2023 Fatass Thread of Dominance

Lurch

On 7/19/2023 at 6:34 AM, closetohumping said:

anyone ever feel like their body fluctuates a lot.

Yeah, today.

Yesterday after my workout and shower I got on the scale and weighed 205.  I ate normal to maybe slightly less than usual for a Saturday; I can usually count on gaining a pound to 1.5 lbs per day on the weekend because of eats but I put extra time in on the bike to keep it manageable. 

Well today I had breakfast which was not any larger than normal for the weekend.  Got on the bike, stacked 4x workouts with total calorie burn of 1,200 calories.  Cooled down, took a shower and the scale said 211. 

Yep, ate about my usual weekend menu, tripled the amount of calories typically burned in a day on the bike and gained six god damn pounds.  Explain that you CICO fuckers.

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yeah, today.

Yesterday after my workout and shower I got on the scale and weighed 205.  I ate normal to maybe slightly less than usual for a Saturday; I can usually count on gaining a pound to 1.5 lbs per day on the weekend because of eats but I put extra time in on the bike to keep it manageable. 

Well today I had breakfast which was not any larger than normal for the weekend.  Got on the bike, stacked 4x workouts with total calorie burn of 1,200 calories.  Cooled down, took a shower and the scale said 211. 

Yep, ate about my usual weekend menu, tripled the amount of calories typically burned in a day on the bike and gained six god damn pounds.  Explain that you CICO fuckers.

Water. Probably a little low right after your workout and a little high later in the day, too.

I gain about 8 pounds for 3 days when I eat Tex-Mex.

You don’t really think those six pounds — 21,000 calories’ worth — are going to stick, do you?

Yesterday, I walked 15.4 miles, ate under maintenance, and gained weight. Not fat. Weight. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

The 211 reading was butt naked right after the shower.  Out of curiosity I got back on the scale with clothes on 30 minutes later and had "dropped" 3 of those 6 pounds.  I'm not worried in the least since I really don't fixate on the scale number despite how it came across in the earlier post.  But I did find this rather amusing.

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Water.

I gain about 8 pounds for 3 days when I eat Tex-Mex.

You don’t really think those six pounds — 21,000 calories’ worth — are going to stick, do you?

Yesterday, I walked 15.4 miles, ate under maintenance, and gained weight. Not fat. Weight. 

Yeah, I hit a number on Thursday’s weigh in that I haven’t been since December. Despite 5 days a week at the gym and usually 600-1000 calories under maintenance at the end of the week. Just water and noise. 

The next day, I stepped on it just to step on it - 3 pounds lighter than the day before 

Edited by Js1

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The 211 reading was butt naked right after the shower.  Out of curiosity I got back on the scale with clothes on 30 minutes later and had "dropped" 3 of those 6 pounds.  I'm not worried in the least since I really don't fixate on the scale number despite how it came across in the earlier post.  But I did find this rather amusing.

Amusing. Annoying. PoTAYto. PoTAHto. 

Day to day, the scale does what the scale does. The trend, as long as you’re consistent, speaks. 

Some days, it feels like I’ll never lose another ounce. Other days, it seems like I’m going to waste away to nothing. 

Bonus points: spot my last trip to eat Tex-Mex and what happened to the water weight as I flushed out the crapton of carbs and salt. 

IMG_3717.jpeg

Edited by Doc Daneeka

20 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Last few posts have been great.  My weight fluctuates a few pounds here and there.  What I’m talking about is just the mirror.  Sometimes I look jacked.  Sometimes fat. It’s weird

Body dysmorphia. Brain is weird. During the week when I’m more strict and working out, I love how I look in the mirror. The weekends when I eat pizza and tex mex and don’t work out for 2 days, my brain sees more fat and flab 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Body dysmorphia. Brain is weird. During the week when I’m more strict and working out, I love how I look in the mirror. The weekends when I eat pizza and tex mex and don’t work out for 2 days, my brain sees more fat and flab 

Or the water retention is hiding some of the definition you otherwise see. 

• 3 weeks later...

Closing in on 20 lbs down and starting to notice some nice side effects finally.  One, my knees hurt a lot less after tennis.  Two, I am totally used to the portion sizes that I need to stick to.  Three, a lot more energy at the end of workouts lasting over an hour.

This is right around the halfway point for me, since my target was 245.  I am debating going to 235 instead but that will be once I hit my target.

I miss sugar but can make this work through my goal and then reintroduce some.  I can’t recommend tracking calories enough, it’s the only thing that’s worked for me because it was way too easy to consume an extra 500 calories of food each day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/25/2023 at 1:55 PM, Storm the Field said:

Not-humble-at-all-brag but I've been kicking ass since this post. Lost exact count, but I've worked out something like 33 of the past 40 days. Coming home from the gym this morning, it hit me that I'm absolutely in the best shape of any point in a good 5-6 years, though I still have lots of work to do. 

Self-imposed Summer Boot Camp starts on Tuesday. Really want to double-down on the diet during the work week and start focusing a lot more on my core and branching out from my existing routine. I think with 3 months of hard work, I can make significant progress getting my gut and waist on par with where the rest of me is.

Realized I haven't posted in this thread since Memorial Day. Have kept up a pretty strict workout schedule. Minimum 4 days a week and I usually aim for 5 and sometimes even go 6 if I'm able to make it on Saturday mornings.  Haven't weighed myself in months, but feels like I'm probably still plateaued somewhere in the 190-195 range. That said, I keep improving my muscle to fat ratios and steadily lifting heavier and heavier weights. By far the strongest I've been in 15+ years, maybe ever. 

Gonna keep up with the current regimen through New Years, as there's just too much going on this time of year to try and really "get in shape." Gonna do Dry January as usual, and toying with the idea of keeping it going until I turn 40 in early March. I think that would really help me drop those final 10 lbs that I can't seem to shed. We'll see how it goes.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Chugging along myself. 1.5 lbs week is fairly easy compared to 2 lbs so I hardly ever even use the elliptical anymore.

Currently bouncing around 196 which is 70lbs off my starting weight 14 months ago. Some sick part of me wants to touch -100 lbs but that may not be wise. I’d guess I only have 15-20lbs of reasonable fat left to lose and hope to get there by Feb/Mar.

I bought a Medium Tall golf shirt last week and it fits great. Medium! So bizarre for a guy whose self identity was always the “big guy” in the room. Also comfortably getting into 34” shorts and looking at tapered pants! Good times

f347a8945e9257a908e9af9b67c6039b.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

About to hit 30 lbs down myself after about 4 months.  When I get below 250 that will be my lowest weight since I was injured my senior year in college (I was about 235 to 240 with very little body fat).  I think I’ll try to stay with it and see where my “lean” weight would be but even as a freshman in college I was over 210, so I really doubt anything below 230 would be realistic.

Everything feels better, and my knees are loving it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ugh. Haven't lifted in exactly 2 weeks now. Lingering effects of the flu have sapped my energy dating back to the Sunday before last. Even after the worst symptoms passed, I've had a lingering cough and congestion and have been falling asleep super early and waking up dead tired in the mornings. Managed to do some cardio after work every day this week, but just haven't felt like I have anywhere near enough strength to lift. Longest I've gone all year. 

That said, trying to look on the bright side. This may have been what I needed to finally rest my arm. Developed a bit of tendonitis in my left elbow over the last several months. On my first set of curls every arms day, it feels like something's about to pop. It loosens up afterwards, but definitely concerning. 

My lingering cough has pretty much dissipated, and I feel like I'm back to about 90% of normal energy levels. Planning to ease back into normal exercise schedule on Monday. Probably gonna feel weak as hell and may even be sore afterwards, but I can't let much more time pass. Hopefully by the end of December I'll be back to where I was in mid-November. 

Sorry to hear that. Good luck ramping back up. Definitely one of the reasons I did this weight loss was I knew the next flu or Covid would kick my ass even worse given the shape I was in

I’m starting to look pretty damn fit at 193 lbs. The next 20-30 lbs will be quite interesting to see the results of

Wanted to try a water fast so I'm currently 65 hours in.  I'm still very active for 49 yo and 192 lbs.  Down to 185 with this fast so far.  Sleep has sucked I assume because energy has been through the roof. Workouts have been okay but not 100%. 

I could probably stretch to 96 hours but don't really want to.    

Checking in almost a year later from when I started changing my routine and eating habits. Flu also got me for the last two weeks, so this is definitely as low as I want to go. Down to 157 as of this morning. Started this last Christmas morning at 211. I need to be around 165. I need to lift more and maybe run a little less. My ass is gone, bring on the squats. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Still logging my calorie intake, which has been the key thing to make sure I don’t stray too much.  What is interesting is it was pretty easy for the first twenty five pounds and now it’s very incremental, like at best a pound or two a month.  It’s the longest I’ve been since college and it’s amazing how much better my knees feel.  Started running consistently again and am slowly increasing the distance, but not frequency.

The most noticeable change is I really can’t overeat anymore.  One plate of food is completely satisfying.  Never really had serious hunger issues as I’ve stayed with about 2000 calories per day.  I think my baseline with zero exercise is around 2400.

Also allowing myself a beer now every once in a while.  I think when I get to target, around 245, I’ll see about going further.  

Edited by Hefeweizen
  • Hook 'Em 1

The weather has stayed ok, so I’m still doing the stupid cardio. Recently went over 7.75 million steps for the year so, barring something bad, I’ll make it to 8 million steps this year.

TDEE is about 3500 and I’m eating about 3300 so the weight is trending down. I’m about three pounds from going into true maintenance for a long while, not counting what the copious chocolate pie at Christmas will do to the scale, but that’ll still probably happen early next year.

I’m still able to gain reps/weight when I lift, so the slight deficit hasn’t been too much of a beatdown. The 34” pants benefit from a belt. I bought some new base layer cardio stuff since it’s a little chilly some mornings and I actually got medium, extra long. That’s probably my high school size. Despite my screwed up wrist, I’m benching more than my body weight for sets which, although not especially impressive in the grand scheme of things, makes my old ass smile. I’m thinking I’ll stop adding weight at 225 and just go for more reps, but we’ll see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:59 AM, Storm the Field said:

Ugh. Haven't lifted in exactly 2 weeks now. Lingering effects of the flu have sapped my energy dating back to the Sunday before last. Even after the worst symptoms passed, I've had a lingering cough and congestion and have been falling asleep super early and waking up dead tired in the mornings. Managed to do some cardio after work every day this week, but just haven't felt like I have anywhere near enough strength to lift. Longest I've gone all year. 

That said, trying to look on the bright side. This may have been what I needed to finally rest my arm. Developed a bit of tendonitis in my left elbow over the last several months. On my first set of curls every arms day, it feels like something's about to pop. It loosens up afterwards, but definitely concerning. 

My lingering cough has pretty much dissipated, and I feel like I'm back to about 90% of normal energy levels. Planning to ease back into normal exercise schedule on Monday. Probably gonna feel weak as hell and may even be sore afterwards, but I can't let much more time pass. Hopefully by the end of December I'll be back to where I was in mid-November. 

In hindsight, pretty sure I had COVID. Never taken anywhere near that long to recover from a simple cold or the flu. Still had a couple spells this weekend where I felt like I could hardly stay awake, and I could hardly smell anything starting Sunday. Still a bit of congestion, especially in the mornings, but the cough is all but gone and I have my normal energy levels back. Sense of smell came back today as well.

Started lifting again on Monday. Only did about 80% of normal weight, but it's a start. Just did cardio again yesterday, but planning to lift again this evening. Hate getting de-railed like this, as it feels like losing 2 weeks ends up setting you back a month. It's like an anti-fitness multiplier. Oh well, at least I'm finally truly on the mend and getting back at it. Being sick like that for nearly half a month fucking sucks. Just saps all of the enjoyment out of life. 

• 2 weeks later...
Checking in almost a year later from when I started changing my routine and eating habits. Flu also got me for the last two weeks, so this is definitely as low as I want to go. Down to 157 as of this morning. Started this last Christmas morning at 211. I need to be around 165. I need to lift more and maybe run a little less. My ass is gone, bring on the squats. 
Good job, man. We are at a similar range...was at 215 this summer and now down to 173 after cutting most carbs and booze. Looking back, can't believe all the crap I was eating throughout the years that I'd somehow justify to myself. On a much better track now.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 12/6/2023 at 12:34 PM, Da Fino said:

I hit 159 this weekend at the tail end of a marathon training block, but I'm back up to 163 now that I'm rehydrated.  This was after being about 230 this time last year. No alcohol plus running equals negative 70 pounds.  I am also gong to have to start lifting more.  The first fifty pounds almost melted away on their own with zero booze and the ensuing poor eating choices.  The last twenty were largely unnecessary and resulted from going from sedentary to 20-mile runs.

• Hook 'Em 3

I got different numbers but my path kinda tracks with that.  I shredded off 35 pounds rather quickly.  Won't say it was easy, but in my middle 40's, it wasn't not nothing.  If that makes sense.  Way better eating, light cardio (hiking and swimming), no alcohol, etc.  I never had a sweet tooth but enjoyed red meat and starches way too much (Still do).  So was down to my college crew weight for hot second.  Biggest inhibitor was/is lack of good sleep.  I really didn't realize that until a couple of years ago, but weeks I sleep well---weight loss is almost passively easy.  So didn't want to come here to brag but was looking/feeling pretty damn good for 15 minutes of fame from summer to late Autumn.  In the last 30 days though, started eating like shit and not sleeping and not moving much.  And holy shit, hits you like a ton of bricks.  Depending on the day, I think I gained another 10 pounds back.  Most I've moved the needle either way in two years.  Fucking-fuck.  All the clothes I started fitting back into are suddenly a bit snug again.  I'm not waiting for New Year's resolutions, started to swim again this week and eat a bit better.  No alcohol helps and sweets aren't a huge deal, I'm sure I'll indulge a night or two at Christmas.  But the week of eating like hot shit at Thanksgiving with the in-laws just sent me on a crash-course (I accept full responsibility) and it's been 3-4 weeks of just garbage.  Few years back, even with booze---I could maintain easily.  But it's a legit 7-10 shit pounds in the link of an eye.  Damn.  

Anyway, let's all indulge a bit on Christmas Eve.  I forget how easily you can erase progress even after 18 months of it.  If I can get back on track back half of this month, I can hit my goal weight/BMI/blood pressure by my daughter's birthdays (they're both within a few weeks of one another).  One day at a time, I suppose.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

I got different numbers but my path kinda tracks with that.  I shredded off 35 pounds rather quickly.  Won't say it was easy, but in my middle 40's, it wasn't not nothing.  If that makes sense.  Way better eating, light cardio (hiking and swimming), no alcohol, etc.  I never had a sweet tooth but enjoyed red meat and starches way too much (Still do).  So was down to my college crew weight for hot second.  Biggest inhibitor was/is lack of good sleep.  I really didn't realize that until a couple of years ago, but weeks I sleep well---weight loss is almost passively easy.  So didn't want to come here to brag but was looking/feeling pretty damn good for 15 minutes of fame from summer to late Autumn.  In the last 30 days though, started eating like shit and not sleeping and not moving much.  And holy shit, hits you like a ton of bricks.  Depending on the day, I think I gained another 10 pounds back.  Most I've moved the needle either way in two years.  Fucking-fuck.  All the clothes I started fitting back into are suddenly a bit snug again.  I'm not waiting for New Year's resolutions, started to swim again this week and eat a bit better.  No alcohol helps and sweets aren't a huge deal, I'm sure I'll indulge a night or two at Christmas.  But the week of eating like hot shit at Thanksgiving with the in-laws just sent me on a crash-course (I accept full responsibility) and it's been 3-4 weeks of just garbage.  Few years back, even with booze---I could maintain easily.  But it's a legit 7-10 shit pounds in the link of an eye.  Damn.  

Anyway, let's all indulge a bit on Christmas Eve.  I forget how easily you can erase progress even after 18 months of it.  If I can get back on track back half of this month, I can hit my goal weight/BMI/blood pressure by my daughter's birthdays (they're both within a few weeks of one another).  One day at a time, I suppose.  

I’m even older than that but I see a lot of the same things. Especially the sleep. My vaguely educated guess is that sleeping poorly screws with cortisol enough to make your body hang on to weight more than usual.

My trend weight went up a couple of pounds over Thanksgiving. This was completely expected and an acceptable price to pay for all that chocolate pie. Then the trend went back to normal after a couple of days. Saturday was my mother’s birthday so we went for some Tex-Mex. That’s 7-8 pounds of carb and salt water retention for me, right there. That’ll come off but I also have a house full of cookies and fudge, so this week is going to end up being a wipeout on the scale, but if I can’t live a little, what’s the point, anyway?

Once the Christmas leftovers are gone, I’ll be back to “normal.” The 34” waist jeans are still good to go, so the logical part of my brain is working on soothing the more reactionary part. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't mind paying a short-term price for the weight gain if I enjoyed myself a bit here and there.  It was just the biggest tick upwards I've had in 18 months and it happened so fast I didn't even notice until I was already ~10 pounds heavier.  But at my age, i guess that can happen.  You're right about the Cortisol thing, I've had good and bad luck with it.  But I can just go incrementally better on diet and movement, but good sleep and no alcohol and I'm just shredding weight without trying too hard.  And a bit of shit diet here and there can be trouble, but as you say---it can still fly off without too much rigor.  But it seems like those weeks/months I stall out on sleep and maintain the rest of the lifestyle, it's all I can do to just stagnate weight and the slightest fuckup...I'm up a few pounds and it sticks for a long while.  

also this, "house full of cookies and fudge" you mentioned.  Do the other Keebler guys know about your latenight binging in the tree?  ;)  

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I don't mind paying a short-term price for the weight gain if I enjoyed myself a bit here and there.  It was just the biggest tick upwards I've had in 18 months and it happened so fast I didn't even notice until I was already ~10 pounds heavier.  But at my age, i guess that can happen.  You're right about the Cortisol thing, I've had good and bad luck with it.  But I can just go incrementally better on diet and movement, but good sleep and no alcohol and I'm just shredding weight without trying too hard.  And a bit of shit diet here and there can be trouble, but as you say---it can still fly off without too much rigor.  But it seems like those weeks/months I stall out on sleep and maintain the rest of the lifestyle, it's all I can do to just stagnate weight and the slightest fuckup...I'm up a few pounds and it sticks for a long while.  

also this, "house full of cookies and fudge" you mentioned.  Do the other Keebler guys know about your latenight binging in the tree?  ;)  

I would suggest not making browned butter chocolate chip cookies if you’re going to focus much on the scale. Or even (slightly misshapen) sugar cookies. 

IMG_0228.jpeg

• Drool 1

16 hours ago, YGIFS said:

If you line up two of those, it looks like a gingerbread man giving another gingerbread man a colonoscopy.  Which reminds me I'm due for one in 2024.  Maybe the cleanout beforehand will do me some good.  

Speaking of which, I'm getting my first colonoscopy in early February, a couple months after turning 49. 

PSA:  Men and women, if you're over 45, get a colonoscopy.  50 years used to be the timing, but given the increase in colon cancer in both men and women in their early to mid-40s, the medical community has now recommended that all get a colonoscopy at 45. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I guess we're doing year-end updates already.

Weighed in at 208 on 1/2/23 and currently sitting at 195. I've been down as low as 189 this year, but have put a few back on over the last few weeks of holiday season. Plus, I got the 'rona right before Thanksgiving and that knocked me off my workout schedule for quite a while. Just within the last couple trips to the gym can say I'm back to where I was in mid-November. 

Overall, quite happy with my progress this year. While 13 lbs doesn't sound like much "weight loss", my main focus this year was on adding muscle. When I started the year, I was probably close to 30% body fat. Just total dad bod, very little definition anywhere. After 11 solid months of lifting, I've probably got more muscle mass than at any point in the last 15 years and would guess I'm down closer to low 20's in body fat percentage. 

Initial focus for first few months of 2024 will be to shift gears and focus more on dropping those final 10 lbs and tightening up my mid-section. Arms, chest, and shoulders have all come along nicely this year, but my stomach, while protruding less than it did a year ago, still looks like a guy about to hit 40 that drinks too much beer. I dread doing any kind of HIIT, but realize I've got to reconfigure my workout routine to do something more than just light cardio and heavy lifting every day if I ever want to get where I'm trying to go.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

if you're in Austin you can get a legit DEXA scan for $75 on campus
https://sites.edb.utexas.edu/fit/body-comp-fit/

Started 23 at 191. About 5 10 1/2. Hit 173 . Ultimate goal is 165. Weights 3x a week, cardio 3x (HIIT), cut booze from 12-14 drinks a week down to 4-6. Body fat down from 24to 16%About 1800 calories a day. Onward.

Where is a good place for this dexa scan in Houston? North side if possible?

This weekend, I'll hit 800 classes on my  Peloton in less than 2 years.  First class was January 13, 2022.

Weight loss has stopped, but I'm maintaining.  I'm down 27 lbs from my high point at Christmas 2021 and eat whatever I want, so I accept that as a tradeoff.  Visited my doctor last month for my yearly and he told me that was normal; my body has adjusted to regular exercise and if I want to drop some more (I'd love to get to a steady 185-190, but I'm accepting of the 200 that I am now) it's going to have to be some dietary changes from this point on.

Many of you have stated the positive side effects of losing weight that you have experienced.  One that I am not taking for granted, at age 56, is the ability to screw much, much more (and no need for a PED now) than I could 2-3 years ago.  Cardio (plus the weight loss) have helped with that tremendously.  

Keep up the good work everyone, and here's to maintaining (or accomplishing) your goals in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 8:41 AM, South Austin said:

Speaking of which, I'm getting my first colonoscopy in early February, a couple months after turning 49. 

PSA:  Men and women, if you're over 45, get a colonoscopy.  50 years used to be the timing, but given the increase in colon cancer in both men and women in their early to mid-40s, the medical community has now recommended that all get a colonoscopy at 45. 

You can thank me; I contributed to the new recommendation.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well I’m 4 lbs up to end the year. At one point I was 11 lbs up. So I guess it’s better than it could have been. On the slightly positive side, after pt and some injections, my back is bothering me less than it was and I’ve been able to lift weights a little more consistently except for squats. I’m a little stronger than when I started the year - not 10 lbs of muscle stronger, but at least a little. 

Well, as embarrassing as this is, at least it’s progress: although I’m now old enough to withdraw from my IRA without penalty, today was the first time I’ve been able to do unassisted pull-ups. Yeah.

When I was young, and not a fatass, I probably could’ve done them if I knew what the hell I was doing, but I didn’t. I was trying to do them by, essentially, curling my body weight. That wasn’t going to work.

The lowest the assisted weight goes on the machine I’ve been using is 20 pounds, and that’s almost more of a pain in the ass than a help so after doing three sets of 8 last week I decided to give unassisted a shot. Three sets of five. Again, at least it’s progress. 

Along with other stuff, including 225 for sets on the bench press, I’d say I’m stronger than I’ve been in probably 30+ years. To paraphrase the guy from Renaissance Periodization, I want to be over-qualified to take care of myself as I get even older, so at least that arrow is pointing in the right direction. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wrap on 23.  Down to 250, really didn’t lose anything in December, due to eating bad shit.  But on the other hand, I’ve increased my bench press weight to 210 for regular sets, and for the first time since I was rowing I can do pull ups again.  24 will be focusing on strength, flexibility, and endurance.  

let’s do this in a new thread.  Thanks to everyone who posts here, a lot to inspire change.

• Like 2

Had lost 35 over the course of the year.  But 5-7 back on between Thanksgiving and the Sugar Bowl, I think it was actually ten at one point back a week or two ago.  But yeah, starting off a little bit further behind the grind than I thought I'd be.  I wanted to get to my goal by late April.  Now it'll take until basically my next birthday.  I used to go up and down 5-7 points without even noticing.  But holy shit, at this age with everything else wrong with me---feels like a waffle house opened a new location in my intestinal tract...and it shows down to my legs