Beer 2023: Y’all still drink or nah?

HenryJames

Went to the Allagash Cellars tasting today at their brewery in Portland, Maine. Allagash White was inspired by Pierre Celis’ beer by the owner and founder of Allagash who went back to Maine after tasting in Austin inspired to make Belgian style beers. Allagash White comprises of of 87 percent of the revenue of Allagash Brewery which is currently the 20th largest craft brewer in the country.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, QuesoEspecial said:

Went to the Allagash Cellars tasting today at their brewery in Portland, Maine. Allagash White was inspired by Pierre Celis’ beer by the owner and founder of Allagash who went back to Maine after tasting in Austin inspired to make Belgian style beers. Allagash White comprises of of 87 percent of the revenue of Allagash Brewery which is currently the 20th largest craft brewer in the country.

Allagash White is delicious, their other Belgian style beers are very good as well.  And I absolutely love Portland, Maine.

1 hour ago, QuesoEspecial said:

If you're still in Portland, I recommend finding Geary's Brewing Co. They are near Alagash.

Fun town, I need to go back soon.

2 hours ago, QuesoEspecial said:

jim carrey disbelief GIF

Minnesota Hockey Beer--- brought some back from my recent Canada trip-
MichelobGoldenLight.thumb.png.f549bc6a52ea4753847b203b42d3ec89.png

When I was like 18 that was considered a delicacy as it was only available in Minnesota (despite being an AB product). It’s now available throughout the Midwest, but I almost never drink it unless I’m in Minnesota
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/23/2023 at 6:59 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

When I was like 18 that was considered a delicacy as it was only available in Minnesota (despite being an AB product). It’s now available throughout the Midwest, but I almost never drink it unless I’m in Minnesota

We drove up from Illinois- fished in Ontario.  Took Yuengling with us, and picked up some LaBatt's Blue for the camp.  Beer in Canada is expensive!  Left an 18 pack of Yuengling with our seaplane pilot- he was happy, as were the ladies in the office.  They like beer.

Grabbed some MGL and Spotted Cow in Wiscy at Target on the way back down.  Still can't decide if MGL is really Mic Ultra or Utra Gold in a different can...

Really is God's Country up there.  Lotta fishermen on this board- Texas lakes and Gulf Coast- that would love to catch smallies, walleye, pike and muskie.  Just need to do it.  You can't beat the weather, or, the scenery.

This is fucking terrible. In case anyone was wondering. Should have done the cursory beeradvocate search - but apparently they have it as an 85.

20230913_200827.thumb.jpg.741a8d273f598e1d3d1fb9807ccc6025.jpg

This is the 2nd such abomination like this I've come across. The other was the New Belgium fruit punch IPA. I read IPA and see high ABV and think "eh, I'll give it a shot". 

Be warned. They're pouring disgusting, canned cocktail crap into cans and calling it beer now.