2023 Houston Texans Offseason - A Huge #2

The Earl of Texas

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

They have to draft a WR, zero talent at that position currently 

The problem is that they need a #1. And you’re probably only going to get “a guy” in the 3rd round or later. They already have those on the roster. Have to hope Metchie is healthy enough to contribute this season in a big way. Even so, his upside is probably capped at a #2. 

Edited by TonyTexas

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

It would if Ewers and Manning had played in basically the same system as Young, like all the recent flame out Ohio St QBs have. Unstoppable in college, can’t hack it in the pros. All of them.

Including all zero of them who were top 10 picks. By this logic the Chiefs royally fucked up by taking a Tech QB…

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I dont have a problem with either pick and the aggresiveness was fun to see but that trade was dumb as fuck. Giving up a likely top 10 pick next year (very possibly #1) AND #33 this year??? It wouldve been a bad trade even without 33. 

How do you propose to move from #12 to #3 then?

Edited by Ignatius

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

How do you propose to move from #12 to #3 then?

Didn't the Cardinals go from #12 to #7 after only giving up the Texans #33? I'm sure there was a way without giving what essentially amounts to 3 first-round picks and a 4th rounder. It feels like this was a panic move by the Texans front office.

The biggest problem with this team the last few years has been the lack of stars. Whose jersey would you even buy? Now we’ve immediately injected excitement and marketability to a team that desperately needed some.

And to those of you freaking out about the first rounder next year, check the schedule. Even a tiny improvement likely has us hovering around .500.

You still buy jerseys? Are you 13?
  • Hook 'Em 1

Caserio was still dumb. He traded up to #62 to grab the third or fourth best C when the Giants got potentially the best C at #57. Why wait to spend capital until after your targets get picked and then spend it to get a consolation prize? Watch them take some shitbox WR 3 picks after Jalin Hyatt gets drafted. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Caserio was still dumb. He traded up to #62 to grab the third or fourth best C when the Giants got potentially the best C at #57. Why wait to spend capital until after your targets get picked and then spend it to get a consolation prize? Watch them take some shitbox WR 3 picks after Jalin Hyatt gets drafted. 

You make him sound like Jerry Rice; he’s been passed over 65 times and counting. Guys a one-trick pony, he might not even have the best NFL career of any Tennessee WR in this draft….

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Nevermind. They traded the pick that became Hyatt along with their 5th rounder to take Cougar High WR. 🤦‍♂️ 

BF4CED54-F109-447B-ABB8-F20B107408E3.jpeg

Edited by Murfdogg21

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Rojo or ringo, bears can’t take them both 

Bears took a CB yesterday so unlikely they take one today.

Ringo and then either Roschon or LB. San Fran killed folks while our OC was there with the Wilson/Mostert combo but we signed Singletary in FA so don’t get your hopes up.

Our best hope of landing a Longhorn is taking Ojomo, which I do think will happen. We had a Top 30 visit with him and he’s in the mode of Ryans likes in DL. 🤘

Edited by The Earl of Texas

19 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

A a life long Houston sports fan that has generally despised the Texans, I thought they did very well last night. 

- Brand new coaching staff gets their no doubt starting QB for the next 4+ years and a defensive centerpiece that most likely will be a future Captain. DeMeco got his guy.

- Diehard fans will be super excited and have hope for the first time in a while. The most important pieces (coaching staff and QB) have been chosen.

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Texans are a  $6 bilcompany with zero star power. They hired Ryans and just blew up the draft, two of the top 4 players. They’re making a move today. 

If this is Hanna taking charge, I’m all for it 

12 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Cal trying to lock up the UH frat boy contingent

I haven't read a Texan's article since they let Hopkins go. Unbelievable the black hole of a franchise they have become.

DeMeco Ryans was a class act when he came to the Texans, and only added to his legacy, both on and off the field. Hiring him and getting his guys is the smartest move the Texans made since they bought the franchise and enticed Houston to build them a fancy toybox. 

Never heard of Hannah McNair til I read the thread this morning...

"Life long Houston Fan... hope... important pieces...zero star power, Hannah taking charge...frat boy contingent ... " -->>

Hannah brings a couple of nice attributes to the front and she has peaked my interest in the Texans. 

USATSI_19287759.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Cal-and-Hannah-McNair-Texans-getty.ashx?

Not a bad Hook 'em! for a UH gal.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT82FemrlRAJ93ZZC_sJ7V

Undefeated, right?

P***y, not the Texans.