2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think the douche factor/bat flip shit knocked him down some. That stuff bugs the f** of baseball purists. 

Let’s say he continues to knock the cover off the ball in Corpus, could they promote him in September and keep him eligible for Super 2?

They could promote him in late June and he still wouldn’t be super 2. September is a layup

27 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Givin Jake all the props. Never been happier to eat my words. That dude was completely lost for a while at the plate and the field. Have to give him credit for becoming a legit major leaguer.

I think someone on here said wait on Jake- he might be a player. 
I did, however, lose faith literally the day be turned his career around. So yeah. That’s what’s going to happen to me when I sell the last of my Whitley stock. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Givin Jake all the props. Never been happier to eat my words. That dude was completely lost for a while at the plate and the field. Have to give him credit for becoming a legit major leaguer.

I'm starting to believe that he just wasn't ready to come back from the surgery last year.  Neither are big samples but 2021 and 2023, he's been about 110 wRC+.  That's comparable to Chas and definitely playable for CF.

Just now, WBT said:

I'm starting to believe that he just wasn't ready to come back from the surgery last year.  Neither are big samples but 2021 and 2023, he's been about 110 wRC+.  That's comparable to Chas and definitely playable for CF.

With his defense and a 110 wRC+ I think he is an all star. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

With his defense and a 110 wRC+ I think he is an all star. 

2nd on the team in position player fWAR.  Of course Tucker's defense right now on there is stupid low.  I think in general they should regress all of their defensive numbers about 50% toward the mean.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1