Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

4 hours ago, Satchel said:

Chuckle. Beard did better than most, but he was part of a pretty good program in Lubbock:

https://x.com/JonRothstein/status/1757254326504816834?s=20

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Last three tech coaches have won big 12 CotY.  Mccasland would be #4

that tweet is actually making my point for me. praising TTU for having four consecutive coaching simply making the tourney really amplifies what Beard did with that program, essentially overnight:

IMG_8564.thumb.jpeg.9f7cdcea325988653670e84ea1562657.jpeg

you remove beard’s teams from this graphic and the program has made the S16 three times since 1976 (with beard being partly responsible for one of those times), and zero tourney runs beyond that. he took them to the elite 8 and then the national title game in his second and third years there. bob knight and tubby smith couldn’t sniff his success in his short time there. TTU Basketvall has been around for 98 years, and yet chris beard did more in his 2nd and 3rd years there than the entire program has done outside those two years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that tweet is actually making my point for me. praising TTU for having four consecutive coaching simply making the tourney really amplifies what Beard did with that program, essentially overnight:

IMG_8564.thumb.jpeg.9f7cdcea325988653670e84ea1562657.jpeg

you remove beard’s teams from this graphic and the program has made the S16 three times since 1976 (with beard being partly responsible for one of those times), and zero tourney runs beyond that. he took them to the elite 8 and then the national title game in his second and third years there. bob knight and tubby smith couldn’t sniff his success in his short time there. TTU Basketvall has been around for 98 years, and yet chris beard did more in his 2nd and 3rd years there than the entire program has done outside those two years. 

4 big 12 coach of the years.   Also I don’t remember a lot of nba talent from last years fau and sdsu teams. Or those Illinois Chicago teams that made it deep?  Same with jmu and vcu?

Chris’s first team here was preseason top five because they were talented.  

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you keep saying this, insinuating that chris beard is no better in the tourney than shaka smart is, when that couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Shaka’s career and tourney accomplishments:

•2010- CBI champ

•2011- Final Four with worst at-large team ever (and the pinnacle of his tourney career)

•2012- second round as a 12 seed

•2013- second round loss by 25 pts in a 4/5 game

•2014- 1st round loss to SFA as a 5 seed

•2015- 1st round loss as a 7 seed

•2016- 1st round loss to Northern Iowa as a 6 seed

•2017- finished last in the big xii, missed the tourney

•2018- blew 14 point second half lead in 1st round loss to nevada 

•2019- won the NIT

•2020- would have missed the tourney barring a conference tourney title 

•2021- lost to ACU in the worst tourney performance i’ve ever seen 

•2022- lost by 28 in an 8 vs 9 matchup 

•2023- lost by 9 in second round as a 2 seed

vs

Chris Beard career and tourney accomplishments:

•2016: beat (kenpom no.9) purdue as a 12 seed with UALR coming off a terrible season with a patchwork roster comprised of transfers 

•2017: no postseason in first year at TTU

•2018: Elite 8

2019: national runner up, loss in OT to no.1 overall seed

2020: no tourney due to pandemic 

2021: made second round as a 6 seed

2022: won Texas’s first tourney game since 2014 with a patchwork roster that was built in three months

shaka smart has as many tourney wins since 2011 as chris beard got in his second year/first tourney at TTU. but yeah, they’re basically the same guy. 🙄 

Tech was 18-13 in 2020, a game behind Texas.  So like Texas, they would’ve “missed the tourney barring a conference tourney title” as well

34 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

4 big 12 coach of the years.   Also I don’t remember a lot of nba talent from last years fau and sdsu teams. Or those Illinois Chicago teams that made it deep?  Same with jmu and vcu?

Chris’s first team here was preseason top five because they were talented.  

huh? the tweet to which i am referring is from that other poster where the tweet highlights that four consecutive TTU coaches have made the tourney, with his contention being that TTU is a good program and that Beard wasn’t particularly special there.

25 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Last years final four teams:

UConn - Jordan Hawkins -14th

miami - isiah Wong - 55th

sdsu - didn’t see anyone drafted

fau - don’t see anyone drafted.  

ok. what’s that got to do with this conversation?

18 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Tech was 18-13 in 2020, a game behind Texas.  So like Texas, they would’ve “missed the tourney barring a conference tourney title” as well

TTU was no.21 in kenpom while Texas was no.61. according to bracketmatrix TTU was in and Texas was out:

IMG_8568.thumb.jpeg.64e7a3e261c0bc865d32269d541e89ab.jpeg

Edited by shadow_operative

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

huh? the tweet to which i am referring is from that other poster where the tweet highlights that four consecutive TTU coaches have made the tourney, with his contention being that TTU is a good program and that Beard wasn’t particularly special there.

ok. what’s that got to do with this conversation?

TTU was no.21 in kenpom while Texas was no.61. according to bracketmatrix TTU was in and Texas was out:

IMG_8568.thumb.jpeg.64e7a3e261c0bc865d32269d541e89ab.jpeg

In the words of Coach Royal, potential means you haven’t done it yet. So, yes. Beard has the potential to be great. Let’s see.

And the Tech program has been pretty good for awhile now.

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

In the words of Coach Royal, potential means you haven’t done it yet. So, yes. Beard has the potential to be great. Let’s see.

And the Tech program has been pretty good for awhile now.

yeah no disrespect to the program, it’s just that what Beard did there is special. it would be special at 98% of programs. you’ve been able to draw coaches like knight, tubby, beard, and macalsand for a long time now, you’ve been competitive in the big xii, and your arena/fan base make lubbock a really tough place to play. TTU is totally a respectable program, just not the kind where you expect to hire a new coach and then win a combined 8 tourney games in years two and three. maybe at KU or UNC that wouldn’t be such a huge deal, but at TTU it defintely is. hell, what he did at Texas was a huge deal imo, and he didn’t even last two years. he’s just a special coach, and if he can stay out of trouble then time will prove him to be irrefutably elite, imo anyway.

2 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

I think Chris Beard reads this thread and laughs his ass off. 

We are like Lane Meyers crying over Beth from Better off Dead.
Every time we hear of a school wanting to get with Beth it is going to drive us over the edge.

He can laugh all he wants.  No biting though

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

uhm weren’t you the one talking about shakas talent level vs Chris’s?

yes, in response to your boy “facts not feelings” morgantownhorn erroneously claiming that four players from beard’s first Texas team went to the nba. i pointed out to your now strangely silent PIC that shaka’s final Texas team had four nba players and that beard’s first Texas team had zero. 

vitriol? lol do you know what that word means? you did your normal combative thing mr.”facts not feelings”, and i simply pointed out that you were wrong (and you neg repped me for it lol). for someone who spends 80% of his posts talking shit you sure do have mighty thin skin. congrats on the active life though lol.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I try to ignore your constant personal attacks and not engage in the back and forth you so clearly desire

this is the literal opposite of reality. you bend over backwards to seek me out and start shit, and everyone here (except you) knows it. i’ve been publicly asking you to stop for years. multiple people have pm’d me about your hard on for me, encouraging me to ignore you since you so clearly cannot stop yourself. it’s frankly hard to believe that you actually believe what you’re typing.

for the record, i don’t ever engage you first- as in never. it’s you starting bullshit with me 100% of the time. you are free to stop it any time you choose. stop crying like a little victim and just leave me alone from now on. problem solved.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Beard had some NBA talent at Tech. Zhaire Smith went #16 in 2018. And then Jarrett Culver went #6 in 2019. And Jahmi'us Ramsey was a 2nd rounder in 2020.

They haven’t done much in the NBA but they were drafted highly.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

this is the literal opposite of reality. you bend over backwards to seek me out and start shit, and everyone here (except you) knows it. i’ve been publicly asking you to stop for years. multiple people have pm’d me about your hard on for me, encouraging me to ignore you since you so clearly cannot stop yourself. it’s frankly hard to believe that you actually believe what you’re typing.

for the record, i don’t ever engage you first- as in never. it’s you starting bullshit with me 100% of the time. you are free to stop it any time you choose. stop crying like a little victim and just leave me alone from now on. problem solved.

Again there’s simply no need for this. Just stop. I’m not writing paragraphs about you

2 hours ago, HookEm said:

Beard had some NBA talent at Tech. Zhaire Smith went #16 in 2018. And then Jarrett Culver went #6 in 2019. And Jahmi'us Ramsey was a 2nd rounder in 2020.

They haven’t done much in the NBA but they were drafted highly.

Yes.  And let’s give Chris credit for recruiting and developing talent.   However I don’t get the narrative of he didn’t have talent his first year here.  Preseason top 5 for a reason and NIL was helpful.   
As I pointed out in another post, techs last three coaches have won big 12 coty.  

47 minutes ago, Pancho said:

How about you both stop. It’s getting really fucking old watching you 2 go back and forth ruining threads in the process.

image.gif.7f1c510c89467e311bd06252fdd30e92.gif

But really, @immamac needs to create an exception in the site contents that these two can’t respond to each other. Regardless of who is starting shit over and over again. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

59 minutes ago, Pancho said:

And the Shaka thread? I’m on board…Both threads are equally stupid

Sounds like your browser needs attention. Start by emptying out your cache. That should stop taking you to this stupid thread and posting here without your consent. If that doesn't work, try replacing your laptop. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

And the Shaka thread? I’m on board…Both threads are equally stupid

The Mack Brown one too. It’s just basically bumped every week during the fall with the dancing gif lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

How about you both stop. It’s getting really fucking old watching you 2 go back and forth ruining threads in the process.

4 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

image.gif.7f1c510c89467e311bd06252fdd30e92.gif

But really, @immamac needs to create an exception in the site contents that these two can’t respond to each other. Regardless of who is starting shit over and over again. 

like i’ve said here for years, i do not ever engage him first. ever. you guys don’t like this dynamic? call out the guy who you know for a fact seeks me out over andover and over and over. i never seek him out, but you cannot expect me to ignore every single one of his countless posts towards me, particularly when he’s a)always talking shit and b)always uninformed. 

when i was an educator and one kid would not stop fucking with another kid we didn’t punish both kids, we told the antagonistic shithead to leave the other kid alone. 

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Just so we can end the stupidity about smart v beard.  Smart has 1 final four and no EE in 14 years as a D1 head coach.  Beard has 1 FF and 1 EE in 8 years.

shaka smart tourney wins since his FF run 13 years ago: three

chris beard wins in his first ever tourney appearance at tech: three

the two are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to coaching in the tourney. even rick barnes has been better than shaka since 2011, despite his own teams continuing to underachieve in the tourney. matt painter might be the only bigger choke artist than shaka smart.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

Just so we can end the stupidity about smart v beard.  Smart has 1 final four and no EE in 14 years as a D1 head coach.  Beard has 1 FF and 1 EE in 8 years.

My point was not Shaka vs Beard. My point was the Beard does not have a strong enough record to call him a “tourney dynamo” at this point in time 

People thought Shaka was a tourney dynamo when we hired him too. Time has proven that to be incorrect. We’ll see what happens with Beard 

6 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

My point was not Shaka vs Beard. My point was the Beard does not have a strong enough record to call him a “tourney dynamo” at this point in time 

People thought Shaka was a tourney dynamo when we hired him too. Time has proven that to be incorrect. We’ll see what happens with Beard 

he’s won 71% of his tourney games at basketball powerhouses Arkansas Little Rock, Texas Tech, and Texas. here’s every coach with a better win% with 5+ tourney appearances:

Coach K

Roy Williams

Coach Cal

Bill Self

thats it. that’s the list. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, MotownHorn said:

someone thought Shaka was a tourney dynamo?  Those people are idiots and shouldn't be in charge of hiring coaches.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

someone thought Shaka was a tourney dynamo?  Those people are idiots and shouldn't be in charge of hiring coaches.

Why do you think we hired him in the first place?

He was certainly thought of as a great coach with tourney success when we hired him. 

42 minutes ago, immamac said:

Are we talking about ole miss or Chris Beard in here or what?

yes we are talking about how Chris Beard is a tourney dynamo and has fucking Ole Miss, one of the worst basketball programs ever, on the bubble, but someone keeps thinking that Shaka is comparable and our idiots in the AD at the time hired him after 4 years and 2 wins and 2 consecutive first round exits.

can you change the title to say woman abuser Chris Beard, well known Tourney Dynamo and similar to Shaka Smart, has been hired at Mississippi?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Why do you think we hired him in the first place?

He was certainly thought of as a great coach with tourney success when we hired him. 

You mean Steve Patterson thought…

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

shaka smart tourney wins since his FF run 13 years ago: three

chris beard wins in his first ever tourney appearance at tech: three

the two are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to coaching in the tourney. even rick barnes has been better than shaka since 2011, despite his own teams continuing to underachieve in the tourney. matt painter might be the only bigger choke artist than shaka smart.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if that changes this season. This year's Purdue team is very good. But maybe a spade is a spade.

Edited by MuellerHorn

58 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing if that changes this season. This year's Purdue team is very good. But maybe a spade is a spade.

same. if ever they were going to live up to expectations this should be the team. if painter goes home early with this team, what do you even do with him at that point? 

Fiancé beater needs to start picking up some style points for NET. 3 point win at home against 0-11 South Carolina tonight. Combine that with their 1 point victory against Detroit Mercy earlier this year (yes, the team that just won their first game this week) and 3 point win against Sam Houston State and that might be what keeps their NET from being good enough for the tourney.

25 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Fiancé beater needs to start picking up some style points for NET. 3 point win at home against 0-11 South Carolina tonight. Combine that with their 1 point victory against Detroit Mercy earlier this year (yes, the team that just won their first game this week) and 3 point win against Sam Houston State and that might be what keeps their NET from being good enough for the tourney.

kenpom has them finishing 22-9 (9-9). if that happens they’re in, and he’s a front runner for NCOY.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

kenpom has them finishing 22-9 (9-9). if that happens they’re in, and he’s a front runner for NCOY.

If they finish as KenPom predicts they would have either 1 or 2 Q1 wins depending on how UCF finishes.

That number combined with a NET ranking that would likely be outside the top 50 hasn’t historically gotten teams in. We’ll see.

Edited by Hookem2147

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

If they finish as KenPom predicts they would have either 1 or 2 Q1 wins depending on how UCF finishes.

That number combined with a NET ranking that would likely be outside the top 50 hasn’t historically gotten teams in. We’ll see.

i think that 22 total wins, 9 wins in the second toughest league in america, and beard’s tourney history get them in at that w/l.

• Hook 'Em 1