2023 Houston Texans Offseason - A Huge #2

The Earl of Texas

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Florida fan here, Richardson has all the talent in the world but is maybe 3 years of good coaching away from being an average NFL passer. He's just inaccurate and indecisive, hope I'm wrong but I never saw anything more than a great runner and good character from him. He's a playmaker, but not a good passer. When the windows get even tighter I think he will really struggle.

He definitely isn’t ready to go Day 1, but most of the knocks against him were true of Jalen Hurts, and he’s bigger, faster, and has way more arm strength. It’s a moot point , I think all 4 of the top QBs will be gone in the top 8…

Edited by Ignatius

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Don't remember exactly who I heard say this, great commentary that Texans might tilt their draft heavy on defensive and line of scrimmage players.  Put more focus on improving the offensive roster next year.  

(Might have been Daniel Jeremiah who said it)

To that end, am on board w/Anderson & Johnson or Skoronski.  Please God, don’t let the Texans fuck this up.

I don’t think the Texans are looking to add a lot of draft picks with trade-downs. They currently have 12 picks this year and 10 in 2024. The exception would be if they could do a deal for #2 with a team picking no lower than 7.  You could then probably get what’s left of the big 3 DLinemen. Then use some of the draft capital picked up from that trade to move up from 12 and grab the falling QB. 

That gives Texans lots of capital to package picks to move that 12 up if they want.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The Texans never fail to deliver. What a dumb organization. They picked a certified moron at QB and then traded up to draft a guy described as a solid double at #3 overall giving up their draft capital. 

Sadly, I agree with you. Oh well back to going to church in person on Sundays. 

When you suck and don’t have the first pick, you trade back, get more picks, build a quality roster. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Sadly, I agree with you. Oh well back to going to church in person on Sundays. 

When you suck and don’t have the first pick, you trade back, get more picks, build a quality roster. 

What teams in recent years have done this?