Beer 2023: Y’all still drink or nah?

HenryJames

On Saturday, I was headed from Temple to FW and popped into HEB on Valley Mills and I-35 at about 6:15AM.  I am on a bit of a time target later in the day, but I had time to see if they have any primus.  Boom!  4 sixers on the bottom of their warm shelf seasonal section.  I grab all 4 and head to the register.

"Sir you can't buy those until 8AM...and not at all on Sunday."

"Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot????"  Fucking Waco.  Thank gawd the Baptists protected me from drinking it all in the parking lot...

I just set them down and headed to the vehicle.  I still made it to Czech Stop to ease my butthurt. I am cursed to never have this beer...or just get leftovers.

giphy.gif

Edited by slorch

Live Oak Krampus Punishment Ale

Our hoppy holiday ale is brewed just for you...Krampus Punishment Ale is cold-fermented and hopped with Cascade, Crystal, Centennial, and Citra hops.

Munich and Red malt provide the malt flavor that balances the bitterness. It's that time of year when you receive the punishment you deserve!

6.7% ABV 70 IBU

Available on Saturday at Krampusnacht!

May be an image of ale and text

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

RIP Brutal Beerworks

I happened to go their grand opening on Father’s Day 2019 and then once more briefly in 2021 when going to nearby Turning Point Brewing but otherwise haven’t had/seen their beers anywhere (other than at the taproom).

I’m in Dallas proper and they are (where) located in Richardson Hills. Unfortunately, I wonder if there is some lesson in there for other breweries who are further out from their major cities about how viable it is to operate in a smaller town/outskirts when you don’t otherwise distribute anywhere.

RIP and it does suck to think about these breweries who tried, but didn’t make it.

603a3e73d6fafe081331972921d156ae.jpg

On 12/6/2023 at 3:11 PM, patrickdrinksbeer said:

before one minute ago, i had never heard of princeton, tx, much less big spray brewing. and i’m fairly plugged into the texas craft beer scene.

About 25 to 26 years ago, I picked up a leather bound section of wood that would be the counter for an art gallery and then drove it out to Santa Fe, NM and delivered it to said art gallery. 

The director of the Dallas location of said gallery set me up with a U-Haul 10’ cube truck, but I rented a smaller SUV and slapped the thing in there.

Turned out that there was some water in the bed of that U-Haul that soaked a bit of the moving blanket that encased that leather-bound section of art gallery counter and it left a pattern in the leather that was still visible in late August of 2020 when I stuck my head in to see if it was still there. 

That’s all I know about Princeton, TX.

🤘

beer highlights from Jersey this past week.  Neither of these are 'session' beers, but they were oh so tasty!!!

beerpage-productphoto-madelf-resized-1.ptroegs-brewing-co-troegs-mad-elf_1.jpg

and this one tasted like Andes mint candy with a boozy kick.  Had it on tap.

large.png?sig=df48f9af480b916556c63687cb

On 1/6/2023 at 6:55 PM, HenryJames said:

Heady Topper, imo.

D4FD51C1-DDF7-4D5E-B613-66F140044C8A.jpeg

When I lived in St Thomas my buddy from Mass shipped me a case of Heady Topper so that when I picked Dave Brockie from GWAR up at the airport for his 50th birthday I could hand Oderus one.

Good stuff...

• Hook 'Em 1