn’t be as sharp, because play is slower.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Landon is like Iverson. He felt that it only mattered how you played in games. He didn’t want to talk about practice. He didn’t jibe with the Euro mindset, especially the Germans’ mindset. 

Landon has shown over the last 12-16 months that it hasn’t mattered how (or if) he was playing with Chelsea, he was good to go in games. 

But even that Max Bretos has said that Pulisic could probably make TWICE as much money if he came back to the MLS right now. 

His team would pay him over $10M/yr and then his endorsement possibilities would at least match that. And he would definitely be playing every week. 

I think that he wouldn’t be as sharp, because play is slower.

If he wasn't an American the idea of him going to MLS would be absurd.

That said - we aren't far off at all from $20-$25M players either going to MLS or staying. Driussi could have gone for 15+ this last window and elected to stay. But Pulisic is still 24. It will be several years at least before young players like him are attracted to MLS over continuing to play at the highest level in Europe. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Youth soccer here is shit it’s worse than select baseball . Pay to play is what has killed the sport 

re-written: p2p is still a problem but in the past 10 years mls owners finally decided to spend money on development academies so instead of 1 (Bradenton) we have "many" and several of very high quality, obviously FCD seems to be leading the pack

15 minutes ago, The Dog said:

🔵🔴 Sergiño Dest, in the orbit of the Premier League

➡️ In England they point out that Fulham and Crystal Palace are interested in the right-back and do not even rule out United

Obviously we all want Fulham so that we have as many national team players playing together as possible. Like Bayern Munich over most of the last 30 years up until recently and Spain in 2008-12, which had over half the starting lineup pulled directly from Barcelona.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Good.  In watching many of his games, he didn't seem to fit Leeds' system very well.  Nothing against Leeds or BA.  Some just don't "fit" well in certain places.

Calling anything they did a "system" is being generous. 

• Haha 1

I just spent 7 hours at Schlitterbahn with my company I am fucking fried. Less fried than the dude that was throwing up all over our reserved tables before I left. 

Fuck Canada let's put these pussies in their place tonight.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Interesting story about McGraw there. Wasn't expecting the Canada roster to have a West Point grad.

Why? 
we look shitty and Bryan Reynolds getting touches in the counter isn’t great 

Edited by Zepol87

Just now, Zepol87 said:

Guess a little of both

Just wasn't expecting a guy serving in the US Army (or Army reserves in his case) to be playing for a different national team.

Futbol-wise it makes sense as he probably wasn't going to called up to USMNT anytime soon.

His mom is Canadian, so his Portland teammates encouraged him to reach out and think about switching to Canada

• Hook 'Em 1