USMNT 2023

ztejas

13 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Shit all the breweries have gone out of business up there. Rock Rose baby!

That does suck.  Hopsquad used to be my pregame stop, but that place is going to be assholes and elbows and I have no desire to fight that nonsense.  It was bad enough before.  Might have to switch up to ABW.  Need to scout out the parking situation around there as I usually bike the last mile from pre-game to the stadium.

15 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Shit all the breweries have gone out of business up there. Rock Rose baby!

Seriously, what has happened over the last few months to force all of those breweries in that area to close? I loved 4th Tap. Oskar Blues wasn't my favorite beer, but the fact that it was so big meant seating was never an issue.

5 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Seriously, what has happened over the last few months to force all of those breweries in that area to close? I loved 4th Tap. Oskar Blues wasn't my favorite beer, but the fact that it was so big meant seating was never an issue.

(In my opinion) Circle signed its death warrant when it decided to move HQ to Elgin.  There is some 20/20 hindsight there because they didn’t know about Q2 when they pulled the trigger ok that decision AFAIK.  But even still that always seemed like a dumb decision for a business with those margins to take on that kind of capital commitment. 

Seems they could have managed to maintain a nice little business with a lot less overhead had they stayed out and taken advantage of Q2.  

On 11/9/2023 at 11:43 AM, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.223f4a97c7d36bf5b33dc0402379443a.png

We haven't chatted much about this roster. As a whole I like it.

Though, given the injuries to Pulisic and Weah I gotta wonder if maybe this isn't time to give some minutes to Cowell? And I really would like to see Pefok get back in this lineup.

18 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

From the plates in the background, they are already in Texas. Where is the camp?

Shocking news!  The new USWNT manager is making the exact same base as ggg ($1.6 million).  This is the real reason the USMNT had to hire ggg.  The budget for the USMNT manager was artificially constrained by equal pay concerns and we couldn't afford a real manager because of the compensation limitations.  

• Rage+1 3

US beats Burkina Faso 2-1 in men’s WC U17. Second consecutive game where the opponent looks way more dangerous than the US. 

Plays France next to finish bracket play. France leading Korea 1-0 at the half. If france wins or ties then US makes it to elimination round no matter US-France result.

US games have been on fs1 and others on fs2. With yttv just hit the button to record the tournament and then watch at your leisure. 

1 hour ago, dogbreath said:

US beats Burkina Faso 2-1 in men’s WC U17. Second consecutive game where the opponent looks way more dangerous than the US. 

Plays France next to finish bracket play. France leading Korea 1-0 at the half. If france wins or ties then US makes it to elimination round no matter US-France result.

US games have been on fs1 and others on fs2. With yttv just hit the button to record the tournament and then watch at your leisure. 

FUCK BURKINA FASO!!!

…and their fucking bullshit!!

I’m sick of their fucking shit! It’s about time we fucked them in the ass!

FUCK!!!

• Haha 1

Though I see Thomas Rongen as a soccer combo of mixing:

1 part Bill Walton

1 part Gregg Berhalter

10 parts Red Bull

1 part Xaviera Hollander

If you can tolerate his energy, this video has a couple of interesting anecdotes of how he discovered Clint Dempsey & Charlie Davies at the start of it. 

GAME DAY, BITCHES!!

1) Where does a person park for the game?

-Nearby?

-Park & Ride?

I’ll be coming in mid afternoon from the “Metroplex”.

2) Will there be pregaming?

I have not even been to a football game in years. Our fantasy draft was in Dripping Springs, but I think that the last time I drove through Austin was February before COVID.

I might as well be from out of state. I keep melding my memory of the TJ’s just off the west end of Lady Bird Lake with a grocery store in Knoxville near the Tennessee campus that I have been to once in my life.

I've parked at Lala's and taken the bus to Q2 - that's quite easy.  Think the route is 803 and it comes every 15-20 minutes.  Bonus beer on either end is nice.

2207 Justin Lane > Q2 Stadium https://www.capmetro.org/planner

Personally, I throw my bike on the rack, drive up to Braker/Metric, park in the business lots up there and ride to the stadium.  The bike valet at the stadium is the shit - free, so a $5 tip is easy enough and I only have to walk 100yds (maybe) to my seat.

• Hook 'Em 1