Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Talked to my Dad last night. Turned out he was at the David Clyde game. Pretty cool considering he lived about 3 hours away

Not sure if posted. Great piece by Bill Jones on Clyde. Latter comes off really well - humble and forgiving an organization that butchered his career. Grieve is pretty emphatic about what Clyde's career should have been. 

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well that was a very pleasant night at the ballpark.

F2A61468-991C-47D0-B937-BF9992E5FFDC.thumb.jpeg.9287c531bc8f0caff4599082fc870940.jpeg

I was at the game last night too-- row 1 sec 6 (right behind 3rd base). This was my first time at Globe Life Field and I'd like to hear your thoughts, but I was underwhelmed.

You walk in and it feels like a convention center. I thought I was at the Javits Center or something. Lots of stale, clean concrete. I bought an $85 Rangers golf polo because I couldn't justify buying a $50 t-shirt for just $35 less.

Then the seats-- they kinda sucked. I asked a poster the other day what the Commissioner box equivalent was here, and he said there wasn't one and he was right. The nets are the lamest part-- is that an MLB-wide mandate or just the Rangers? 

The huge scoreboard was distracting and while it was 75 degrees indoors when it was almost 100 outside, I found myself missing the feel of a real ballpark-- smaller, less distracting scoreboard and the smell and sound and sight of the outdoors. It felt like a Field Haus on steroids and didn't feel major league.

That said the product on the field is GOOOD. Loved it and what a game we got to attend? I can see the place being electric during playoffs.

As stated I sat right behind 3rd base so got to see Jung up close and personal and that guy is a beast! He looks like a Mike Trout Jr. out there and his throws from 3rd to 1st on warm-ups (and in games) were frozen ropes that made me feel about 6 inches tall. Jung is going to be a very special player for a long time in the class of Mike Trout, I say.

So the seats were cool in that you were up close, but they also sucked from a sightlines. We couldn't see my boy Duran's homerun at all.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Mlb

Thanks.

I probably spent about $600 all-in, for two of us to attend for a decent time because the Rangers were awesome (and got to watch the best outing of Dane Dunning's career). I think I will prefer watching on Bally's until the playoffs and there's more energy and electricity onsite.

I like it. It's not The Ballpark at Arlington in terms of being a beautiful shrine to baseball. The Shed roof is horrible. I don't mind the glass and I think coming in from the North is a decent perspective and much more pleasing. We parked in V Lot on the Southeast side so it wasn't a great walk-up experience. It is fairly cookie cutter in and around it with Texas Live and the hotel right there. It reminds me of the Braves and Nationals stadiums. The former had the exact same Live option. Wrigley has that now as well. I loved the Braves stadium even though it's a completely open stadium. We went for Father's Day in 2019 and sat in the shade. I think Texas Live is a lot better than just having a parking lot with industrial offices around it. At least you can spend a day there now and even have some fun before and after. It's finally the development Arlington was promised with the old ballpark. 

I do not miss sitting out in hot evening weather in the summer. I love that we could all not worry about heat except for the short walk from our parking space. I like how much smaller it is. It's not a massive, stretched out structure like the Ballpark. I don't sit low so the views I have are always pretty good. I think I've sat behind home plate to first base side each time I've gone. mdleast and I went during Covid and just spent a good portion of the game going to different levels to check out the views. None were that bad outside of the really dumb section behind the left foul pole where you can only see right field. I like that they scaled back the seating. It was pretty loud last night at times with the roof. 10 runs also helps. I think the only real criticism I have is there are not enough food options as there's lots of dead space behind home plate whereas that was a huge food portion at the old stadium. The beer selection has gone down but we just go to Division Brewing before the game now. I'm already planning to go back a few more times this summer with some friends and a separate trip with my youngest who enjoys going. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Stadium talk not going away.

Nets went up even In the old park. Want to say that was around 15 or 16. To me the best bang for your buck are all the 100 series seats. Left field second deck is nice and the second deck around the bases is nice. I haven’t been in right field yet but I feel like that would also be worth it.