Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I mean wasn't this even well-known at Tech? 

Yes. Which is probably why he made a big deal out of not drinking during the season his first year here

Anytime someone makes a big deal out of the fact they’re not drinking they probably have issues with alcohol.

https://www.outsider.com/sports/texas-basketball-coach-chris-beard-giving-up-beer-2021-22-season/

• Hook 'Em 1

From The Athletic April 4th. concerning 'Ole Miss hiring a coach former players have accused of physical and sexual abuse: 

"Ole Miss shouldn’t be held up as a moral compass given it’s the same athletic department that hired Chris Beard, who was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence (felony domestic charges were ultimately dismissed), to coach its men’s basketball team and D.J. Durkin — after he was placed on administrative leave and fired by Maryland following the death of one of his players — to assistant coach its football team. McPhee-McCuin has difficult questions to answer about why Hillsman — three years removed from a resignation at Syracuse amid a third-party investigation that found “a concerning number of players and managers” who described “an unhealthy environment and culture” — was the right person for this job."

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

From The Athletic April 4th. concerning 'Ole Miss hiring a coach former players have accused of physical and sexual abuse: 

"Ole Miss shouldn’t be held up as a moral compass given it’s the same athletic department that hired Chris Beard, who was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence (felony domestic charges were ultimately dismissed), to coach its men’s basketball team and D.J. Durkin — after he was placed on administrative leave and fired by Maryland following the death of one of his players — to assistant coach its football team. McPhee-McCuin has difficult questions to answer about why Hillsman — three years removed from a resignation at Syracuse amid a third-party investigation that found “a concerning number of players and managers” who described “an unhealthy environment and culture” — was the right person for this job."

Crazy... thought this was just another joke from TreatyOak.

Former player calls Ole Miss WBB team’s hiring of Quentin Hillsman ‘sickening’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/former-player-calls-ole-miss-wbb-team-s-hiring-of-quentin-hillsman-sickening/ar-BB1l54YC

• Hook 'Em 1

If Beard takes Ole Miss to the Final Four without melting down in some way he might get a different level of consideration.

He's not going to get considered when Ole Miss didn't make the tournament. But the chances of Pope meeting the expectations of Kentucky fans feels pretty slender to me, so he'll get another shot at the job in due time. 

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I've told you morons as long as Top Button is the UK AD, Beard will never get hired, didn't even get looked at along with Pearl and Miller per reports....  Now where's my GD cookie? 

I don't appreciate you coming here and calling us morons. 

Dumb fucks is more appropriate. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I've told you morons as long as Top Button is UK AD, Beard will never get hired, didn't even get looked at along w/Pearl & Miller per reports...

Now where's my GD cookie? 

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Somebody from On3 made a prediction for Pop Isaacs to Ole Miss. 

Nothing like having a fiance-beating head coach paired with a player that likes to sexually assault women. 

Arterio Morris 2.0 for CB

On 4/12/2024 at 3:51 PM, Underdog said:

I've told you morons as long as Top Button is the UK AD, Beard will never get hired, didn't even get looked at along with Pearl and Miller per reports....  Now where's my GD cookie? 

If Beard takes Ole Miss to the Final Four, we'll see if he gets looked at or not the next time the Kentucky job comes open. Unless we're all assuming Mark Pope is just the man to right the ship. 

Of course, we're a long ways away from Ole Miss doing anything significant just yet. 

It's just not much of a prediction when Ole Miss didn't even make the tournament last year. Not much to go on. Miller in much the same situation.